Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v France

13»

Comments

• Options
    @sam3110 I said exactly the same at the last friendly mate.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

To justify my earlier comment I was looking at the kind of players who play in these matches and why they get picked. I am adamant that Alli wouldn't be playing tonight if he was a Norwich midfielder, just like Lingaard getting a call up, its all about who you play for. But anyway he wasn't anything special to start off with but then goes and shuts me up royally with that goal! Typical

totally agree about the selecting of him. only played a handful of games for spurs and he gets picked for both these two internationals. there must be players who deserve to be picked before him? even Jonjo.

the goal was good but his performance up to then was average at best. then again no one in particular is having a great game.

• Options

Didn't really hear the chant so not sure if that part is true. But there was definitely whistling and booing.

Shameful.

You didn't hear the chant?? I couldn't understand it obviously but there def was a chant.
    Wasn't sure it was 'Allahu Akbar'. Didn't really sound like it.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Great goal.

Keeper probably should have done better.
  • Options
    Roooooney
  • Options
    pity the expensive seat "fans" seem to have got lost
  • Options
    Really liking the look of Alli, doesn't shirk a tackle that's for sure.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

To justify my earlier comment I was looking at the kind of players who play in these matches and why they get picked. I am adamant that Alli wouldn't be playing tonight if he was a Norwich midfielder, just like Lingaard getting a call up, its all about who you play for. But anyway he wasn't anything special to start off with but then goes and shuts me up royally with that goal! Typical

totally agree about the selecting of him. only played a handful of games for spurs and he gets picked for both these two internationals. there must be players who deserve to be picked before him? even Jonjo.

the goal was good but his performance up to then was average at best. then again no one in particular is having a great game.

Thing is, we don't really have a crop of world class central midfielders. On current form suggesting Jonjo would get in ahead of Alli is ludicrous. I don't really take much notice of Spurs but Alli and Dier have been integral in them being undefeated since the first game of the season. You could also make the argument that at Norwich, his abilities would be subdued somewhat due to lack of ability around him.

IMO, this is the primary reason England just aren't that good; each team has a different way of playing and just do not have that chemistry when they pull on the England shirt. German, Spanish, Brazilian etc. all have one way of playing and each player plays the same way for club and country. Just my two cents of course.
  • Options
    So turns out the ambulance filled with explosives, and bomb in stadium were false.

Why would someone make up this sort of stuff?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So turns out the ambulance filled with explosives, and bomb in stadium were false.

Wouldnt surprise me if a member if ISIS phoned it into the authorities. Creates fear that it may happen, and with social media as it is, the story snowballs until everyone thinks its true - creating fear. May not be the case, but wouldn't put ut past them.
  • Options

The social media world we live in AFKA. When it was first put up I did wonder if it was true as so many rumours have been going around. Flicked between BBC and Sky news and there was no mention.
  • Options

If its someone from ISIS who has stirred the rumours they've just increased the fear factor for 0p and with zero effort... Exactly why the England game should have gone ahead.

If it is someone who has done it as a hoax then they are one sick bastard
    Think there's more than one mate.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

The social media world we live in AFKA. When it was first put up I did wonder if it was true as so many rumours have been going around. Flicked between BBC and Sky news and there was no mention.
    I saw one of the tweets was from Piers Morgan.
    Enough said.
  • Options

Wouldnt surprise me if a member if ISIS phoned it into the authorities. Creates fear that it may happen, and with social media as it is, the story snowballs until everyone thinks its true - creating fear. May not be the case, but wouldn't put ut past them.
    Loads of false alarms after 9/11. Can't blame the German police when you've got Merkel due to attend. But proud that we have gone ahead with this game tonight.
  • Options
    Impressed by Stones .
    (lets hope thats not a Sam3110 moment!)
  • Options
    Butland is good enough to be pushing Harte for a start but we all know he will never lose his place.
  • Options
    One thing that always makes me cringe is the after-match 'interview' with Rooney - i have never known such an uncomfortable captain in front of the cameras - i do not know why they put us through it - i have to change the channel . Why do they have a need to put us (and him) through this ordeal?
  • Options
    Security info apparently came from France security services
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One thing that always makes me cringe is the after-match 'interview' with Rooney - i have never known such an uncomfortable captain in front of the cameras - i do not know why they put us through it - i have to change the channel . Why do they have a need to put us (and him) through this ordeal?

I thought he did ok, hardly the normal sort of situation a footballer usually has to talk about.

Yes, clearly France weren't really with it, but England played well, they looked like an international team
  • Options

Impressed by Stones .
    (lets hope thats not a Sam3110 moment!)

Yup, big fan of Fred and Barney myself.

Or did you mean Mick and his mates?
  • Options
    In terms of the game thought the two full backs looked good. Both overlapped nicely with pace. All of a sudden with Stones, Smalling and Cahill we have 3 decent centre backs as well when everyone said we were weak. Would like to see:

Hart
    Clyne
    Bertrand / Gibbs
    Smalling
    Cahill / Stones
    Wilshire
    Henderson
    Barkley
    Sterling
    Rooney
    Kane
  • Options
    We were missing a lot of players tonight in midfield and up front, it will be a tough call for Roy as to who makes our Euro squad!

Henderson, Wilshire, Walcott, Ox-Chamberlain, Sturridge, Delph, Vardy, Carrick plus outsiders like Ings who've probably lost their chance through injury. A lot will depend on who's playing well and is fit next May
  • Options
    There will still be people happily going there on holiday supporting their economy though...
  • Options
    edited November 2015