Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

season ticket refund

If fraeye is the new man then im probably done for this season. Is it possible to return one mid season?

I'm not trying to stoke a debate up here on whether people should or shouldn't refund just asking if anyone's done it before and how they work out the refund??

Comments

• Options
    I very much doubt it but sure someone will confirm. Mine will not be renewed next season if the situation has not changed for the better and we are at least given a modicum of hope.
  • Options
    I'd like to know as well, I think I'm done, after 20 straight seasons, the club I loved don't deserve my time or money until Roland pisses off
  • Options
    If you could return your season ticket and get a refund, I certainly would. I doubt this is an option though. I'm going to pick and choose which games I go to though. I've already made my mind up that I won't be renewing next year and I won't come back until Roland has moved on.
  • Options
    Ill give you £17.37 for it
  • Options
    Whether anyone has or hasn't to date is possibly neither here nor there.

There were big changes to consumer legislation courtesy of the Consumer Rights Act 2015* which came into force with effect from 1st October 2015. So your chances of success depend upon what that legislation says and maybe whether you bought on-line, by telephone or in person. But I'd suggest the club could reasonably decline a pro rata refund if it so wished. Playing rubbish football is probably not grounds for a breach of contract I'd have thought.

*That would be the nasty Tories battering big businesses to better protect ordinary hard working consumers - who'd have thought it!
  • Options
    you know as well as I know .. when we go on a ten game unbeaten run, you'll be tearing your hair out (if you have any lol) in frustration that you handed in your season ticket in a fit of pique
  • Options
    If you are serious, and the club refuse any refund, put it on EBAY and auction it. Nothing to lose and could cause unwanted publicity for RD? Might be fun for all of us sharing your pain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They won't agree to refunds and subject to a legal ruling to the contrary they don't have to do so.

I think targeting DNC could make Meire's life uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I've thought the same this morning, people asking for money back, is probably the only way that Roland would notice.

Would he care? Probably not , he has no emotional interest in us, otherwise if he did, he'd flog his other clubs, and come to our games.
  • Options

If you are serious, and the club refuse any refund, put it on EBAY and auction it. Nothing to lose and could cause unwanted publicity for RD? Might be fun for all of us sharing your pain.

I suspect that they are non-transferable. From memory you can only transfer the use of your seat (subject to paying the appropriate upgrade fee) three times a season.
  • Options

They won't agree to refunds and subject to a legal ruling to the contrary they don't have to do so.

What is DNC Airman?
  • Options

What is DNC Airman?
    Delaware North Catering is my guess.
  • Options

I understand DNC are struggling to make the catering etc work on the existing numbers. I doubt they would be impressed by a further fall though lower attendances or being caught in a protest against the owner.

Worth being a target
  • Options

I understand DNC are struggling to make the catering etc work on the existing numbers. I doubt they would be impressed by a further fall though lower attendances or being caught in a protest against the owner.

One of the kiosks in NL was closed yesterday and definitely think that targeting the catering side will cause more issues for KM/RD. Don't believe fans staying at home is the answer. Not actually sure what is tbh though!
  • Options

I suspect that they are non-transferable. From memory you can only transfer the use of your seat (subject to paying the appropriate upgrade fee) three times a season.
    Why transfer it, just use it?
  • Options

Yeah, give it away on a match by match basis but selling it on eBay is a little bit obvious isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So we're going to petrol bomb the caterers HQ then yeah?

Sssshh
  • Options

I imagine DNC are struggling due to the crap that they are serving up and the standard of service according to comments on other threads?

Surely if they have paid us to have the catering rights then its their issue not the clubs.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I imagine DNC are struggling due to the crap that they are serving up and the standard of service according to comments on other threads?

Surely if they have paid us to have the catering rights then its their issue not the clubs.
    But if a former Arsenal employee had promised them certain gates and certain sales figures then it might be awkward.

Getting rid of DNC and bringing the catering house might actually do the club a favour assuming they can find someone to run it well.
  • Options
    I returned mine in 2004/05 in December 04 and got a refund of the balance. I had a good reason though, I was moving a long distance and couldn't make the games. They might not give a refund because you're fed up!
  • Options

Yeah, give it away on a match by match basis but selling it on eBay is a little bit obvious isn't it?
    Not sure what you mean. Your identity is not usually revealed on EBAY so CAFC would not be able to trace the seller.
  • Options

iaitch said:

But if a former Arsenal employee had promised them certain gates and certain sales figures then it might be awkward.

Getting rid of DNC and bringing the catering house might actually do the club a favour assuming they can find someone to run it well.
    Not sure how anyone can promise certain gates and certain sales figures?

If we are doing well then gates go up if not they go down.

Also if the product is bad or overpriced then the sales figures will go down.

I don't eat or drink at the ground as I think its bad value.

Anyway, getting away from the subject of the thread, apologies.
  • Options
    @iaitch figures for the gates and catering operations can be manipulated to suit the needs of an individual, and in the case of the former Arsenal employee they were well and truly manipulated! DNC are losing money hand over fist at the valley.
    When ran as an in house operation the catering and hospitality operations brought in significant six figure profit for the club.
  • Options

Well to be honest, more fool them for not doing their homework properly. Thought it was a strange deal from the off.

It was and is but it served its primary purpose of landing someone at job at Norwich.

don't know the details, Gaefield is the expert, but I assume we get a flat fee plus a percentage of sales/profit.

So reduced sales hit our share.

Meanwhile if DNC are losing money on the contract they will doing everything to cut costs to reducing the chips to less than 14, paying staff less, reducing hospitality offers while putting up prices while closing some outlets.

All means worse service for fans, fewer options and higher prices.

Doesn't matter if don't buy food or drinking the ground but it becomes a vicious circle as poor service equals fewer sales equals worse service and so on.

Meanwhile DNC put pressure on the club to increase sales and or prices.

But as long as we sweat the asset.