Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Birmingham Result

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Anyone who doesn't want Charlton to win a football match, regardless of players, manager, owner, opposition etc. can kindly piss off and support someone else.

Bit harsh if they don't support Charlton.

• Options
    I won't be at St Andews, we usually do go but not this time for completely non football reasons not due to the club's ineffective management. We shall be at Turf Moor even if we loose every match between now and then.

I only asked the question but the way this forum is going and some of the vitriol expressed by a few posters on some threads leave me wondering if I shall bother anymore.
  • Options
    My weekend will be ruined if we lose
  • Options
    edited November 2015

**Lose** (not loose)
    But, no, I don't want us to

I think that we kind of got what the original poster was getting at!! However, I am sure they are appreciative of the free tuition!!
  • Options
    Duchatelet and Meire may not be good for the future of the club but their presence could never bring me to want the club to loose or draw. The thing is that the Duchatelet strategy without change is doomed to failure and there will be lots of losses unfortunately to endure. Support the team on the pitch at all times for me and hope for victory
  • Options

PL54 said:

Will we have this question every game ?

THIS .. another crass question .. anyone who wants us to lose cannot be a true 'supporter', simple as that .. this is a rehash of a post that came up a few weeks ago .. I take it that @lancashire lad will not be at the game ... is that the case ? .. I'll be there and I expect a result .. BUT .. if we lose having put up a good fight against a team that's in the top 6, I will not be close to slitting my wrists or calling for the execution of any member of the CAFC board
    Oh please - don't make me get on my soap box about mental health again.
  • Options
    Absolutely a Charlton win. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    A win. Same as every week until time stops
  • Options
    I highly doubt the CEO will ever be sacked due to results, her targets will be completely different and she has Roland's ear. The person that will be sacked if we're performing badly is the manager.

And anyway the answer is "no", I hope Charlton Athletic win every game from now until forever, no caveats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How anyone could want us to win in the scenario that if a loss draw could send palace or the scum down /or stop them going up I'd never know (for the pedantic and it made no difference to our final league standing )
    There's nowt so queer as Charlton folk
  • Options

How anyone could want us to win in the scenario that if a loss draw could send palace or the scum down /or stop them going up I'd never know (for the pedantic and it made no difference to our final league standing )
    There's nowt so queer as Charlton folk

because I love Charlton more than I hate Palace/Millwall.
  • Options

I just don't understand this type of thinking, nor that of the many other anti-Belgian threads. Would there be the same sort of sentiment if the owners were British, using the same type of model? I doubt it.
    Assuming that Roland does what many want and sells up then where is the "messiah" to take it off his hands?
    We'd probably end up with owners like the previous clowns.
    Sometimes it's better the devil you know!

It would be the same mate. Whether Belgian, English, Japanese it doesn't matter and wouldn't add or take away any fuel to the fire. What you've said there is b*llocks.

I never want Charlton to lose that's ridiculous but I'd say I also find the owners and that woman quite overwhelmingly annoying where I don't want them to feel smug.

COYR. Give em a game
  • Options
    Poor results will eventually lead to new ownership but a win is always a good feeling. So if it has to be a defeat might as well be a big one.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Poor results will eventually lead to new ownership but a win is always a good feeling. So if it has to be a defeat might as well be a big one.

So how about those of us making the effort to support the team today? Should we be cheering on Birmingham to satisfy your perverse desires. You are a pathetic excuse for a Charlton supporter.
  • Options
    THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE FEELING AFTER AN AWAY WIN.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

So how about those of us making the effort to support the team today? Should we be cheering on Birmingham to satisfy your perverse desires. You are a pathetic excuse for a Charlton supporter.
    of course you can do what you want. enjoy your day.
  • Options
    I can think of only one scenario where I wouldn't want us to win and that is if the points going to another club would guarantee relegation for Millwall or Palace. Given that that scenario is impossible this season, I want us to win every game possible.
  • Options
    Win obviously. Otherwise how else are we going to close the gap to a playoff position
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

of course you can do what you want. enjoy your day.
    Thanks, but hope you're in tears at 5pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want us to win of course but if we have to lose I want it to be at least 35-0
  • Options

PL54 said:

Will we have this question every game ?

Do you have to question everything anyone says on this forum?
    Sorry, is that a question ?
  • Options
    Win, what fan wouldn't want us to win?
  • Options
    Strange how the mind works
    Why would anyone fan want us lose
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Do you want us to win on Saturday or would you rather we lost and heap more pressure on KM or would a draw be a good result for the management?

I never want Charlton to loose but then I hate the way KM is running the club so I hope we scrape a luck undeserved draw.

Win every game every time. I don't like Charlton to loose either, I prefer when they're tight.

All I care about is the wellbeing of the club and that starts by winning games.
    All kinds of games. All the games.

Every single game I want us to win.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Do you want us to win on Saturday or would you rather we lost and heap more pressure on KM or would a draw be a good result for the management?

I never want Charlton to loose but then I hate the way KM is running the club so I hope we scrape a luck undeserved draw.

Win every game every time. I don't like Charlton to loose either, I prefer when they're tight.

All I care about is the wellbeing of the club and that starts by winning games.
    All kinds of games. All the games.

Every single game I want us to win.
    And we did :smiley:
  • Options

I hope we scrape a luck undeserved draw.

• Options

I want us to draw

• Options

A hammering to try and show Duchatelet and Meire the stupidity of Fraeye's appointment.

Ditto the Ipswich game to generate an 'atmosphere' for Sky.