Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, who would you have picked as "interim" Head Coach?

It seems that there is universal disagreement that KF is the right choice as "Interim Head Coach". So, as an exercise to see the direction that most people think the club should be taking right now, who would *you* choose as Interim Head Coach?

Most people think the decision that the club made (whether it was RD or KM) was wrong. So who would be the right decision?

Comments

• Options
    Are you happy with it Chizz?
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I would have picked Jason Euell
  • Options
    Jason Euell is the obvious choice.
  • Options
    Has to be Euell.
  • Options
    dabos said:

Jason Euell or Damian Matthew

Yep, one of these until an actual manager was brought in. Peacock did it until we brought Powell in. Basically anything other than bussing in a no mark from the Network to sit on the job while we're in the relegation zone
  • Options
    Euell here too.
  • Options
    The Dalai Lama
  • Options
    Jackson and Euell
  • Options
    Katrien Meire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Angela Rippon
  • Options
    If I actually believed that KF was only going to be "interim Head Coach" I could just about accept it. Problem is the board see us fans as mugs and are lying through their teeth re the appointment.

There is no way KF will not get the job full time (and then probably be fired a couple of months later).
  • Options
    Euell
  • Options
    Les Reed.
  • Options
    An Interim coach normally comes from within, a la Keith Peacock a couple of seasons ago. So Euell/ Balthacha would have been the normal choice. However, this isn't a normal football club anymore.
  • Options
    Euell all day no brainer
  • Options
    Euell, Peacock or Jackson.
  • Options

Euell, Peacock or Jackson.

Do you think Keith Peacock would be a good choice?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dot Cotton
  • Options
    Johnnie and Jase
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Johnnie and Jase

This
  • Options
    Colin.
  • Options
    Sean O'Driscoll and here's why:

“You name it, I have done it at Bournemouth. We had no training kit, so we went to the market and bought a load of Fruit of the Loom T-shirts. Oh my God. I was manager then. Part of the kit deal was that you got £20,000 worth of training kit but you were being charged a lot for a cotton top. We were looking to save or maximise money, so we decided not to take the money from the kit deal for the training kit and went to the market instead.”

O’Driscoll explains: “Rather than go into the boardroom and ask for money we tended to do our own thing to raise money. We wanted to make sure we had balls throughout the season, so we did our own team photoshoot. We asked the yacht people, Sunseeker, for help and all got on one of their boats at Poole Harbour, turned it around to face Bournemouth pier, sat everyone down and got a local photographer to take the team shot from a rowing boat. We printed it as our team photo and sold it. The club wasn’t too happy when we outsold the official photograph but we weren’t raising money for a party. It was all for the club’s benefit.”

Right up RD's financial street. He can also actually coach and knows the League too. And as far as I'm aware he's jobless currently having left Liverpool with Rogers.
  • Options
    Geoffrey Boycott
  • Options
    Keith Peacock but this is not the case.
    Give it afew months say the end of Jan2016 we could well be speaking about this again ,of course this will be too late to help Charlton and division3 it will be.If that is the only way to rid us of this illness that is RD..so be it.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The Charlton way is to give it to a young coach with potential ala curbs and Powell... so Jase would fit the bill... personally I think Andy Hughes would do well!!

Posted this on another thread.. more about the permanent job but I stand by it..
  • Options
    Sandra,Harry Redknapps wife.
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson and maybe, depending on results might get the full time gig.