Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pete Finch commentator on CAFC Player (jacked it in)

Comments

• Options
    A dram too many!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm really glad people have posted all these tributes.

You'll be back!!!

Catch up soon Pete.
  • Options
    Admire your principles PeteF, fair play to you. I have cancelled my subscription to Cafc player aswell.
  • Options

Perfect moment here to sum up how much the club means to @PeteF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1NqBNhZXeE

Perfect moment where I lost the plot.....
  • Options
    Much respect for Pete Finch , F++k the season ticket , Roland can shove it up his arse. Until that dog Wan+er's gone I'm not attending. I'm Charlton through and through since 1969 good times and bad. But the current owners are just liars and do not have a clue about English football
    Take care Pete Finch , much respect for you
  • Options
    That's a shame, good luck Pete.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've really enjoyed you commentaries, Pete. Hope to have you back when Roland goes.
  • Options
    Good on you PeteF.
  • Options
    Well done PeteF
  • Options
    Respect
  • Options
    Good on you Pete. Proud to have you as a mate.
  • Options

Good on you Pete. Proud to have you as a mate.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Sad to hear this. I will miss the entertainingly partisan commentaries. I think I'll probably bin CAFC Player if it goes back to the local radio feed.

It's staggering how many good Charlton people have departed the club in the past couple of years. Indicates something is very seriously wrong with the place as working environment.
  • Options

Best to you, Peter. I'd like to say 'See you soon at The Old Loyal Britons', but the money-men have done away with that little gem, too. Another piece of sanity done away with. They know the price of everything and the value of nothing, etc. Grrrr.

Couldn't agree more! Always enjoy Pete's passion for Charlton, so it can't have been an easy thing to say. All the best, Pete
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad news. RD could save money by playing the Benny Hill theme intead of commentary. Or the Belgian national anthem.
  • Options
    As an aside, does commentating for CAFC player preclude saying what you jolly well please?
    I would think it is quite a stretch to think that Charlton Athletic had monitoring and censorship of the platform. indeed the Reading commentators were pretty rude towards Guy Luzon the other day, so negativity exists somewhere in the 'player' universe.
    To commentate for CAFC player means you can be useless (Emma), wilfully useless and arrogant (Jamie Reid), good (Peter Finch) and even incomprehensible, but the one thing you can't be is critical?
    I really find that difficult to assimilate, or to understand why. The commentators are voluntary and pay all their own expenses, certainly with travel away, and they devote loads of time to what they do for free, it isn't as if they can be sacked for being controversial as they're not employed in the first place.
    Is it about etiquette and decorum?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

As an aside, does commentating for CAFC player preclude saying what you jolly well please?
    I would think it is quite a stretch to think that Charlton Athletic had monitoring and censorship of the platform. indeed the Reading commentators were pretty rude towards Guy Luzon the other day, so negativity exists somewhere in the 'player' universe.
    To commentate for CAFC player means you can be useless (Emma), wilfully useless and arrogant (Jamie Reid), good (Peter Finch) and even incomprehensible, but the one thing you can't be is critical?
    I really find that difficult to assimilate, or to understand why. The commentators are voluntary and pay all their own expenses, certainly with travel away, and they devote loads of time to what they do for free, it isn't as if they can be sacked for being controversial as they're not employed in the first place.
    Is it about etiquette and decorum?

You're the public face of the club. In that capacity you cannot bite the hand that feeds. So full credit to him for taking a moral stand.
  • Options
    @PeteF

You coming Thursday Pete? It would be good to hear from you.
  • Options

@PeteF

You coming Thursday Pete? It would be good to hear from you.

Whats the details for Thursday?
  • Options
    Http://castrust.org all on there
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    A person with principles and self respect. KM will be thoroughly confused if she hears what you've done Pete.

I'm sure a Voice of the Valley article from you would be very interesting and welcomed by many. Although I understand that may be difficult.
    You've been very good at what you've done and I and many others hope you get a chance to return sooner rather than later.

All the best.