Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough

see they are playing at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening, so our new management team will be able to see how they play, of course it might be their reserve team?
let's hope for extra time and penalties

Comments

• It'll be a strong 'Boro team against a weakish Reds XI
  • see they are playing at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening, so our new management team will be able to see how they play, of course it might be their reserve team?
    let's hope for extra time and penalties

At the moment I suspect a knackered Boro side would stroll through us.

• Have we actually got a scout at the club, or is Rolands doing that as well?
  • Lumbering, out of form, unlikely to pose a goal threat.

Facing Wayne Rooney on Wednesday will be good practice for the Boro defenders before the visit of Charlton...
  • Ben18 said:

It'll be a strong 'Boro team against a weakish Reds XI

Wednesday or Saturday?
    got me there ((:>) .. both ?

That's one of Katrien's roles.

No. The scout asked for £1 expenses for a cup of tea and Roland told him to #### ###.
  • The man who scouted opposition for us has joined Fulham. I have heard that Katrien didn't even know that was part of his job.
  • Sponsored links:

• TBH, Gosport Boro would steamroller us on saturday.
  • Spare train tickets for Saturday anyone?
  • In case they play a weakened team at Man Utd, please pass on to Carol...

Boro Team v Leeds 26th Sept

4-2-3-1.

Konstantopoulus

Kalas-Ayala-Amorebieta-Friend

Clayton - Leadbitter

Stuani- Downing-Adomah

Nugent

Subs-Fabbrini for Stuani
    Nsue for Adomah
    Forshaw for Leadbitter

As the game was on Sky, you would have thought someone at the club recorded it. Or did Phil Chapple take all the CD's with him?

• edited October 2015
    Don't go to many aways, fit them in around family life and try to arrange longer trips around visits to friends and family... Lucky me that Yorks/NE is where they are. £32 ticket, plenty more in train fares... Not looked forward less to a game in a long while
  • Don't go to many aways, fit them in around family life and try to arrange longer trips around visits to friends and family... Lucky me that Yorks/NE is where they are. £32 ticket, plenty more in train fares... Not looked forward less to a game in a long while

I'm not winding people up with my notes, I'll take them off your hands at a reasonable price.

Inbox me if you're interested.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

In case they play a weakened team at Man Utd, please pass on to Carol...

Boro Team v Leeds 26th Sept

4-2-3-1.

Konstantopoulus

Kalas-Ayala-Amorebieta-Friend

Clayton - Leadbitter

Stuani- Downing-Adomah

Nugent

Subs-Fabbrini for Stuani
    Nsue for Adomah
    Forshaw for Leadbitter

As the game was on Sky, you would have thought someone at the club recorded it. Or did Phil Chapple take all the CD's with him?

That's not a bad line up !

Why would we be specifically looking at a game against Leeds a month ago though ?
  • edited October 2015
    Tutt-Tutt, you seem obsessed with formations ?

On any given day, a 4-4-2 could beat a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 or any other combination for that matter. Man City played that way a lot under Pelligrini in the Premier League when they won it, even thou it does get exposed at champions league level. (Quality players is the key )
    plus when you attack ,the formation should always be different to when you defend.

During matches as you know, being a football person, if you played a rigid 4-4-2 your full back would never get forward; Under Peeters this happened because Wiggins was told to hold his position unless we got right on top.
    when Igor got injured we played 4-5-1 at times and hardly created chances in home matches.

We should have been 3-0 up after 15 minutes playing 4-4-2 but once Brentford got their passing game together and Alan judge shows what a cracking player he is, when he can run riot, we should have switched to a 4-2-3-1. but it was difficult to tell in the end because when you are chasing a game it easier for the other side
    to pick holes in your defense.

I'm more worried about The overall fitness than formations because i have seen us lose, playing various types of formations. (Powell,Riga,Peeters and Luzon)

I agree with you that i want a coach who can think on his feet and change things if need be.
    Luzon didn't get much wrong in the 1st 4 matches of the season, but he was exposed when the other team gain the momentum and passed around and through us because of our lack of pace and fitness.
  • You do need to be set up correctly though soapboxsam, as much as it looked like losing to Brentford was because we didn't fancy it but give the highlights a rewatch and you will see their extra man in midfield was key to all their chance creating - they could always double up on each wing which takes a simple 1-2 to get into a crossing position = goalscoring opportunity.

As much as Fraeye could be a great motivator (I don't know if he is) or train our players fitness levels to the best they can be at - he needs good understanding of how to set up when and where.

If Middlesborough have an extra man in midfield they could quite simply dominate play because 4 men chasing 5 is a laborious task especially away from home. If we block out the midfield then we need to tactically set up well in how we create our chances.

Either way if nothing else, the game could be interesting. Let's see if Boro pick up any injuries/suspensions tonight (4 are a yellow short of suspension)
  • Boro are 4-2-3-1 again tonight.

Meijas

Kalas-Ayala-Gibson-Friend

Stephens-Leadbitter

Nsue-Downing-De Pena

Kike

@soapboxsam, if we go with 4-4-2, how does our 4 in midfield match up when Boro have the ball? Who picks up Downing?

the point of knowing the opposition's system is to get your team selection right to nullify their strengths from the start. You then have to pick their pattern of play, I.e. How they play through the defensive, midfield & attacking thirds, to nullify their play. Then you can think about how you are going to cause them problems.

By the way, Man City play 4-2-3-1.
  • They're not going to rest players because they have Charlton on the weekend. If anything they'll play a strong team tonight, rest their first team, U21s and U18s against us and we'll be playing their U11s come Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well at least they've gone to extra time in the cup - so will be more tired! #clutchingatstraws
  • penalties live on SKY SPORTS ONE now
  • 1-3 boro win pens
  • I work with a Boro fan who told me that they have four players one booking away from a suspension against us and described these players as walking yellow cards. Just looked and I don't think any of them got booked. Bollocks.
  • As if their confidence wasn't high enough already.
  • How much were the Boro players smiling during the match? Presumably more so than the United players hence why they won!
  • Did Fraeye stay in Manchester overnight or straight back down last night to take a light training session this morning
    Prolly scouted by David McCallum again
  • Spanner literary masterclass-Lesson 1...combining emotions with expanses of water.
  • Macronate said:

Spanner literary masterclass-Lesson 1...combining emotions with expanses of water.

I owe it all to Chizz......and God, obviously.