Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2016

Comments

• Options

Just downloaded this via steam on to my sons laptop. Upon launching the game, all I'm getting is a flashing screen. Not being an IT expert, I'd appreciate any advice.

Try some of the suggestions here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Pre-Release-Beta?p=10524543&viewfull=1#post10524543
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Just downloaded this via steam on to my sons laptop. Upon launching the game, all I'm getting is a flashing screen. Not being an IT expert, I'd appreciate any advice.

Try some of the suggestions here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Pre-Release-Beta?p=10524543&viewfull=1#post10524543
    Good stuff Scoham. I'll have a look. Cheers
  • Options
    Has anyone not playing as Charlton kept an eye on how we're doing in their game?

I'm in July 2018, under Karel Fraeye we finished 14th in 2015/16 and 16th the following season. He was sacked in November 2017 and replaced by another Belgian manager (Ronny Van Geneugden). He was sacked himself after the season ended as we finished 23rd relegating us to League One.

Richard Murray left the club in May but RD and KM are still there. In June Wayne Routledge was appointed as manager (his first non-playing job). In July Evangelos Aslanidis (seems to be the current president of Greek club AEK) was linked with a takeover with a Hungarian goalkeeper said to be their choice of manager if the takeover goes through.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Has anyone not playing as Charlton kept an eye on how we're doing in their game?

I'm in July 2018, under Karel Fraeye we finished 14th in 2015/16 and 16th the following season. He was sacked in November 2017 and replaced by another Belgian manager (Ronny Van Geneugden). He was sacked himself after the season ended as we finished 23rd relegating us to League One.

Richard Murray left the club in May but RD and KM are still there. In June Wayne Routledge was appointed as manager (his first non-playing job). In July Evangelos Aslanidis (seems to be the current president of Greek club AEK) was linked with a takeover with a Hungarian goalkeeper said to be their choice of manager if the takeover goes through.

Blimey, that's a bit realistic!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Scoham said:

Is he Manuel from Fawlty Towers? He's also the bloke who replaced Bob Peeters when he joined us

• Options

Scoham said:

Is he Manuel from Fawlty Towers

We can replace a pretend waiter with a real one.
  • Options
    How come Naby Sarr is like Bobby Moore in this game, he's literally unbelievable, he dominates in the air, brings the ball out, scores goals for fun!
  • Options
    I've just downloaded the 'Touch' version for my tablet, and will be starting a game off later today. Looking forward to this taking over all my free time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

How come Naby Sarr is like Bobby Moore in this game, he's literally unbelievable, he dominates in the air, brings the ball out, scores goals for fun!

He won't be in the next data update.
    Noooooo! My back 4 is awesome!
  • Options

Scoham said:

He won't be in the next data update.
    Noooooo! My back 4 is awesome!
    It won't effect your current game, just any future ones you start. Naby Sarr will continue to be a 10 goals a season centre back for you
  • Options
    Finally caved and bought this. It's the first one I've played since 2008 and it's a lot different.

Started a game as Charlton and I've found it so hard. Players seem to get injured so often. Was rock bottom of the league despite reaching the quarters of the League Cup, and decided to quit.

Just started a new game. Any advice on basic tactics and instructions? Lost my first two pre season games and can't find any way to score.
  • Options
    Realistic, or what????

I've been pondering buying it, I really loved it as Championship Manager back in the '90s; even then played some marathon sessions.

Back then you sometimes got interesting outcomes I you played as an actual manager, though I wouldn't recommend calling yourself Karel Fraeye (not that he was an actual manager either).
  • Options

I've never had any success on FM. Sacked by Charlton, Bradford, Halifax Town, Havant and Waterlooville and my personal low, Weston Super Mare.

The worst bit about my final sacking with Weston Super Mare was that the board's objective for me was to not get relegated and I couldn't even manage that.

I took the WSM job after my sacking from Bradford. I distinctly remember a local journo asking me why I had been so unambitious after having the Bradford job. I told him he was a c*** so I had the last laugh

Are you Karel in disguise?
  • Options

I've never had any success on FM. Sacked by Charlton, Bradford, Halifax Town, Havant and Waterlooville and my personal low, Weston Super Mare.

The worst bit about my final sacking with Weston Super Mare was that the board's objective for me was to not get relegated and I couldn't even manage that.

