Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pete Finch commentator on CAFC Player (jacked it in)

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Yes I have checked it out this time, but on twitter today Pete Finch a regular poster on here and the commentator on CAFC Player has quit saying he cant do this anymore while RD is in charge. I got to know Pete and he is a genuine guy and I can only thank him for helping me when I started doing the match threads, See you soon Pete, I hope, when this clown and his entourage have moved on.

Comments

• Options
    shall miss you Pete and hope to hear you sometime in the future in happier times
  • Options
    Total respect to him for doing this and shows what a true supporter he is.

I was going to post something tonight about what I think we should be doing as a protest and one of my ideas is that any supporter doing work on behalf of the club (paid or unpaid) on a match day basis should withdraw their services, and just be at games as a suppporter
  • Options
    Another good 'un gone, how many have there been since The Mad Professor and Pinocchio in the boardroom took over.

All the very best Pete, one day we'll have OUR Charlton back but don't hold your breath..
  • Options
    Good man, wonder if any of the other guys that do the commentary/Charlton Live shows will follow suit ?
  • Options
    Well done Pete, will miss your commentary
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh God, not Emma again please! Seriously, very sorry to hear this as Peter and his co commentators have been so important to us distant fans. As much as I admire his principled stance, I hope the quality of service will not be too compromised.
  • Options
    Good for you @PeteF
  • Options
    He's a good decent man is Pete. Fair play to him.
  • Options
    Good for you Pete.
  • Options
    Fair play @PeteF

Was there a temptation to finish yesterday with an appropriate diatribe? Would have thought that was hard to resist, even for a professional. Hope you're back soon, as there'll be a good reason if so!
  • Options
    Good for him, but how sad it's come to it.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if my £5 a month for CAFC player goes to the club, or the payer people?
  • Options

Does anyone know if my £5 a month for CAFC player goes to the club, or the payer people?

I think its the player people @Petef can you confirm?
  • Options
    I didn't renew my subscription when it ran out in March. Won't bother again until this shower are gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Pete. If Emma comes back then i'm stopping my Player subs.Maybe thats what ill do anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Good on you @PeteF.

I hear Roly already has a Belgian who used to make the tea at a student radio studio in Liege lined up to replace him. Colin says he's better than Mike Ingham.

Either that or Katrien gets another responsibility added to her job description
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go Pete, but I agree with you enough is enough.

The rest of us need to hit these lying Belgium ..... where it hurts most, in the pocket, sadly the only way we will see change.

It may take a season or two but falling income will hit them hard, l implore you all to spend as little at Charlton as possible, food, functions and tickets. Sadly I am a long standing season ticket holder but whatever happens won't be doing so again while these morons are involved.
  • Options
    Really disappointed from a selfish point of view as his commentary has been great over the past couple (?) of seasons. Hope to have you back on the airwaves under better circumstances!
  • Options
    ...your move @LouisMend ....
  • Options
    Would like to see Keith Peacock and Jason Euell do the same out of principle!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this! Good luck Pete and hopefully hear you again when RD finally does one!
  • Options
    Sad to see Finchy go, but I can't blame him one bit. Personally after this departure, I have to tip my cap to Olly Groome. God knows it must be hard for him to stick it out in these tough times. I worry that he may be next :/
  • Options

Would like to see Keith Peacock and Jason Euell do the same out of principle!

I worry some of the player might. :'(