Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace to get major US investment

Comments

• Options
    This is only happening because the Yank was told he was investing in Buckingham Palace not some out of date TV ariel on South East London
  • Options
    It's huge wishful thinking on my part, but I didn't like the cut of his jib and they are welcome to him. Parish has done a great job for them, and got them where they are now.

I'd much rather our own Steve Parish emerges than that a Josh Harris buys us.
  • Options
    Painful. Just fuckin painful...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Rob said:

That's where being run properly gets you.

That's where swindling the local community and getting away with going into administration gets you more like
    There's more than one way to skin a cat though and they're doing well from it. I sense some sour grapes on this thread.
  • Options

I've not been since they spanked us

Massive envy on my part and not ashamed to admit it

Decent owner
    Decent crowds
    Decent atmosphere
    Decent away support
    Decent team

Please don't flag me that hurt to write that

Hate them

Everything we were in the Premier League years...so is it really a Palace thing or just a Premier League thing?

While we're poles apart right now, lets say we somehow fluked it up to the Premier League this season or next season, are we still looking on with envy at them?
  • Options
    Apart from the away support Martin :)
  • Options

I still wouldn't say there away support is any better than ours. In the Premier League years we always had a good following and when Palace were in the Championship it was no better than ours really.

Football comes around in cycles, the wheel of fortune is currently pointing in the direction of Palace but much like the way it pointed our way for so long, it won't last forever. Some of there players will outgrow Palace and one day they will have a very difficult task of replacing good players. Lets just hope when that day comes Pardew is still in charge to blow all the money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Who seriously gives a fuck about The Croydon massive? I don't.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Let's worry about what we do and not this bunch of South London wannabee's. They are what they are and we are Charlton. Fuck 'em.
  • Options

I still wouldn't say there away support is any better than ours. In the Premier League years we always had a good following and when Palace were in the Championship it was no better than ours really.
    Our first season down from the Prem when we had the new ground affect and just under 20k of home fans as our average that season we had a smaller away following than palace who averaged just under 14k of home fans that season

we'll finish above palace before our away numbers are better than them and we're not gonna finish above them for a long long time 2006/7 our relegation season from the Prem was the last time we finished above them
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    having a 'rich' owner only makes a big difference if they are seriously rich and can pour money at the team a la Chelsea and Man City...if they are just an 'investor' with only a share in the club then I suspect they are in it for what they can get out of it, and that may not be the football...I could be reading this completely wrongly and all the new owners will collectively pour cash into the club each season and palace will become a huge club in a big stadium and win the PL every other year....
  • Options
    And why would anybody develop selhurst park...it's not placed in an access friendly area...a big crowd there would cause chaos...
  • Options

having a 'rich' owner only makes a big difference if they are seriously rich and can pour money at the team a la Chelsea and Man City...if they are just an 'investor' with only a share in the club then I suspect they are in it for what they can get out of it, and that may not be the football...I could be reading this completely wrongly and all the new owners will collectively pour cash into the club each season and palace will become a huge club in a big stadium and win the PL every other year....

Could you please edit the last bit out... I was going to 'Lol' it before realising what you said is actually not 100% impossible.... :(
  • Options
    It'll all unravel. Just have patience.
  • Options

And why would anybody develop selhurst park...it's not placed in an access friendly area...a big crowd there would cause chaos...

They have three train stations within 1/2 mile, with trains to London or Surrey.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

They have three train stations within 1/2 mile, with trains to London or Surrey.
    Getting on one of those trains after the match has been the problem...and a lot of fans travel by coach and car...the roads around selhurst would have been inadequate in the days when the White Horse was around, let alone today...
  • Options

iaitch said:

Getting on one of those trains after the match has been the problem...and a lot of fans travel by coach and car...the roads around selhurst would have been inadequate in the days when the White Horse was around, let alone today...
    Oh yes, getting on the trains at Charlton is so easy and all the road around the valley have easy parking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We enjoyed out Premiership years at the wrong time :(
  • Options

they are so far ahead of us it's a joke

at least it's not millwall

It's just as bad in my opinion
  • Options

they are so far ahead of us it's a joke

In these dark times, we have to be grateful for small mercies.
  • Options

Jealous ................YEAH YOU BET. Palace are very lucky to have Steve Parish, a "proper Palace fan" and when I have heard and watched him, he always comes over really well and seems like a nice fella. If only????.................it was us! :neutral:

He is, I worked for him for a number of years. Very honest and very smart (apart from the obvious, of course)

• Options
    Worked out well for Fulham with an American owner, nearly made League one last season.
    I always thought the price he paid for Fulham was cheap, (if he owns the ground), and he wouldn't be too concerned if his club disappeared off the planet.
    Beach front property in London, god knows what that is worth.
  • Options
    Anyone noticed there's a blank post under every newest post in this thread? Spooky.
  • Options
    Palace are like any other club outside of the top group of English teams, like Charlton in the 00s, they're having their time to shine but like every other club, they'll make a stupid decision sooner or later and they'll suffer from it.

Steve Parish is simply the Richard Murray from the 90s
  • Options

Anyone noticed there's a blank post under every newest post in this thread? Spooky.

yup, weird
  • Options
    edited November 2015

• Options
    C'mon Katrien... Dont be shy now, you can say hello...