Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough v Charlton | Sat 31 Oct | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Shades of last years capitulation again Watford.

A 5-0 hammering for Rolys traveling circus.
  • For a moment let's just forget that we hate our Belgium owner and say what we would consider a decent result. With Carol and Jase we will have no idea who will be in the team or the tactics so it is difficult. If Guy was still here I'd say a draw would be a good result but now I would not be unhappy if we scored a goal and they scored a couple, but anything worse or if we didn't score would not be good
  • time to switch to 4-2-3-1

Hendo
    Solly Bauer diarra fox
    Cousins Jackson
    JBG watt moussa
    Mak

Play for 0-0 and come away with 1-1
  • I would take a battling performance and a narrow defeat. Any repeat of the last two games and we are looking at anywhere between 4 to 7 nil.

I am hoping for the former, perhaps with a bit of cup fatigue we may even nick something. There you go have talked my self in to predicting.

0-1 Charlton win

Think that's every base covered
  • 2-0 Charlton. An amazing turnaround!!

Smiles all round at the end.
  • time to switch to 4-2-3-1

Hendo
    Solly Bauer diarra fox
    Cousins Jackson
    JBG watt moussa
    Mak

Play for 0-0 and come away with 1-1

I think this is the way to go and mentioned it on another thread.

Cousins and Jackson sit deep allowing the full backs to go forward and support the front 4, thus keeping possession better in the final third (in theory)
  • We are due a win, but not tomorrow. Boro 3-0.
  • I remember when away at Boro meant a turgid 0-0 borefest. How I'd take that now. Most eagerly anticipated part of the day is the press conference.
  • 5-0 Boro.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-0 down at half time. 6-0 down at full time.
  • We are due a win, but not tomorrow. Boro 3-0.

I can see us keeping a clean sheet tomorrow.

However... on Saturday I can't see past at least a 4-0 defeat
  • Middlesborough 5-0 Charlton Athletic

Boro to score very early
  • I'm going for Boro 1 Charlton 2. They are riding high, won at Old Trafford, full of confidence and we are sinking like a stone, have not won for what seems like two years and very low on confidence so it's written in the stars that we will win.

As for the team, tactics etc then I havn't a clue but I'm confident Karel has and will set us up accordingly as hard to break down but with attacking intent on the break.

I expect to see something like -

Hendo
    Solly Bauer Saar Fox
    Diarra
    JBG Jacko Cousins Moussa
    Big Mak

allowing Watt or KAG to come off the bench late on and get the winner.

Diarra in front of the Centre Backs, great idea!
  • Optimistic 1-1, although I won't be risking a pound.
  • edited October 2015
    Middlesbrough… A club from the North East formed in 1876, long before their rivals; Newcastle and Sunder In 1899 with the backing of Newcastle and Sunderland (Who both now exist), Middlesbrough joined the Football League, and amongst the ’92 they have remained ever since.
    Hmm...tell me more
  • I believe our record win was 8-1 against Boro on 12th September 1953? Some 60 odd years later they will never get a better chance of revenge!
  • If they score first it will be 5-0 to them. If we score first it will be 1-0 to us.
  • If they score first it will be 5-0 to them. If we score first it will be 1-0 to us.

So, for us to win, it will be 0-0 after 40 minutes
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

I'm going for Boro 1 Charlton 2. They are riding high, won at Old Trafford, full of confidence and we are sinking like a stone, have not won for what seems like two years and very low on confidence so it's written in the stars that we will win.

As for the team, tactics etc then I havn't a clue but I'm confident Karel has and will set us up accordingly as hard to break down but with attacking intent on the break.

Hendo
    Solly Bauer Saar Fox
    Diarra
    JBG Jacko Cousins Moussa
    Big Mak

Great minds eh ! I'd prefer Diarra at CB but the only player I'd trust to play the anchorman and not go missing is Kashi and he's injured unfortunately.

• Sponsored links:

• Some positivity: we were suppose to lose against QPR and Hull, and win against Rotherham, Preston and Brentford. let us keep this up, supposed to get a tonking against Boro, as their once manager said: "we should win against little clubs like Charlton".
  • 168 travelling fans deserve a result
    our performances have matched up to our away support in numbers (non league)

3-4 thrilling away victory

and i will be playing this loud and proud on my gramophone Saturday night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1RtlMpYOeE
  • MrLargo said:

Anyone going to this has got to be either completely mental or just utterly desperate to not spend time with their family. Either way, I salute your unstinting loyalty - you really are the Charlton supporting equivalent of the first soldiers to rise out of the trenches and charge at the enemy! If any of you happen to be carrying a bayonet, and bump into Katrien on the train, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you where to insert it.

Boro will have a bit of fatigue from their exploits last night, and our boys will be keen to impress this week's head coach, so I'm betting on a routine 2-0 defeat, although I certainly wouldn't rule out a scoreline on a par with Arbroath 36 -0 Bon Accord.

Couple of bits of advice for anyone who hasn't been to Middlesbrough before - take your own oxygen, don't talk to any of the local people and under no circumstances touch any of the local people. It's a little known fact that the film 28 Days Later was actually released as a promotional video by the North Yorkshire Tourist Board.

No bayonet, MrLargo...

But I'm searching for my tin drawers as we speak.

• 168 travelling fans deserve a result
    our performances have matched up to our away support in numbers (non league)

3-4 thrilling away victory

and i will be playing this loud and proud on my gramophone Saturday night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1RtlMpYOeE

You got a spare train ticket to make it 169?
  • edited October 2015

Tutt-Tutt said:

I'm going for Boro 1 Charlton 2. They are riding high, won at Old Trafford, full of confidence and we are sinking like a stone, have not won for what seems like two years and very low on confidence so it's written in the stars that we will win.

Hendo
    Solly Bauer Saar Fox
    Diarra
    JBG Jacko Cousins Moussa
    Big Mak

Great minds eh ! I'd prefer Diarra at CB but the only player I'd trust to play the anchorman and not go missing is Kashi and he's injured unfortunately.

I disagree with Moussa. I watched him on Saturday shuffle around in the wrong position, offering no protection to Fox, who was constantly overloaded 2v1 as the Brentford right back ran past him. that's on top of the glaring miss.
  • In a way this is a bonus game for Fraeye, nobody expects anything out of the game. Even with Curbs in charge, I'd still expect us to lose.

The big one for me is MKD on Tuesday
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Hendo
    Solly Bauer Saar Fox
    Diarra
    JBG Jacko Cousins Moussa
    Big Mak

I disagree with Moussa. I watched him on Saturday shuffle around in the wrong position, offering no protection to Fox, who was constantly overloaded 2v1 as the Brentford right back ran past him. that's on top of the glaring miss.
    I don't disagree but I don't rate Bergdich and I'm not sure the current situation is conducive to throwing in THD. Suppose could switch Cousins there and bring Ba into midfield.
  • No chance of any fairy tail shit. 4 - 0
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Hendo
    Solly Bauer Saar Fox
    Diarra
    JBG Jacko Cousins Moussa
    Big Mak

I don't disagree but I don't rate Bergdich and I'm not sure the current situation is conducive to throwing in THD. Suppose could switch Cousins there and bring Ba into midfield.
    Mentioned above what I think of Moussa. THD is not yet ready to play wide midfield. Bergditch if you want stronger defence. Everton youngster if you want more attacking.