I took the WSM job after my sacking from Bradford. I distinctly remember a local journo asking me why I had been so unambitious after having the Bradford job. I told him he was a c*** so I had the last laugh

Are you Karel in disguise?
    Not a very good disguise if he is
  • Options
    This fm more than ever you need to change your tactics. You get worked out by sides so you need to adapt.
  • Options
    Managed to win the Prem finally with whitehawk. It's 2040. Beat man city in a first v second place game on the final day having been trailing them all season. They had a 2 point lead so anything but a win wouldn't do haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm playing the touch version on my tablet...and man it's tough. So many injuries, finally Watt left the treatment room only to be injured for another 3 weeks 10mins after coming on as a late sub in the capital one cup.To date, we lost all but one pre season game, have beaten Qpr on the opening day but have lost the next 3. Have managed to get to the 4th round of the league cup. I'm trying to focus training on defending, as we keep letting in to many goals

I have a £200k transfer budget, so I'm not expecting much in the way of business during the window.
  • Options
    If you're struggling, I recommend watching some YouTube videos of people playing football manager. You can see what they are doing and it can give you some good tips.
  • Options

This fm more than ever you need to change your tactics. You get worked out by sides so you need to adapt.

Agree, but you can change too much. Small regular changes are the way to go.

Look at the scouting report for the next opponent, and see what formation they're vulnerable against. Look at the Assistant Manager's suggestions during games.

Look at positions/roles as you would in a real game. There is no point having 2 centre mids both as Ball Winning/Box to Box Midfielders as their instructions will cause them to leave position too often and leave gaps. Whereas Centre Mid/Deep Lying Playmaker tend to stick to their position; so try and get a combination of both. Same as with the defense, if you have 2 Stoppers or 2 Covering defenders, it can cause issues.

With Charlton, I have pretty much had a 4-2-3-1 from the start. Set up on 'Counter' playing high tempo pressing football.

Henderson GK (d)
    Solly WB (s) - Diarra CD (d) - Bauer LD (d) - Bergdich WB (s)

Cousins BWM (s) - Jackson DLP/CM (s)
    JBG IF (s) - Ceballos AP (s) - Vetokele IF (s)
    Watt AF (a)

And over time just tried to improve on each position in the squad, and made small changes depending on available players etc. Ceballos was injured a lot early on, so I played with a holding midfielder instead, but set my 2 centre mids to be more attack minded. Budget always seems to be low, so tend to spend more of the money getting better players tied down to longer contracts, and always look at the free transfer/loan markets for players.

6.5 seasons later, and I've only got JBG left. Though Roland did sell to Marcus Evans after 3 years, so that was nice.
  • Options
    Thinking about starting a roleplaying FM game. My name will be Belgian Baptiste and I'll appoint Karel Fraeye as my director of football with 100% control over transfers and contracts. I'll sit there and wait to be sacked.
  • Options
    Anyone who has a few mates who play should really try out the draft mode, such a good laugh even with just two of you but the more the better in my opinion.
  • Options

Yet again SI get it wrong with charlton... Bergdich worth 4.5 million and is rated out best player... Probably the reason the circus network clown signed him

I mentioned on another thread, Reza and Lilian Thurman have very good ratings on FM13. I think they may be using the scouting stats!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Thought id just drop this here. I've started my own website dedicated to football manager! Perhaps if anyone gets a chance they could give it a look over and give me some feedback. May even find it useful and start using it you never know!

http://www.fmarchived.com

The main purpose of the website is player profiles and club information. I've basically holidayed until 2030 in the game and taken snapshots and a little review every 5 years of the young 'wonderkids' of the game. For clubs I have listed transfer budgets, wage budgets, facilities etc for many of the top leagues. Going forward I plan to include guides on the games mechanics, tactical advice and staff recommendations.

There are many similar websites but I plan to get the most relevant information all in one place. It's a bit of a learning curve actually making the website, its all self taught in the evenings after work. As I am literally creating the website and filling it with content at once its a bit messy I guess. I hope to have something very user friendly for FM17, im treating 16 as a warmup.

As I said, id love some feedback on how to improve it, where its design, functionality or content based! Sharing is also greatly appreciated.

-------------

In other news, I just got sacked by Leeds!!

• Options
    MattD said:

Thought id just drop this here. I've started my own website dedicated to football manager! Perhaps if anyone gets a chance they could give it a look over and give me some feedback. May even find it useful and start using it you never know!

The main purpose of the website is player profiles and club information. I've basically holidayed until 2030 in the game and taken snapshots and a little review every 5 years of the young 'wonderkids' of the game. For clubs I have listed transfer budgets, wage budgets, facilities etc for many of the top leagues. Going forward I plan to include guides on the games mechanics, tactical advice and staff recommendations.

There are many similar websites but I plan to get the most relevant information all in one place. It's a bit of a learning curve actually making the website, its all self taught in the evenings after work. As I am literally creating the website and filling it with content at once its a bit messy I guess. I hope to have something very user friendly for FM17, im treating 16 as a warmup.

As I said, id love some feedback on how to improve it, where its design, functionality or content based! Sharing is also greatly appreciated.

-------------

In other news, I just got sacked by Leeds!!

Should have been concentrating on your job instead of some silly website then! Cellino gets some stick, but who can blame him in this instance?
  • Options
    MattD said:

Looks interesting, I'll give it a read. Just a note that you have Odegaard down as a keeper in the Wonderkids section.