Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bitter Ex-Employee (Michael Morrison)

Comments

• Options
    Greenie said:

Chizz said:

Who cares what an ex-player thinks? It would have been great if he'd stayed. But he'd have been out of contract soon anyway. What's more important is who's here now, and who's coming next.

Me I do.
    He used to play for Tottenham. Of was the Mido? (:
  • Options
    Was my favourite player at his time at the club , even with the likes of Kermo here also! I used to defend him when my cousin (also CAFC fan) would says he's rubbish, slow etc, so I still look out for him at Brum
  • Options
    An old fashioned defender who got the job done - not great on the ball but very reliable.

Decent interview - sounds very grounded. Wish him well.
  • Options
    Well I was sad to see the guy go, and thought he could have been a decent future captain for us. I am sure there was pressure to release players to reduce the wage bill, but he would not have been on my list to go. Okay it looks a rash decision to let him go....... probably because it was.
    Yes he was one of my favourite CAFC players, he was not the perfect player, but seemed to be a solid, decent player and I am sure did his best for club and team mates. I am glad that he has made a success at Birmingham, just do not play too well this week Morro.
  • Options
    I liked Morro, very committed reliable player, never gave Jordan Rhodes a sniff. Finding out that we gave him away on a free has fuelled my anger nicely for the next week's protest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Since the new regime, every player (with Gomez as the exception) that has signed permanently / been sold on has either been free or undisclosed.

The Gomez fee was undisclosed. Slater and Jimenez did the same, it's not something new with RD.
  • Options
    “I got a phonecall from my agent on the night the transfer window closed saying that the club had been on the phone and would I be interested in going to a club in Romania, Astra Giurgiu, who played Celtic in the Europa League.

F***ing hell.
  • Options

Jimmy Stone ‏@JimmyStone_ 2m2 minutes ago
    Jimmy Stone Retweeted Richard Cawley
    Morro came and asked me if I had heard anything about the Astra move. He felt the club were orchestrating it. Sad.

Jimmy Stone, Director of Football.
  • Options
    Ironic he's wearing Belgium colours in the picture. I'd always read that he had gone for nothing rather than an undisclosed fee. Shame he left, felt at time it was wrong decision and since definitely been proven.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    People are assuming that Charlton entered into a contract committing them to pay a player's wages for its duration but allowing the player to leave on a free transfer if he wasn't in the team. That seems a bit odd to me.

Surely it means that they told him he could sign on a free if the loan went well (which is also bonkers, but they were all about getting him off the wage bill).
  • Options

People are assuming that Charlton entered into a contract committing them to pay a player's wages for its duration but allowing the player to leave on a free transfer if he wasn't in the team. That seems a bit odd to me.

Surely it means that they told him he could sign on a free if the loan went well (which is also bonkers, but they were all about getting him off the wage bill).

He does say it was a verbal agreement. My guess is that he agreed to go to Brum with a verbal agreement that we'd let him go for free if City wanted him.

Since he wasn't rated and wasn't part of the brave new world being built in SE7 the people at the club might well have seen that as good business.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Good insightful piece. He doesn't come across as bitter at all; more just a little sad about how things unfolded.

Interesting that Rowett was prepared to take on an experienced player he knew little about and work with him / improve him to captain a team currently sitting in the play-off positions. To me that Brum team shows what can be achieved in this division with a moderate squad coached well into an effective unit by a bright young manager who knows his environment.

Stop it I'm getting all nostalgic !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We should never got rid of Morro but I'm sure the majority on here were not bothered about it at the time that he was let go!

Ha ha really ? You don't think people were concerned that we were left with just two fit Centre Backs good enough for the Championship ? Maybe it was just me then
    I saw Morro's departure as a very bad sign and wrote a long article to that effect at the time. Football teams need good club men who give what is ridiculously called 110%. When Morro went, we lost money but, more importantly, much more than an above average Championship centre half.
  • Options

Oh I don't know why would we need 3 fit Championship Centre Backs at the club? What a waste of money when we can bring in LePoint
  • Options

stonemuse said:

definitely a mistake letting him go

Not necessarily, it was a mistake not to replace him with someone better and ensure sufficient squad depth.
    Then it was a mistake to let him go ....
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited November 2015
    I might be making this up but I'm sure I heard he and BP squared up to each other during training. Should never of let him go. Another massive recruitment failure by our owners.
  • Options
    Nug said:

I might be making this up but I'm sure I heard he and BP squared up to each other during training. Should never of let him go. Another massive recruitment failure by our owners.

Don't know about squaring up, but heard Peeters was basically taking the piss out of morro & mocking his ability & thats what created bad blood between Peeters & the squad
  • Options

Nug said:

Don't know about squaring up, but heard Peeters was basically taking the piss out of morro & mocking his ability & thats what created bad blood between Peeters & the squad
    That's what i heard. Was slagging off MM in Dutch to his coaches forgetting that JBG speaks Dutch.