Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

France Security

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

I'm visiting my sister in Northern Ireland for Xmas. She has a mirror on a stick she uses every time she uses her car to check for devices strapped underneath.
    Frankly I'd rather be in France.

Very strange comment. Is your sister some sort of political figure or in the police force that makes her some sort of target?

I understand this sort of thing went on back in the troubles but checking under your car for a bomb is unheard of in this day and age for most ordinary people living in Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    general charlton?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

cafcfan said:

I'm visiting my sister in Northern Ireland for Xmas. She has a mirror on a stick she uses every time she uses her car to check for devices strapped underneath.

Very strange comment. Is your sister some sort of political figure or in the police force that makes her some sort of target?

I understand this sort of thing went on back in the troubles but checking under your car for a bomb is unheard of in this day and age for most ordinary people living in Northern Ireland.
    PSNI.
    The stick spends most of its life in the downstairs loo. It is useful too for making sure there's no toilet paper left stuck to your bum.
    I was much amused the other week when she told me she'd had her letter box stolen. Who, for God's sake, nicks a letter box?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

PSNI.
    The stick spends most of its life in the downstairs loo. It is useful too for making sure there's no toilet paper left stuck to your bum.
    I need one to check me helm is in goid shape and not chuffing on the pavement
  • Options

I'd go today if I had a trip planned but that would be unlikely as I don't like Paris much. All we can do is carry on as normal, if not they have won.

What is there not to like. IMO Paris is one of the greatest cities in the world. You could visit it every weekend for a year and still have plenty left to see and do.
  • Options
    timken said:

general charlton?

Chief of military police?
  • Options
    No I choose to spend my money in the UK british jobs and all that. My wife and daughter are going to Bluewater on Tuesday and I am a little concerned but what can you do
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I went out last Saturday for a night out in London. It seemed that myself and thousands of other Londoners got on with life. This includes Joseph Valentio who I bumped into at Leicester Square (I asked him who won The Apprentice so I could put money on the result but he wouldn't tell me).

So forget the muslim nutjobs, just enjoy a few beers at the Christmas market.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    On a similar theme I'm running a day trip to Bruges in Dec for our sports and social club at work. In light of recent events people are beginning to panic and try to pull out. I sent a email out to all 106 going yesterday along the lines of it's still going ahead unless we get govt advice to the contrary, no reason to panic etc etc.

Then this morning I see this, which although I appreciate is Brussels, is still not going to exactly reassure people.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=31&ved=0ahUKEwjy8sHQl6HJAhVE7BQKHWkPDrIQqQIIbDAe&url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34889144&usg=AFQjCNE_O7j19p1-RDhGPOCzNZT8cjPnYw
  • Options
    timken said:

general charlton?

I hope that it will never be a Charlton issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belgium man of morrocan dissent who sought out and identified Paris targets arrested in luxury hotel in Antalya,Turkey.

• Options
    BelgiAN
  • Options

BelgiAN

Whatever. It's a f******* non-country anyway!

)
  • Options
    Easy Charlie!
  • Options
    'moroccan dissent'? Are you saying he disagreed with Morocco?? :-)
  • Options

On a similar theme I'm running a day trip to Bruges in Dec for our sports and social club at work. In light of recent events people are beginning to panic and try to pull out. I sent a email out to all 106 going yesterday along the lines of it's still going ahead unless we get govt advice to the contrary, no reason to panic etc etc.

Then this morning I see this, which although I appreciate is Brussels, is still not going to exactly reassure people.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=31&ved=0ahUKEwjy8sHQl6HJAhVE7BQKHWkPDrIQqQIIbDAe&url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34889144&usg=AFQjCNE_O7j19p1-RDhGPOCzNZT8cjPnYw

You shouldn't worry about Bruges or any other town near the coast. It's a small part of Antwerp, and a large part of Brussels that are concerned. Hardly any people of maghreb descent are living in Bruges, Ostend, Ypres. The main problem was the former mayor of Brussels (3 yrs ago) who converted to islam, married a maroccan woman and responded to every incident in Brussels as a racist matter. Now, even some of his own party members admit he did this to gain popularity amongst the many maroccan immigrants (so to stay in power). This is not the case in other Belgian towns. The (new) mayor of Antwerp is a hardliner with a totally other approach and zero tolerance on anything jihad or extremism related.
  • Options
    An hour south of Strasbourg is Colmar - very nice if you can get there.
  • Options

An hour south of Strasbourg is Colmar - very nice if you can get there.

Was going to travel on E40 to skirt Brussels then onto Metz and Strasbourg but decided Brussels was a bad idea.
    Changed my route to South of Brussels and currently overnight in Arlon in Belgium close to border with Luxembourg.
    Lots of security on the France Belgium border.
    Will try Colmar if we have time. Thanks President.