Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro Draw 2016

Comments

• Options
    Got a long weekend in Paris, Germany V Poland then Portugal V Austria.

Happy with the draw
  • Options
    When people say ....vs.... in Marseille will be nawtee, whats the relevance of Marseille?
  • Options
    We'll win this tourney easy
  • Options
    Can't believe we're in Marseille 1st game again - that has trouble written all over it.

Vs Wales in Lens
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

When people say ....vs.... in Marseille will be nawtee, whats the relevance of Marseille?

In 98 we played Tunisia there. It was a few days of carnage as the large local North African population didn't take too well to the English invasion. Tbh England's support nowadays is a world away from what it was then, but that don't mean the locals won't be as before.

And in the Russians who like a row with anybody but will esp see England as a relishing prospect and you have a recipe for problems imo.
  • Options
    Presume Platini ordered France's group especially for them?
  • Options
    So the England Wales game is on at 14:00 on a Thursday? That's a bit inconvenient.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

So the England Wales game is on at 14:00 on a Thursday? That's a bit inconvenient.

That's what Roy said too. He likes a good lunch with a couple of glasses of red wine.
  • Options
    We've got Czech Republic v Croatia, Portugal V N Ireland & Belgium v Italy. Those games are about the best you can ask for, we're getting to see the best player (Ronaldo) and the best match (Belgium v Italy) of the group stage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh wait - it's N Ireland v POLAND not Portugal :-(
  • Options

wales are a pub team with Gareth Bale.

Maybe true, but if the England players go into the game with that mentality they'll beat us.
  • Options
    Can't believe the papers are full this morning about offering Roy a new contract, surely it would have a clause in it which was activated provided we got out of the group first next summer?

If England cocked up their group next summer and he was stuck on a Long contract there'd be a public outcry.
  • Options

Maybe true, but if the England players go into the game with that mentality they'll beat us.
    I'd certainly like to be on the pub team Aaron Ramsey is on also...
  • Options

Presume Platini ordered France's group especially for them?

Definitely some "warm balls" shenanigans going on in that group!

The Republic of Ireland must have got the frozen ones!! :smile:
  • Options
    Went down to Marseille earlier in the year (early June), nice city....a bit of advice to anyone going to the game v Russia, it might be worth staying in the resort of Cassis a lovely place (someone on here recommended it to me)....direct train to Marseille (30 min) quite a few hotels (we stayed on a campsite...around 20 euros a night) and 20 min walk from the station. We really enjoyed a day out to Marseille but as 'The Organiser' rightly points out it could be a bit iffy there while following England.
  • Options
    Hastings that sounds like a great recommendation.
    The problem atm is getting there. Flight prices rocketed yesterday but I think will settle again. I need to go out Fri back Sun due to leave, so considering Eurostar too, or flying via Lyon etc.
  • Options
    If you expect it to be 'norwteee' you may be in for a disappointment. After recent events there will be 10'000s of police/army everywhere
  • Options

Hastings that sounds like a great recommendation.
    The problem atm is getting there. Flight prices rocketed yesterday but I think will settle again. I need to go out Fri back Sun due to leave, so considering Eurostar too, or flying via Lyon etc.

Agree we like to take the car (mind you we've gone for five-six weeks for the last 3 years)...theres a few airports down that way maybe Toulon, Montpellier etc but being on a tight schedule (like you are) will make life difficult.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Got tickets for

England vs Slovakia
    Italy vs rep of Ireland
    Sweden vs rep of Ireland
    Portugal vs Iceland
    Albania vs Switzerland

To say I'm buzzing is an understatement

Also got Sweden v ROI, cant wait now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same mate , over the moon with the games I've got . Even Albania vs Switzerland should be different
  • Options
    You got 10 different teams so you can let everyone know which team has the best supporters.
  • Options
    Well I was always guaranteed to have 1 team twice as I had E3 vs E2 and E3 vs E4, could of been Albania but when I found out it was republic of Ireland I was well happy , then when Sweden and especially Italy got drawn in their group, I was buzzing. England vs Slovakia too which will be nice plus get to see johann not get his corners off the ground against Ronaldo and co. Bring on June .
  • Options

Hope that's a joke
  • Options

Went down to Marseille earlier in the year (early June), nice city....a bit of advice to anyone going to the game v Russia, it might be worth staying in the resort of Cassis a lovely place (someone on here recommended it to me)....direct train to Marseille (30 min) quite a few hotels (we stayed on a campsite...around 20 euros a night) and 20 min walk from the station. We really enjoyed a day out to Marseille but as 'The Organiser' rightly points out it could be a bit iffy there while following England.

Hastings, i'm glad you liked my suggestion of Cassis !
  • Options
    Will be strange for half the Wales team to be playing against their home nation.
  • Options
    Ahhh the might of Wales think they'll stroll over England yet couldn't beat Israel and Bosnia (Who lost to Ireland).

I do think this Euros is going to be a rude awakening for them.

England were poor at the World Cup but we've been poor at the last few World Cups (all of which have been played outside of the European Climate), when we play in Europe, the last time (and only time) we've failed to make the Quarter-Finals of either the World Cup / Euros when we've Qualified was in 2000.
  • Options

Hastings, i'm glad you liked my suggestion of Cassis !
    Certainly did and happy to pass on info to others, I've driven over 7,000 miles in France over the last couple of years (3 seperate trips) and always happy to pass on info as well as recieve it to....will be going again next year but not for the football.
  • Options

England were poor at the World Cup but we've been poor at the last few World Cups (all of which have been played outside of the European Climate), when we play in Europe, the last time (and only time) we've failed to make the Quarter-Finals of either the World Cup / Euros when we've Qualified was in 2000.

Instead of coming out with nonsense statistics, just say you're confident of beating Wales.

If you're not going to count the 2010 World Cup or 2008 European Championships, then don't pretend you're producing statistics going back to 2000.
  • Options
    I am quietly confident of beating Wales, but we need our players to be more than up for it as they certainly will be. I wouldn't want to patronise Wales by saying it is their cup final but it will definitely be a massive victory in their history if they were to do us over.

I am more worried about Russia. As I said in a post on this or the other thread, they have looked average when I've watched them in qualifiers however I was doing some more reading about them yesterday (I've been researching Russia and Slovakia and watching highlights of all their qualifiers over the last 24 hours because I am incredibly sad like that) and they are a revitalised side after the sacking of Capello, with the CSKA manager in *temporary* charge they have won 4 out of their last 5 including a friendly win against Portugal. Don't think that game will be as easy as I first thought.