Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why does everybody hate Fraeye?

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Another manager with no experience of English league should not be an option. I have nothing against Fraeye, yes he was assistant under Riga, but we need someone with at least League One experience, not someone who has only managed a 3rd division Belgian team. Doesn't mean they have to be English or even British as there are many foreign managers in the English game. They just have to understand the game in this country.

In all honesty though we know it's going to be someone the fans don't approve of so not sure why we bother venting our opinions to the club. Oh yeah it makes us feel better. They don't listen and they won't break from this flaming network model which I used to back because I could see potential. I can't anymore.

Did Klopp , Wenger, all the Watford Italians , shall I go on have exoeranice of English league before they joined ??
    They had more experience than Peeters, Luzon and Fraeye
  • Options
    Colin nobody takes your opinions seriously. If we end up in the second division you would still be defending them.
  • Options
    I am not 100% sure he is from Belgium, he may have grown up in the former Yugoslavia. His first name is a Slavic version of Charles which is how he introduced himself to me, presumably he thought I would 'understand' Charles more easily than Karel.
  • Options
    The Belgian Les Reed. End of.
  • Options

Mate he's not even that.
  • Options
    has KM had enough time to go through her very very extensive applicant review process ?

1 phone call" yes RD" ----about 2 seconds i should think.
  • Options
    He touched me in my special place.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Mate he's not even that.
    Agree - just in the sense that he is a coach / tactician who has no managerial roll of honour at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No one hates him.

NI one hated Luzon.

No one hated Riga

No one hated Peeters

We just hate spin, sliding into extreme mediocrity and the refusal by those in key positions to learn from their mistakes
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Another manager with no experience of English league should not be an option. I have nothing against Fraeye, yes he was assistant under Riga, but we need someone with at least League One experience, not someone who has only managed a 3rd division Belgian team. Doesn't mean they have to be English or even British as there are many foreign managers in the English game. They just have to understand the game in this country.

In all honesty though we know it's going to be someone the fans don't approve of so not sure why we bother venting our opinions to the club. Oh yeah it makes us feel better. They don't listen and they won't break from this flaming network model which I used to back because I could see potential. I can't anymore.

Did Klopp , Wenger, all the Watford Italians , shall I go on have exoeranice of English league before they joined ??
    Or Peeters and Luzon, as other examples I can think of...
    The best example in this case is Christian Gross
    Jozef Venglos?
  • Options
    Isn't Fraeye rumoured to be the one who recommends the player's we should sign?

Worrying times
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Jozef Venglos?
    Another good one. Just goes to show this sort of thing was going on even before the advent of the premiership!
  • Options
    I would very much like to know the criteria which has been used to determine that Fraeye is the best man to take us forward
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Jozef Venglos?
    Another good one. Just goes to show this sort of thing was going on even before the advent of the premiership!
    Actually, thinking about it, not one British manager or coach had any experience of managing or coaching before they were given their first job as a manager or coach, did they... Didn't think of that, did you Colin - ha! :wink::smiley:
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I would very much like to know the criteria which has been used to determine that Fraeye is the best man to take us forward

He is available, obedient and relatively cheap
  • Options
    On Charlton Way it says that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The appointment of Karel Fraeye fits into this category.
  • Options

se9addick said:

He's not even bloody available, presumably we'll have to pay his current club something ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Cawley saying Fraeye is in. So glad a lot of thought went into that. To appoint a caretaker from abroad for the rest of the season shows they don't have a clue and take us for fools. Surely the best thing is to take some time and get the right person in long term even if it takes a week or two. Euell could have done as caretaker surely. But no they go for the first network manager they can think of. Brilliant

Charlton we are officially on a break
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

He's not even bloody available, presumably we'll have to pay his current club something ?
    Presumably severance packages in the Belgian regional leagues are not particularly expensive?

After all, it's not like Roland (who is a successful businessman) ever wastes money ;-)
  • Options
    vff said:

On Charlton Way it says that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The appointment of Karel Fraeye fits into this category.

Glad I read this because I was just about to start a new thread based on that quote!
  • Options

No one hates him.

NI one hated Luzon.

No one hated Riga

No one hated Peeters

I actually hate him. Sorry.
  • Options

vff said:

Glad I read this because I was just about to start a new thread based on that quote!
    http://thecharltonway.com/club-news/guy-luzon-sacked/
  • Options
    I don't hate Fraeye I hate that he represents a clueless dictator-type owner that is determined on sending us back to League One by appointing mindless yes men with little experience.

The club is a complete joke. The only way to stop this crap is to vote with your feet. I stopped going to The Valley and just go to away games. I feel much better that I can support my team without lining The Dictator's pockets.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Colin, you get lots of LOLs but I've never seen you post a joke.
  • Options
    Keith Peacock and Jason Euell would be a caretaker arrangement. Branding Fraeye as that is likely to be a way of easing him in in the hope a couple of results pacify the natives. Think Phil Parkinson in 2008. Murray went the opposite way wth Les Reed in 2006 and it backfired badly.
  • Options
    vff said:

I agree with you except Duchatelet probably thinks it has worked well so far as the previous mid season managerial changes have resulted in us not being relegated. Whether he gets away with it for a third time..... I am not so sure.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015

Keith Peacock and Jason Euell would be a caretaker arrangement. Branding Fraeye as that is likely to be a way of easing him in in the hope a couple of results pacify the natives. Think Phil Parkinson in 2008. Murray went the opposite way wth Les Reed in 2006 and it backfired badly.

But what happens if the Fraeye appointment does not bring an improvement of results and Charlton go on a record run of not winning a game ? Would that result in a danger of Fraeye not getting the job.........