Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonah Lomu - RIP

Died aged 40. Incredible sportsman.

Comments

• Options
    That's a shock... RIP
  • Options
    Had no idea he was still so young. I remember during the 1995 World Cup he was the player I was excited about as a kid.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Shit. RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Will never forget the WC semi when he destroyed England almost single handedly.
  • Options
    I'm shocked. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Terrible news. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.

I knew he has been ill in the recent past, however it's still a shock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rip one of the greatest to wear the all blacks jersey.
  • Options
    Such a shock, despite his long illness. Awesome rugby player, from such a young age, running through teams. Brilliant to watch whenever he got the ball.

Rest in Peace Jonah
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Such a shock, despite his long illness. Awesome rugby player, from such a young age, running through teams. Brilliant to watch whenever he got the ball.

Rest in Peace Jonah

TelMc32 said:

Rest in Peace Jonah

Echo's my sentiments RIP.
  • Options
    It's so sad when anyone is taken at such a young age. When I was playing rugby, wingers were 10 stone dripping wet and fleet of foot. Then there was Jonah. 6ft 5, weighing in at 18 stone. No wonder Tony Underwood got steamrollered when he went to make that tackle in the 1995 World Cup. #RIPJonah
  • Options
    So sad. The first of his kind and everyone remembers him for being that frightening athlete, no less so than for the opposition player that had to tackle him. Make that players.

RIP Jonah
  • Options
    Proper all time great in his sport, totally unplayable at his best, even though he was suffering from a life ending disease. RIP
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    New Zealand in mourning today. RIP to a great athlete and man.
  • Options
    Very sad. Both he and Fulop in the space of a week at ridiculously young ages. RIP
  • Options
    A proper icon of the game. Incredibly sad.
  • Options
    That's sad. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember as a kid was gobsmacked the way he used to literally run through or over players absolute beast, RIP
  • Options
    He had a transplant which eventually failed about 4 years ago. So sad but maybe he is in a better place now. RIP Jonah
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2015
    Loved his computer game, first time ever got into rugby when that came out.

Probably the first true superstar of rugby - first I can remember anyway.

Glad he got to see the All Blacks win in London before he unexpectedly passed away. Far too young.

RIP
  • Options
    Knew he had been ill but at 40, desperately sad.
    Always came across as humble and a gent. A real gentle giant.

RIP.
  • Options
    Very tragic rest in peace big man

As mentioned above, he changed the game. When I played wingers were tiny little whippets that could be smashed by obnoxious flankers like myself given half a chance. Now they are beasts
  • Options
    Very sad - boys of 5 and 6 left without their Dad.

RIP.
  • Options
    This Is a real shock. I was at an event only Las month and he was there with other ex rugby players from days gone by. Held in high regard from all there

RIP big man
  • Options
    Iconic sportsman - an absolute superstar. NZ will be in mourning today.
    RIP
  • Options
    Monster. RIP.