Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karel Fraeye post-match interview

13»

Comments

• Options
    mogodon said:

Then FFS why doesn't he have the balls to tell his boss !!

To be fair, you can hardly expect an intern on minimum wage to start telling a successful and hugely respected businessman how to run things
    Yes, if I was on probation, I'd hardly tell my boss the truth!
  • Options
    Especially, if true, he persuaded RD to purchase(?) many of these players
  • Options
    A good coach maybe. Awful manager though.
    sm said:

BertieB said:

More Belgian waffle. As another poster commented he is doing a great Les Reed impression. We're getting tonked every week, barely mustering a shot on target but we must cling to the positives and try and do better next time.

Bore off. So out of his depth its not even funny.

Unfair to Les Reed - Les Reed was a good coach.
  • Options
    I have just watched the film of Karel post match on CAFC player.
    I tend to watch all of this stuff, pre match as well, and have done for years, so I am used to the format and so on.

I cannot say when I was ever more appalled by a post match interview.

Karel Freye saw the match differently to everybody else. I think it was desperation to believe what he was saying to himself more than the words of somebody delusional. He wants his take on the game to be right, and maybe if he repeats things enough to himself he will think his take is true. He referenced the 'stats' in regard to player fitness, well he ought to look at the stats from the game he watched with his own two eyes then if he loves stats so much. Who on earth is he trying to kid?

The information he let out regarding injuries was equally dismaying, and it was linked to playing Lookman, described as a 'fresh' player. The injury landslide we are continually having is not to be sorted by exploiting the undoubted promise of Lookman as the saviour.
    There was another taste of desperation when clutching at some kind of reasoning. He said Euell knows Lookman 'very very well'. That's OK then, chuck him in because of recent decent form HUH? This is not the structured development of a good SEVENTEEN year old player for his and ULTIMATELY our benefit, it was a knee jerk reaction bordering on cynical, and I believe with absolutely no regard for the player. Shame on them for exposing him, even if he played OK in the context.

Facing Sheffield Wednesday Karel was reduced to the resigned shrug mode, there was almost the hands spread wide shoulder shrug what can I do you're breaking my balls body language. Karel looks careworn and tired himself, such a contrast from his interview (which gave some posters hope) six days ago. Is it only six days?

The final straw grasped at was the international break. Guy Luzon went on about the last one a lot too as if it would contain some magical alchemy to make it all OK, it didn't, and the next one won't.

I may be in what Chekhov would call a 'state of mind' right now, but watch it for yourself and tell me I am wrong.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    In this Samuel Becket CAFC world of the Absurd, Seth.

I guess he's waiting for Godot/Goals.

Just like Valdamir and Estragon ?

Don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    Samuel Beckett said it:

I can't go on. I'll go on.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    cfgs said:

If we plough ahead with the academy and training ground upgrades, RD will want more money for the club if he ever sells up. The problem is he is destroying the price any sane person would offer for the club, especially if we go down again.

If we don't have a decent manager in place in the next few days it confirms the belief that it has to be done his way and screw the consequences.

And I've only just twigged that 'his way' has nothing at all to do with winning football matches -- it's all but irrelevant to him. I believe he actually hinted at this when he first took over, but I was too stupid to listen.

His way is to develop footballing 'stock' (young players) and sell them on for a profit asap. Under RD we're never going to have a team we can identify with.

After 47 years, I'm out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

I have just watched the film of Karel post match on CAFC player.
    I tend to watch all of this stuff, pre match as well, and have done for years, so I am used to the format and so on.

I cannot say when I was ever more appalled by a post match interview.

Karel Freye saw the match differently to everybody else. I think it was desperation to believe what he was saying to himself more than the words of somebody delusional. He wants his take on the game to be right, and maybe if he repeats things enough to himself he will think his take is true. He referenced the 'stats' in regard to player fitness, well he ought to look at the stats from the game he watched with his own two eyes then if he loves stats so much. Who on earth is he trying to kid?

The information he let out regarding injuries was equally dismaying, and it was linked to playing Lookman, described as a 'fresh' player. The injury landslide we are continually having is not to be sorted by exploiting the undoubted promise of Lookman as the saviour.
    There was another taste of desperation when clutching at some kind of reasoning. He said Euell knows Lookman 'very very well'. That's OK then, chuck him in because of recent decent form HUH? This is not the structured development of a good SEVENTEEN year old player for his and ULTIMATELY our benefit, it was a knee jerk reaction bordering on cynical, and I believe with absolutely no regard for the player. Shame on them for exposing him, even if he played OK in the context.

Facing Sheffield Wednesday Karel was reduced to the resigned shrug mode, there was almost the hands spread wide shoulder shrug what can I do you're breaking my balls body language. Karel looks careworn and tired himself, such a contrast from his interview (which gave some posters hope) six days ago. Is it only six days?

The final straw grasped at was the international break. Guy Luzon went on about the last one a lot too as if it would contain some magical alchemy to make it all OK, it didn't, and the next one won't.

I may be in what Chekhov would call a 'state of mind' right now, but watch it for yourself and tell me I am wrong.

He's out of his depth. He knows it now, the players know it and we all know it. He's had two games and doesn't have a scooby how he will turn it around. Some of the players he has previously recommended are not good enough and won't be able to help him. He can't explain to the press why his team is so poor and why he hasn't started turning it around.
    All he can come up with is a load of nonsense and flimsy excuses.

This. He's so far out of his depth its like finding a penguin in the Sahara desert.
  • Options
    I wonder how Jason Euell feels as he will forever be associate with this plonker!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Via pub, on way home after watching us beat Cray in the KSC.

Fraeye, Euell AND physio at game.

Managed to bite my lip when doing a double take when seeing Fraeye was there.
  • Options
    Deadly83 said:

I wonder how Jason Euell feels as he will forever be associate with this plonker!!!!!!!

The only thread of hope we can have is that Euell is there preparing to step up when Miere realises what we have known since the moment he was appointed - Fraeye is simply not good enough