Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To put The ridiculousness of Fraeye into perspective

Comments

• Options
    Gets way beyond a joke. It is the same routine sack the manager get another pal in and then sack them when they fail and try the same with someone else. It is not working so why not try and get a proper manager in who knows the division rather than keep peeing the fans off.
    I struggle to see how someone so stubborn can make as much money as RD has. Surely you realise when you have made mistakes and don't keep making them
  • Options
    Following the uproar over the appointment of Luzon and the way it was done so quickly without even considering other suitable candidates, they have it seems now done exactly the same thing again. If anyone needed proof of the contempt and lack of respect that RD has for us fans, this is it. It feels like he is on a mission to give us the sh*ts, there can be no other explanation for such a quick, obscure appointment.
  • Options

Following the uproar over the appointment of Luzon and the way it was done so quickly without even considering other suitable candidates, they have it seems now done exactly the same thing again. If anyone needed proof of the contempt and lack of respect that RD has for us fans, this is it. It feels like he is on a mission to give us the sh*ts, there can be no other explanation for such a quick, obscure appointment.

Cheap, malleable, quickly available, and won't argue back ...perfect fit.
  • Options
    Carol Fry will be cheap as Belgian Fraeyes.

There's the nub - a fraction of what a respectable, experienced manager at this level would expect. Duchatalet certainly isn't interested in paying big money for a manager who won't adhere 100% to his warped vision.
  • Options
    There's a little part of me that wants Middlesboro to knock double-figures past us next week. I can't ever remember feeling so apathetic to my club.
  • Options
    I hope my next boss puts me in a position of responsibility for which I've done nothing to deserve it.
  • Options
    I guess when you change your managers more often than you change your socks it can start to get expensive.
  • Options
    I wonder if our former Belgian visitor 'Bertje' will turn up again to tell us what a great coach Fraeye is - as he did in this thread from May 2014 when it was rumoured that Fraeye would taking over from Riga....?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61497/karel-fraeye/p3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is Karel bringing along his brother in law to help out with training, or will it be his Mrs?

Nope, Karel will bring along Wim De Corte. (came from Waasland Beveren FC)
  • Options
    Chunes said:

The thing I've noticed in my times working for entrepreneurs or business people is that they are usually not as cold in their decision making as I would have believed. By that I mean even the really successful ones would often rather take a hit to their wallets than to their ego.

That's why I don't buy this idea of, "he's a businessman so he must want to get to the premier league for the money."

I don't believe he wants to get to the premier league for the money, he wants to get there because he would have done it the 'Roland' way, flouting all the normal rules, doing it on a shoestring and seeming brilliant for it. He wants to be thought of as that brilliant innovator.

If he was in it for the money, and just as a business, he would've followed tried and tested methods of success.

Let's stop taking solace in the idea he's a business man. Because the key word there is just 'man'. He won't address something in decline if by doing so he undermines the image he has of himself.

Good post
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Be great to see how KM dresses this one up

it will be under the guise of being caretaker manager, if by some fluke he gets a couple of results he'll get the permanent job. Utter shambles.
    If he gets a couple of wins we're building a statue and naming a stand after him.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    For his plans to work Championship survival is very important it seems, and he's willing to throw money at it/be decisive, but not much more
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

I wonder if our former Belgian visitor 'Bertje' will turn up again to tell us what a great coach Fraeye is - as he did in this thread from May 2014 when it was rumoured that Fraeye would taking over from Riga....?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61497/karel-fraeye/p3

Interesting thread (that deserves bumping), with a few posters believe positive about him.

He doesn't sound too bad there, although his recent results at a low level say otherwise.

• Options

Will this prat ever learn?
    Probably not
    We need a true leader to get behind Ffs he might of well just pick a manager from non league and give him a go

This. Would rather see someone like Jamie Day have a go.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I understand that KF is going to be caretaker manager and that the club are going to excercise due diligence in their search for a permanent manager.
    I am prepared to accept this, however if they appoint KF full time following the same bullshit when they appointed Luzon, then I won't be coming back.

Why would Fraeye leave a permanent role to become our interim manager, knowing that if we were actually exercising due diligence and looking for a permanent boss then he could be gone in a couple of weeks.
    I firmly believe that he's been told he's got the job permanently but it's been dressed up to us as 'interim' manager to give RD and KM some kind of get out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carol Fry = the managerial equivalent of Dorian Smith
  • Options

Greenie said:

I understand that KF is going to be caretaker manager and that the club are going to excercise due diligence in their search for a permanent manager.
    I am prepared to accept this, however if they appoint KF full time following the same bullshit when they appointed Luzon, then I won't be coming back.

Why would Fraeye leave a permanent role to become our interim manager, knowing that if we were actually exercising due diligence and looking for a permanent boss then he could be gone in a couple of weeks.
    I firmly believe that he's been told he's got the job permanently but it's been dressed up to us as 'interim' manager to give RD and KM some kind of get out.
    I think Fraeye has been told that the job is his to lose. I do think that a search for a new coach will be undertaken but that Fraeye will be already on that list. If he gets a response from the squad a climbs us out of bother then I think it's a done deal. Should we still be in trouble come January then the new man will be appointed with just enough funds to give him a fighting chance.

• Options

Greenie said:

Please do have a look at the website for their club. Looks like they get crowds of about 200 hundred; not room in the dug outs for everyone so some sit on hard chairs out in the open (no sofas). It does bring in to focus just what sort of jump up this really is.
    The players are amateurs and if they are not paid, how much do you think the manager is being paid? Just to have being a manager of a Championship club on your cv should be enough to persuade him to jump at the opportunity. Bung in bed & breakfast and a fiver for an evening meal and you have total loyalty as well.
    I really thought this was a wind up until it appeared on the OS. God knows what the players are thinking. I bet most have been on the phone to their agents asking them to try and get them out of the club.
    Hopefully, they are just popping over to run training today and tomorrow while we interview candidates. I expect Holloway to get the job as it will be someone slightly off his rocker to apply for the job.
  • Options
    After our track record with Roly's cronies he could be the next Mourinho and still be a ridiculous appointment. At some point stubbornness and an inability to learn to learn from past mistakes becomes stupidity, bordering on insanity.

The players will see the neptitudal conveyorbelt in the same way we do, I doubt they are impressed and invigorated either.
  • Options
    KF has a more immediate problem, namely trying to work out where the hell Middlesboro is.
  • Options
    Posted this before but it is so true: I quote Einstein "Insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
  • Options

Posted this before but it is so true: I quote Einstein "Insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Yeah but Einstein never met my missus.

• Options
    Well that is conclusive proof that he is absolute gash.
  • Options
    Surely all managers are interim managers.