Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2016

13»

Comments

• Options

MattD said:

Thought id just drop this here. I've started my own website dedicated to football manager! Perhaps if anyone gets a chance they could give it a look over and give me some feedback. May even find it useful and start using it you never know!

http://www.fmarchived.com

The main purpose of the website is player profiles and club information. I've basically holidayed until 2030 in the game and taken snapshots and a little review every 5 years of the young 'wonderkids' of the game. For clubs I have listed transfer budgets, wage budgets, facilities etc for many of the top leagues. Going forward I plan to include guides on the games mechanics, tactical advice and staff recommendations.

Looks interesting, I'll give it a read. Just a note that you have Odegaard down as a keeper in the Wonderkids section.
    Thanks! That's me being unprofessional using him as a placeholder. He has now been replaced by two new goalkeepers I have profiled tonight. Gianluigi Donnarumma of A.C Milan and the young Polish talent Bartlomiej Dragowski.
    Should have another two profiles up tomorrow night.

Having a few issues with lower resolution screens and particularly mobile devices with content overlapping. I've had to apply a minimum width to avoid this for the time being but it does unfortunately mean scrolling over to the right to view content.
  • Options
    Started playing this game and just doing the friendlies at the moment. I appointed Mick Harford as my assistant and I got Paul Scholes as coach lol

Anyone recommend any players? Bare in mind the budget is low.
  • Options
    Just got the mobile version...
    DiscoCAFC said:

Anyone recommend any players? Bare in mind the budget is low.

What he said.
  • Options
    Finished 12th in my first season. I have been offered a new contract for 2 years, with the fantastic transfer budget of £63k and wage budget of £180k! And Roly won't increase the transfer or wage budget (that is overspent already just from those players that I already have), so I'm having to do a lot of wheeling and dealing. Sold Kashi (he was annoyed as I fined him for his third sending off of the season - bitch please!) and trying to sell Vetokele and Ceballos as well to raise some cash. However I am only allowed 20% of any transfer fee received due to the club's debts, so it's a load of rubbish. Praying for a takeover soon.

Luckily the board agreed a buyout of a sell on clause for Joe Gomez, so had ~£300k from the £1.7m, plus I sold Moussa, Diarra and Reza in January (total of ~£1.7m, so another ~£300k for me from that), bringing in Gabriel Zakuani from Peterborough for ~£200k, and Duncan Watmore from Sunderland and Josh Onomah from Spurs on loan. With the little I had left over I've managed to sign Will Keane from Man United for ~£500k and Ishmael Miller on a free, and just trying to negotiate Onomah on loan again, as well as Ryan Mason on loan from Spurs.

Trying to sell Tucudean and Polish Pete, but no one wants Tucudean and Pete is out for 7 months with a cruciate injury!

@Scoham How are the following things researched and determined on the game?

- current player wages, bonuses, clauses etc
    - player ambitions, favoured personnel etc
    - current wage and transfer budgets
  • Options
    What noteable changes to our squad other than the transferred players? @Scoham
  • Options

What noteable changes to our squad other than the transferred players? @Scoham

Bergdich no longer has legs
  • Options
    I'm guessing lookman has had his stats seriously inflated and sarr's has been torpedoed?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

16.3 update is out including the data update

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/453727

Roland and Katrien are now of course on the clubs disliked staff list...

Does this mean there is an increased likelihood they'd sell the club?
  • Options
    Still playing the 2015 version, but have just finished 2018 season with Charlton, finished 2nd in PL, winning UEFA Cup and FA Cup and the club is now worth £1.08bn!!

Got a transfer budget of 95m for upcoming season

Current 1st Team consists of:

-----------------Luigi Sepe-------------------
    Kurt Zouma- Joe Gomez- Danny Baath-Tyler Blackett
    ------------Dele Alli- Jordan Cousins------------
    ---Adama Traore-Thomas Drage-Anthony Martial---
    ----------------James Wilson------------------

Reason for hope!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Still playing the 2015 version, but have just finished 2018 season with Charlton, finished 2nd in PL, winning UEFA Cup and FA Cup and the club is now worth £1.08bn!!

Reason for hope!

With that CV do you fancy a position as Head Coach?
  • Options

Reason for hope!

Never managed a Belgian Club though
  • Options

I'm guessing lookman has had his stats seriously inflated and sarr's has been torpedoed?

Correct

Scoham said:

16.3 update is out including the data update

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/453727

Roland and Katrien are now of course on the clubs disliked staff list...

Does this mean there is an increased likelihood they'd sell the club?
    I'm not sure how, if at all, the game uses dislikes for board members at the moment. It's the owners board confidence rating that sets how likely they are to sell, and that's still high.

Given his age I think he usually sells within a few seasons though.
  • Options

I just had a quick look at the game. Lookman certainly looks a lot better and with a renewed contract than he did in the last update.
  • Options
    Anyone playing FM Touch? Just downloaded it on my iPad and looking for some good signings to start me off. Bearing in mind the more limited database.
  • Options

Reason for hope!

We should be so lucky... A manager with that much experience?!
  • Options
    Just finished my first season on FM touch. We finished 10th, which was some achievement after loosing all of my first six league games while I struggled with formations and tactics.

We eventually hit some form and at one stage went 8 league games without conceding, winning all of them with a one Nil defeat against Everton in the cup sandwiching that run. The Charlton faithful were not pleased with my team selection that day as I rested 3 players, the board commented on the fans displeasure throughout the remainder of the season.

Highlights of the season: beating Cardiff 5-0. Beating Qpr, the eventual league champions 3-2 away when we were 2-0 with 15mins to go. Watt and Vetokele netting 20 & 21 goals and Bergdich getting 12 assists.

Moments to forget: the start of the season, a 5-0 defeat to Bristol city who were bottom, bringing my best run of the season to an end.

Had 200k to spend on players, by Jan the budget had been reduced to zero.a figure that has not been increased as I commence pre season.. Roll on season 2..
  • Options

Anyone playing FM Touch? Just downloaded it on my iPad and looking for some good signings to start me off. Bearing in mind the more limited database.

Welcome to the world of scouting for Charlton
  • Options

Reason for hope!

Your not going to get the Charlton job for real with that sort of Squad... Where is the mixture of youth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm enjoying managing Ebbsfleet and filling it up with Charlton youth, div 2 beckons
  • Options

Reason for hope!

That's why you're second best. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Top of the league in my second season in charge, 8 points clear (I was 11 points clear) of second, and 15 points clear of 3rd. 7 games left to go. Still sod all transfer budget from Roland, relying heavily on loans. Bauer forced a move away, managed to sign Russell Martin and Matt Mills with his transfer fee (as Sarr was at the African Cup of Nations so very short on CBs!). Hopefully I'll get some money if I get promoted.