Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lanzarote FC

Had a search, nothing came back, so apologies if this is repeated.

As usual, a question........

Anyone ever been to see Lanzarote FC ?
Been to a couple of games, loved it.
Trying to find out a bit of their history but their sites on twitter and generally are in Spanish ( funnily enough).

Comments

• was in Puerto calero a couple of weeks back, and we went to Puerto del Carmen for the day and there was a stall in the market selling lanzarote fc tops the guy selling them helps with the club originally from jersey lives out there now had a ring binder of all sorts of mementos from the years including tell us about when they played real Madrid Luis figo featured
  • Yeah I got my little boy a shirt in that market last week. Helpful English women served me, as others said he has a website http://www.mercancialanzarote.com/
  • MOG, you still in Lanzarote? How long you staying for?
  • The grass on the pitch looks a bit ropey mate!.
  • I've just booked a holiday to Lanzarote in September, never been there before or to any of the islands in the Cannery's. Whats it like, just looking for a relaxing, laid back holiday?
  • Is it possible we might sign one of the players? Is it in the Network?
  • I've just booked a holiday to Lanzarote in September, never been there before or to any of the islands in the Cannery's. Whats it like, just looking for a relaxing, laid back holiday?

Dunno about lanzerote but the Canary Islands are still very hot in September. Me and the missus went to Tenerife end of September and it was perfect weather + not too hot.

Cigars are dirt cheap as well, you can bring up to 50 home with you
  • Sponsored links:

• Which Cannery are you going to? Pilchard,Anchovy or Fray Bentos?
  • Puerto del Carmen (old town end) is very nice, Lanzarote in general is laid back, see Montanes del Fuego if you can, the lava flow and active volcanic thermals etc. is very interesting. Don't bother with wine from the bodegas, grown in a unique way tastes like shit though.
  • Went for the first time last year @Redmidland and loved it. We were a couple of miles outside Playa Blanca, villa on the front, with a boardwalk all the way into town. Great walk every day into the town, some decent bars there.

Timanfaya National Park definitely worth a trip. You can arrange guided tours on certain days & try Mirador del Rio if you can. Great time there.
  • TelMc32 said:

Went for the first time last year @Redmidland and loved it. We were a couple of miles outside Playa Blanca, villa on the front, with a boardwalk all the way into town. Great walk every day into the town, some decent bars there.

Timanfaya National Park definitely worth a trip. You can arrange guided tours on certain days & try Mirador del Rio if you can. Great time there.

Thanks @TelMc32
  • sam3110 said:

Puerto del Carmen (old town end) is very nice, Lanzarote in general is laid back, see Montanes del Fuego if you can, the lava flow and active volcanic thermals etc. is very interesting. Don't bother with wine from the bodegas, grown in a unique way tastes like shit though.

Cheers @sam3110
  • 3-0 win today......6 points clear at top, 32 unbeaten at home.

Yep.
    Bit colder now, only 75' today.
  • Talking to one of the 2 English players today......he said Hull did well yesterday......
  • Sponsored links:

• Talking to one of the 2 English players today......he said Hull did well yesterday......

If that's Solly then you have shrunk (a little bit)
  • Love the place and will always go back.
  • edited January 2016

Git.

Was thinking the same about you for being out there MOG!! :wink:

Hope you're having a great time P!
  • Have just let the old fella know you're still kicking around - he was worried for a very small amount of time.
  • @TelMc32 thanks. Not having a great time, it seriously is cheaper living here than in the UK........but, the weather is better. Back on the 24th.

@PL54 . Tell him I'm okay, but he may have a lodger soon.

Where you going Mr Red ?
  • Am tempted to go over next month mate. Usually try to avoid missing games & go away during intl breaks. Really not even bothered about missing a game any more though :-(
  • TelMc32 said:

Am tempted to go over next month mate. Usually try to avoid missing games & go away during intl breaks. Really not even bothered about missing a game any more though :-(

Oh, so, avoiding me then ?
  • If going out to Lanzarote. .....

22 24/01 UD Villa Santa Brígida v UD Lanzarote - -
    23 31/01 UD Lanzarote v UD San Fernando - -
    24 07/02 Arucas CF v UD Lanzarote - -
    25 14/02 UD Lanzarote v CD Vera - -
    26 21/02 CD Tenerife B v UD Lanzarote - -
    27 28/02 UD Lanzarote v CD Marino - -
    28 06/03 SD Tenisca v UD Lanzarote - -
    29 13/03 UD Lanzarote v U.S. Yaiza (Local Derby)

Where you going Mr Red ?
    Hi @Miserableoldgit We aregoing to Puerto Del Carmen, Oasis Appartments.