Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To put The ridiculousness of Fraeye into perspective

Fraeye was a coach here under Riga

Riga performed amazing results, was liked by the fans, but was not deemed good enough to take the club forward.

Fraeye has since been unsuccessfully coaching in the third tier of Belgium football. They play in front of a couple of hundred people, is the equivalent of say Erith and Belvedere (ie. below Welling, Dartford, Bromley), have lost 4 out of 5, and went down 4-0 in their last home game.

Fraeye is now seen as the right man to take Charlton forwards.

A few days ago I said one of the following:

will emerge in the short-term if the poor form and fall-out continues:

a: he isn't mad, he addresses something in decline (like he would with his other businesses) and Luzon, and most probably Miere will be facing replacement pretty soon and the circus starts all over again with different ring-leaders

b: he is either mad or belligerent, and continues with the status quo. And the theory that he is only really interested in some form of self-sufficiency running of a club based on lean budget supplied by player sales, with not real interest in its heritage or support, and no real ambition in its advancement, gains further traction.

Turns out it is a combination of A and B

Comments

• Options
    Be great to see how KM dresses this one up
  • Options
    It's absolutely baffled me this time, which is why I think this black and white campaign is such a great idea. Clearly somewhere in dark reaches of Roland's mind he must have an agenda , we as fans surley reserve the right to know what that is. As AFKA rightly suggests Fraeyes appointment would surley only add further evidence to the argument that he is getting some sort of self fulfillment out running the club to a tight budget without taking into consideration the views or opinions of the fans which should be one of the fundamental considerations when running a football club. In short if\when Fraeye is appointed I think fans should see this as the final straw and vote with their feet , the fans at liege managed to drive him out so I'm sure we could too (allbeit) they are bottom of the belguim league now
  • Options

Fraeye has since been unsuccessfully coaching in the third tier of Belgium football. They play in front of a couple of hundred people, is the equivalent of say Erith and Belvedere (ie. below Welling, Dartford, Bromley), have lost 4 out of 5, and went down 4-0 in their last home game.>

This is so absurd that it's laughable. Just a pity it's our club that he is playing with.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

The only bit I'm looking forward to is KM's speech

Her resignation speech would be so much better
    Not gonna happen. She is building a CV developed on lies when the reality is incompetence in this role.
  • Options
    Should be ok then when she goes into politics.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will this prat ever learn?
    Probably not
    We need a true leader to get behind Ffs he might of well just pick a manager from non league and give him a go
  • Options
    When put like that it is even more alarming how/why he'

Fraeye was a coach here under Riga

Riga performed amazing results, was liked by the fans, but was not deemed good enough to take the club forward.

Fraeye has since been unsuccessfully coaching in the third tier of Belgium football. They play in front of a couple of hundred people, is the equivalent of say Erith and Belvedere (ie. below Welling, Dartford, Bromley), have lost 4 out of 5, and went down 4-0 in their last home game.

Fraeye is now seen as the right man to take Charlton forwards.

A few days ago I said one of the following:

will emerge in the short-term if the poor form and fall-out continues:

a: he isn't mad, he addresses something in decline (like he would with his other businesses) and Luzon, and most probably Miere will be facing replacement pretty soon and the circus starts all over again with different ring-leaders

b: he is either mad or belligerent, and continues with the status quo. And the theory that he is only really interested in some form of self-sufficiency running of a club based on lean budget supplied by player sales, with not real interest in its heritage or support, and no real ambition in its advancement, gains further traction.

Turns out it is a combination of A and B

When put like that it's even more alarming how/why he's been appointed.
  • Options

I'm just at a loss, so we appoint a head coach from one of the biggest clubs in Belgium but within 9 months is a complete failure and is sacked, as a replacement a coach from a Belgian third division club is appointed. So how's that going to work?

There is a possibility that RD is giving up on Charlton and planning to sell, so he's sending over a network elf whose sole target is to get a dead cat bounce, while RD prepares to cut his losses.

• Options

I'm just at a loss, so we appoint a head coach from one of the biggest clubs in Belgium but within 9 months is a complete failure and is sacked, as a replacement a coach from a Belgian third division club is appointed. So how's that going to work?

There is a possibility that RD is giving up on Charlton and planning to sell, so he's sending over a network elf whose sole target is to get a dead cat bounce, while RD prepares to cut his losses.

We can only hope!!!
  • Options
    Probably be told by KM (again) that this is the bloke we have been waiting for, the special one etc, etc...showing their belief as they hand him a colossal long term 12 month contract.
  • Options

We can only hope!!!
    Well, the obvious point is to be careful what you wish for. Who knows what we'll get when RD shuffles off this Charlton coil?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We can only hope!!!
    Well, the obvious point is to be careful what you wish for. Who knows what we'll get when RD shuffles off this Charlton coil?
    And look no further than Liege for an example of how apposite that warning is.

• Options
    Indeed
  • Options
    I understand that KF is going to be caretaker manager and that the club are going to excercise due diligence in their search for a permanent manager.
    I am prepared to accept this, however if they appoint KF full time following the same bullshit when they appointed Luzon, then I won't be coming back.
    Generally I am a positive person but this has pushed me over the edge re club loyalty.
    As fans we should be demanding transparency from the club its the least they owe us.
  • Options
    Agreed Greenie.

I am a very positive person and tend to seek out the plus side ...at present, I see none.
  • Options
    RD is simply mad! There is no point in analysing any of his decisions. Just because somebody has money doesn't mean he's sane.

It's just a pity that we've handed our beloved club to an idiot.
  • Options
    Is Karel bringing along his brother in law to help out with training, or will it be his Mrs?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

When Parkinson was appointed manager they said "we will give it 8 games and see where we are" . He lost all eight and they gave him the job.

Yes they (Murray) did, what a bunch of class A mugs we are!
  • Options
    What a joke this is really turning into! when rd took over and sacked powell(and no I'm not saying he was fantastic and I was in love with him) but we had good commited players who wanted to wear the shirt and a manager we were behind ,yes we wanted better results what football fan doesn't then somehow in a short space the club has now lost its soul and there's defenatly no light at the end of the tunnel with this clown coming in