Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

season ticket refund

2»

Comments

• Options

Well to be honest, more fool them for not doing their homework properly. Thought it was a strange deal from the off.

It was and is but it served its primary purpose of landing someone at job at Norwich.

don't know the details, Gaefield is the expert, but I assume we get a flat fee plus a percentage of sales/profit.

So reduced sales hit our share.

Meanwhile if DNC are losing money on the contract they will doing everything to cut costs to reducing the chips to less than 14, paying staff less, reducing hospitality offers while putting up prices while closing some outlets.

All means worse service for fans, fewer options and higher prices.

Doesn't matter if don't buy food or drinking the ground but it becomes a vicious circle as poor service equals fewer sales equals worse service and so on.

Meanwhile DNC put pressure on the club to increase sales and or prices.

But as long as we sweat the asset.
    As long as it hurts RD, I'll put up with the pain for a while
  • Options
    What's the deal with Crossbars on match day ?
  • Options

What's the deal with Crossbars on match day ?

DNC Run it and take the money out of which, and all the other deals, they pay us our cut.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving yes DNC pay a flat fee plus a percentage of sales to the club.
    The percentage paid on match day is slightly higher than on non match functions, the difference is 3%.
    Therefore boycotting the catering operations on match days costs the club as well as DNC.
    The difficulty DNC now have is that based on the figures given by the new Norwich employee, they invested heavily in the infrastructure of the operations (much needed investment) over the period of the contract they wish of course to recoup this investment plus make a profit.
    The only way to achieve this now, is to increase sales or to cut costs, unfortunately for the supporters the second of those two options is now starting to take place.
  • Options
    garfield said:

@Henry Irving yes DNC pay a flat fee plus a percentage of sales to the club.
    The percentage paid on match day is slightly higher than on non match functions, the difference is 3%.
    Therefore boycotting the catering operations on match days costs the club as well as DNC.
    The difficulty DNC now have is that based on the figures given by the new Norwich employee, they invested heavily in the infrastructure of the operations (much needed investment) over the period of the contract they wish of course to recoup this investment plus make a profit.
    The only way to achieve this now, is to increase sales or to cut costs, unfortunately for the supporters the second of those two options is now starting to take place.

Seems to me a catering boycott is really the way to go then. Many people don't want to miss a game, many don't even want to get to their seats 5-10 mins late. Maybe they would abstain from buying food and drink to help make a point.
  • Options
    @garfield, Does that infrastructure revert to the club when the four year deal is up or is it like the programme sellers stands and walks with the contractor?
  • Options
    @garfield, Does that infrastructure revert to the club when the four year deal is up or is it like the programme sellers stands and walks with the contractor?

As a general rule, the investment in infrastructure is written down over the period of the contract.
    So I would suggest that the majority of infrastructure investment would revert to the club at that time.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

If fraeye is the new man then im probably done for this season. Is it possible to return one mid season?

I'm not trying to stoke a debate up here on whether people should or shouldn't refund just asking if anyone's done it before and how they work out the refund??

I would suggest you contact the club and ask them directly. I am sure a lot of people would be interested in the repsonse, which isnt based on speculation.
  • Options

No disrespect here, but everybody had the picture of what this lot were about last season (and the one before come to think about it), yet people STILL renewed. What is it going to take to get people to see that facilitating this dictatorship by buying season tickets is folly? Even turning up for home games is folly. Even purchasing from the shop, the catering, the bars is folly. By doing all this, everyone that gives over cash to this regime is complicit in this shambles.

It was a massive step for me to give up my season ticket. I've sat in that seat since we won promotion to the Prem via the play-offs. I've seen some amazing games from that seat. Whilst people around me have come and gone, I've been there thick and thin, travelling hundreds of miles per match, but enough was enough. If you keep giving them your money you are giving them your permission to run this club into the ground. Many may not share this perspective, I know, but please think about it.

Away games are often a more expensive day out, and I completely understand that living where I do gives me access to a lot of clubs in this division, many of which are either closer than The Valley or a similar distance, but it feels great to support the team knowing that my money is not going directly into the coffers of this rich maniac dictator.

Absolutely, this. I too am much more inclined to go to away games now than home matches. I live 100 miles from the valley and I have a young family who I would rather spend time and money with/on than supporting a regime I cant agree with that I dont get any enjoyment out of any more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redsek said:

I very much doubt it but sure someone will confirm. Mine will not be renewed next season if the situation has not changed for the better and we are at least given a modicum of hope.

Will be cheaper in league 1
  • Options

redsek said:

I very much doubt it but sure someone will confirm. Mine will not be renewed next season if the situation has not changed for the better and we are at least given a modicum of hope.

It will be a lot of things in League One!
  • Options

redsek said:

Don't count on it
  • Options
    I don't expect and won't ask for a refund but as things stand will not be renewing our 2 season tickets next year. More than happy to boycott the catering inside the ground and as someone who has booked various hospitality packages over the years I wont be doing that in the foreseeable future

• Options
    drewman said:

mrbligh said:

If fraeye is the new man then im probably done for this season. Is it possible to return one mid season?

I'm not trying to stoke a debate up here on whether people should or shouldn't refund just asking if anyone's done it before and how they work out the refund??

I would suggest you contact the club and ask them directly. I am sure a lot of people would be interested in the repsonse, which isnt based on speculation.
    It's not really speculation. Over many years, the club has taken the view that season tickets are not refundable after first use - however, it has exercised discretion on compassionate grounds, for example where someone dies after purchase. It's highly unlikely they will apply this discretion on the basis of the owner being a nutter because there is an obvious risk of a stampede.