Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joshua v Whyte

123457»

Comments

• Options
    He is a nice guy as well whats not to like About AJ
  • Options
    "ave a lovely Christmas" haha, he is a nice boy at heart.
  • Options
    Tonight Eddie wins not only with a packed 02, but enough upsets in the card to show it was more evenly matched, 2 unreal fight performances in eubank and AJ, bomber back in the frame, two losses for Campbell and mitch making the next fight for them too easy to make, dw putting up enough for the public to want to see him again

Maybe Eddie was right it was a fantastic night of boxing and well worth the money,
  • Options
    Great night of boxing. AJ with a devastating knockout after a good tear up...
  • Options
    Thanks for putting the stream up, enjoyed that.
  • Options
    That uppercut was Like Tyson
  • Options
    Vicious acurate and hard real hard
  • Options
    Is AJ ready for Fury? Probably beats him now but not quite ready in my opinion to be world heavyweight champion. A good 3-5 fights away from a title shot then it's got to be Wembley Stadium in summer 2017 that's if TF still holds a title. And that's a big if though. Most likely outcome is AJ fighting the winner of the IBF belt late next year
  • Options
    If it is Glazkov v Martin for the IBF I would expect the winner to fight Wilder.
  • Options
    Can't stop watching that uppercut. Whyte was all over the gaff but that shot was brutal. Great learning curve for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame Whyte lost. There's no maybe if Joshua threw shots after the bell.
  • Options
    If he wins the IBF belt, think Hearn will move mountains to bring Glazkov to the O2 in late 2016
  • Options
    Thanks @iamdan for putting the link up. Great entertainment.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Watched on a stream and I have to say it was a much better fight night than I expected.

I don't think the bad blood between Joshua and Whyte was just pre fight hype. They clearly don't like each other
  • Options

Shame Whyte lost. There's no maybe if Joshua threw shots after the bell.

Shit happens in boxing it wasnt late enough to disqualify or even take a point it the bell came during an exchange wjyte knew what he was doing also gave him longer to recover from a heavy shot
  • Options

I'd put Whyte in the same category as Chisora. Durable but limited and always going to be exposed beyond domestic level

Sounds about right
  • Options

I'd put Whyte in the same category as Chisora. Durable but limited and always going to be exposed beyond domestic level

Agree with this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He is a nice guy as well whats not to like About AJ

Where he's from :wink:
  • Options

Eddie ain't happy, like Campbell should be winning them fights, read into that luke sort it out don't do that again

he is reaping the benefits of too many soft fights. Different skill set banging out journeymento dealing with experienced campaigners who are hitting back. Other than Coyle he hasn't had a live opponent since the gold. Shocking scoring, thought it was a 5+ split

• Options
    Did they show Paulie on the telly? Probably enjoyed that most, great footwork though some bizarre home scoring. Some surprisingly good matches, but I'd argue Campbell, AJ and junior just chewed through what should have been easier tasks, due to durable opponents. O2 was full of vermin. Some of the pish coming out of people's mouths was hilarious. You get more insightful boxing analysis on CBeebies than listening to the people in a big hall show
  • Options
    Just watched it back... How on earth did Whyte stand up for as long as he did in the 7th? Chin of steel!
  • Options
    Joshua looked mustard, saying that, he took way too many shots and looked vulnerable in the second
  • Options
    Worth every penny of my hard earned cash!
    Those mocking this ppv got it completely wrong! Great evenings entertainment and a lot better than the shite down the road earlier.
    AJ if he carries on like he is in & out of the ring will be a great role model to the youngsters out there.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Joshua looked mustard, saying that, he took way too many shots and looked vulnerable in the second

Took the big hit well though and then changed his tactics
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Took the big hit well though and then changed his tactics
    Would be worried if he came up against one of the big punchers in the division though. Looked class throughout otherwise, definitely a future world champ... Be interesting to see where they go with his next fight. What a great night of boxing, well done Eddie Hearn!
  • Options
    Hey young man you got knocked the beep out

Did they show Paulie on the telly? Probably enjoyed that most, great footwork though some bizarre home scoring. Some surprisingly good matches, but I'd argue Campbell, AJ and junior just chewed through what should have been easier tasks, due to durable opponents. O2 was full of vermin. Some of the pish coming out of people's mouths was hilarious. You get more insightful boxing analysis on CBeebies than listening to the people in a big hall show

Paulie was up first around 1720 I think I only saw him when I played it back, great fight, Campbell showd he has little power that will cost him Imo,

Was a great nights boxing all round
  • Options
    Wasn't sure where to put this but Kevin Mitchell has retired. Always enjoyed watching him but probably the right decision

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35541933