Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: Why I Tried to Give you a Leaflet (Nov 2015)

Comments

• Great read, sad to read but very well put,

If the fans dont unite and accept eachothers point of view with out ridiculing or belittling alternative view points as a sign of I care more than you this will not resolve in any form of favourable manner
  • Brilliant article extremely well written. Agree with all your points.
  • edited November 2015
    I agree with nearly all of it. Sat here in Spain, watching my club being dismantled by a brainless millionaire too insulated by his money to see what he is doing, a CEO who is'nt worth a fart in a high wind, and now a manager who's CV should have been enough to mean if he wanted to see football at the Valley, he should pay along with the rest of the punters.
  • Yours isn't the only response I've heard recently from your age group @rememberbillybonds. So sad to hear after all the years you've had stamped in the Valley passport.
  • Excellent article. Thank you.
    It is so sad that RD and his cronies picked on our club CAFC to ruin. The CEO is so out of their depth and out of touch with running a football club that it is tragic.
    One comment is that the atmosphere at the ground was clearly one of resigned apathy. Those that think about it and are worried for the future supported the protest. But an atmosphere of no one really cared about the result.
    RD and KM have torn the heart from the club. Unfortunately KM has done more damage by pathetic gimmicks, ridiculous appointments and disregard to the fans.
    I believe we will be relegated, struggle to get back into the championship.
    I will do the only thing I can, and that's not attend matches. I was first taken in 1961 by my dad to the Valley. I have been going ever since. But if RD and KM are running the club into the ground I will not be going next season. As someone in my 60s I feel KM will be pleased with that outcome.

Get out you old bugger, you're not wanted, our CEO is aiming to bring in youngsters to take your place.......... but where are we going to get these kids ? Now comes the clever part, we've been looking in the wrong direction, it's West London that we should have been targeting.
    Katrien Miere you ain't got a clue !!!!!!!!!
  • Fantastic read, brilliantly puts into words exactly how I feel about the club.
    I am so disillusioned with it all, even a heavy defeat doesn't ruin my weekend like it use to.
    The club is a soulless entity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad you handed out that poster. Agree with every word.
  • Great piece AFKA. Right on the money
  • I hope you've e mailed this to KM.
  • Really well written @AFKABartram and captured the mood brilliantly.

For some reason Saturday's result has been the hardest to take out of all our failures this season. It feels like a line has been crossed, the empty seats, general apathy, fans turning on each other, even the return of the bloody sofa. The fact that when the third goal went in I felt no anger or frustration as I was expecting it.

"Hope" has been drained out of the club, and meanwhile there's been no indication that RD or KM believe they've made any mistakes, let alone admit to or address them.
  • Excellent article Dan, agree with all of it
  • An excellent summary but so depressing at the same time. I don't recognise my club anymore.
  • It is sad to see so many fans totally disconnected with the club. It will be interesting to see if Saturday's protest has any impact on KM. I'd imagine progress will only be seen via the Trust and whether she looks to engage further.
  • Great article.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very well written and very sad to read..
  • An excellent article which resonates with most of us and surely must at least resonate in part with everyone.

For me, it's not like a row with the wife that you will both get over in time. It feels more like seeing a loved one in a depressed state, but are helpless to repair. Indeed, what makes it worse is that you feel worse is to come.

I don't get to see Charlton a lot these days but I find it hard to make the effort when I know this bunch will move on and be replaced by another bunch within a year or so. The frustrating thing is that what is wrong seems fairly obvious. If we go down, this relegation will be worse than the last one IMHO.
  • I hope you've e mailed this to KM.

I was thinking about the same. But then I realised that she probably won't even understand all this.

The article is very well written and the most depressing one I've read so far about the situation. I also agree with many of the posts in this thread. What is most worrying is that there's no light at the end of the tunnel. If we drop to League One, I honestly don't know how we'll be able to get back, definitely not with Duchatelet and Meire in charge. The previous owners at least did one thing right - we got a manager who knew what Charlton's all about and more importantly was capable of managing a football club and capable of taking us back to the Championship. What would Duchatelet do if we were relegated? I really dread to think about it.

Like I said in a post a few weeks ago, local supporters please don't let the incompetent owner and CEO ruin this great football club in front of your eyes. I can't do anything to help because I'm in China. But I have been and will continually be emotionally supporting all the hard work you've been doing in recent weeks. We've still got hope if we do something. If we do nothing, the darkest fears will soon become reality.
  • Well said Dan, it sums up a lot of how I'm feeling, in a kind of perverse way, I'm almost wondering if Roland wants us to go down, so he can play more academy players next season, and cut the wage bill even further.

I deal in logic, & what make sense,the way things are being done at the moment make no sense, and I fear for our club, alienating your customer base is not the way forward.
  • Great article and also highlights that there are probably many fans like me who hate the regime, hate what the club is turning into but are largely uninterested about doing anything constructive other than turning up as often as possible and trying to support the team.

The days when I used to have the hump all weekend and not buy a Sunday paper if we lost are long gone.

Fair play to AFKA and all the others on here that have made that extra effort. I think I fall into the category of silent protester..
  • this sums up exactly how I feel.

• Good read AFKA