Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possible striker signings?

Comments

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Southend have a striker who is coming to the end of a loan period.

Last I heard regarding Piggy that it is basically a done deal for him to go permanently to Southend in January.
  • Options

Kemar Roofe off Oxford (midfielder but looks to have bags of ability)

I met Kemar's Nan in a curry house recently.
    Saag Aloo?
  • Options
    Shilow Tracey maybe
  • Options
    CAFC_88 said:

I do not think there will be another Striker coming in. I believe the powers that be are going to hope Vaz Te comes good, Igor recovers quickly and continue to blood the youngsters in the mean time. But for the sake of throwing a name out there. Peter Odemwingie is not getting much game time.

The man who trawled up at QPR to sign for a team who didn't want him?

Some people. Moan about signing Tony Watt. Moan about selling Tony Watt. Then want us to sign someone who is probably more disruptive than Tony Watt...
  • Options

CAFC_88 said:

I do not think there will be another Striker coming in. I believe the powers that be are going to hope Vaz Te comes good, Igor recovers quickly and continue to blood the youngsters in the mean time. But for the sake of throwing a name out there. Peter Odemwingie is not getting much game time.

The man who trawled up at QPR to sign for a team who didn't want him?

Some people. Moan about signing Tony Watt. Moan about selling Tony Watt. Then want us to sign someone who is probably more disruptive than Tony Watt...
    Hmm... that deal reeked of Harry's dodgy dealing gone wrong.
  • Options
    I liked the look of the Rotherham striker Jonson Clarke-Harris but dont think he'd be available
  • Options
    No striker signings will be sanctioned unless there's an epidemic of lengthy injuries leaving us with say, just KAG and Ade Lookman and even then only brief, cheap loans. More likely than new blood would be getting Jason Euell registered and the return of Polish Pete next season.
  • Options
    More likely a premiership loan I would say.
  • Options

I liked the look of the Rotherham striker Jonson Clarke-Harris but dont think he'd be available

Lets get a team where all the players have double barrelled names.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about Bamford at Palace, he's not getting any games there and knows the Championship.

Saying that he'll probably start tonight and get a hat trick.
  • Options
    If anyone comes in I will be amazed. Probably more likely that Jason Euell will come out of retirement. As soon as they seemingly start to plug the holes it turns out they are already working away at creating another.

Happy to be wrong on this one
  • Options

And we could reuse "The roof is on fire" chant
  • Options
    iaitch said:

What about Bamford at Palace, he's not getting any games there and knows the Championship.

Saying that he'll probably start tonight and get a hat trick.

There were stories that Chelsea were unhappy about the lack of game time he was getting there, and were considering recalling him, but I very much doubt he would then come to us!

Sunderland or Newcastle might be interested, but would Chelsea want to loan him to a relegation rival :smile:
  • Options
    Not often you can include Chelsea and relegation in one sentence.
  • Options

Have been saying the same to my boys for a while now. Scores a lot of goals, might be worth a punt?
  • Options
    Vaz Te is Watt's replacement. Won't be anymore strikers coming in.
  • Options

I hear he got slated in his last game.
    To be fair, he'd had a night on the tiles
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a 22 year old obscure 5th choice striker from a premier league club that we can play on the wing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We wont sign another striker by Wednesday.
  • Options

We wont sign another striker by Wednesday.

We played them before the international break.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

I'm hoping for a 22 year old obscure 5th choice striker from a premier league club that we can play on the wing

If you had said Belgian club you would have probably got your wish
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Defoe is not getting many games at Sunderland, maybe he'd like return to where his career started?

Ok maybe not

At least he did his duty tonight, scoring the winner as Sunderland beat Palace 1-0 :smiley:
  • Options
    Andy Delort
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Andy Delort

That is one bullet we definitely dodged.
  • Options
    Charlton, Brentford and Leeds United are apparently monitoring in form non-league hot shot Moses Emmanuel, report The Mail.

Emmanuel plays for National League side Bromley, and has scored an impressive 16 goals in 22 games already this season.
  • Options
    Mcaleny to resign, what a baller he was.
  • Options
    James Wilson not getting much of a run at United