Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace to get major US investment

124»

Comments

• Options
    Granpa said:

Sorry, but when we are in such deep shit, who the hell cares about what is happening to Palace, Millwall or anyone else ?

I do because it'll make me feel a lot better if they're in deeper shit rather than shit that turns out to be gold and smells of roses
    Palace fans can rightfully rip the shit out of us for what a pathetic club we have become , I know I took the piss out of them when we were flying and they were wank
    They are our local rivals and I know more people that support them than Leeds or any other head case football teams
  • Options
    Makes sense ! Harris will probably try and bring NFL to London and build a stadium to share with palace
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Bloody freakin American's.......... ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @Airman Brown

You asked above if I think Josh Harris is 'serious'. The implication behind your question is that he might have beena good buyer of Charlton, and therefore that the spivs are to blame for not doing a deal with him.

Based on what we currently read about Harris and what he has done, it's obvious that he is serious, in the sense that he has apparently invested money to take a stake in Palace. However I think all he was ever interested in doing was taking a stake in a footie club rather as he might also take a stake in a digital start -up. He sees a route to profit. It;s what he does. I think that whoever was advising him first told him to go for a well located Champ club because of the huge difference in revenue if they get to the FAPL. But once he'd taken a look both at us and apprently tow other Champ clubs he realised that its a sodding big IF, and focused on taking a chunk of a club where the revenues are already in place. And @ct_addick above who has suggested he might want to re-house Palace in a new stadium with an NFL franchise, could be right on the money.

We will also see how and what he actually does at Palace. I hope for the worst, of course and this could be wishful thinking, but a minority stake is a recipe for conflict. Arsenal fans constantly complain that this is what holds them back. Unfortunately Parish has already done such a fantastic job that any damage to Palace is likely to be relative. The best we can hope is that the delayed Pardew-effect kicks in and the boardroom falls out over what to do with him. No sign of that yet, though, inexplicably.

So I'm still saying that I don't believe Harris was ever likely to have ended up buying us, and that not because of what the spivs did or didn't do.
  • Options
    Absolutely sickening.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Makes sense ! Harris will probably try and bring NFL to London and build a stadium to share with palace

How many NFL clubs are coming to London?

Spurs new stadium is designed to have an NFL pitch.