Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - I'd be crazy to turn down permanent job if offered

2»

Comments

• He'd be crazy to turn down the chance to manage us. He will probably never get this close to managing at this level again. And I don't see anyone in the championship trying to poach him.

I don't even see anyone in the Kent league trying to poach him
  • He'd be crazy to turn down the chance to manage us. He will probably never get this close to managing at this level again. And I don't see anyone in the championship trying to poach him.

I don't even see anyone in the Kent league trying to poach him
    Never a truer word said in jest.

The grim reality is that the level Shakin Stevens has come from is around the standard of Greenwich Borough.
  • OI.FRAEYE.JUST.FUCK.OFF.
  • Bauer looks like he wants to smack him around the back of the head.

Yep, I thought that. "I'm gonna twat that Rowan Atkinson."
  • seth plum said:

He looks like getting the job no matter what the results.
    That may be why he is smiling so much.

Looks like he's just won the lottery.
  • Perhaps he's a builder on the side - managing Hamme was surely only a training session every Tuesday night - is he smiling at the prospect of also getting the contract to build the new flats?
  • You can't fault what he's done so far though - apparently he's sat down with all the players individually and asked them if they are good enough and they have all said yes (and it seems none have dug any team mates out) so his managerial and scouting credentials are now not in doubt - we have the ultimate football meister - I'd be worried if I was in charge of any of our academy teams now given his experience on that front as well. He's a network owners dream - the ultimate one stop shop for all your football consultancy requirements. I'm sure he'll be even better when we are in the conference as well - perfect.
  • I'd be mad not to take it if I was offered the job! I'd be worse than shit at it but if someone offered me the chance I'd take it!
  • Why would Duchatelet want Fraeye? The only reasons would be everyone else turns it down and KF is cheap. Assuming not and RD keeps to the tactic of picking someone with experience in Belgian football there are 7 former managers with a better record than him and currently not employed: Ariel Jacobs, Christoph Daum, Ronny van Geneughden, Mario Been, Alex McLeish, Trond Sollied and Dominique D'Onofrio. Riga, Peeters and Luzon had all managed at a significant level prior to arriving at Charlton and Fraeye hasn't.

If appointed Fraeye will either be a Les Reed (90% likely) or a Lennie Lawrence (90% unlikely).

• Sponsored links:

• Why would Duchatelet want Fraeye? The only reasons would be everyone else turns it down and KF is cheap. Assuming not and RD keeps to the tactic of picking someone with experience in Belgian football there are 7 former managers with a better record than him and currently not employed: Ariel Jacobs, Christoph Daum, Ronny van Geneughden, Mario Been, Alex McLeish, Trond Sollied and Dominique D'Onofrio. Riga, Peeters and Luzon had all managed at a significant level prior to arriving at Charlton and Fraeye hasn't.

If appointed Fraeye will either be a Les Reed (90% likely) or a Lennie Lawrence (90% unlikely).

His Wiki profile shows that in reality, he spent 13 years as a youth coach, and that his only coaching at senior level has been with very minor clubs. His experience as you say is well down on that of Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

Indeed his CV is so poor, that it's hardly surprising that Katrien has said nothing, there's no way of spinning his credentials
  • On there it says he's a; Hoofdcoach... I'm sure there are many a fan on here who'd love to do that