Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester

Comments

• Another win today, 5 points clear now and will be top of the table at xmas, exactly a year after they went into the xmas break, bottom of the table.

Vardy or Mahrez (and often both) have scored in every single game and the pair of them now have more goals than 15 other Premier league teams.

Hope they keep it up.
  • My housemate is a Leicester fan. Last week he put £20 on a three match accumulator:

- Bournemouth to beat United
    - Charlton and Leeds to draw
    - Leciester to beat Chelsea

So his team went back to the top of the Premier League and won him £700 in the process. He is still on cloud nine, and so he should be!
  • cafctom said:

My housemate is a Leicester fan. Last week he put £20 on a three match accumulator:

- Bournemouth to beat United
    - Charlton and Leeds to draw
    - Leciester to beat Chelsea

So his team went back to the top of the Premier League and won him £700 in the process. He is still on cloud nine, and so he should be!

Hope you've kicked him in the bollocks to bring him back down to earth, Our Tom
  • ......made up for the Leicester btw
  • I would love them to stay top till the end of the season. I can remember back to the seasons when literally any team could win the title.
  • Did anyone hear the Leicester fan on 5live? Brilliant!
  • Could we really end up with Leicester and Palace in the Champions League?
  • Could we really end up with Leicester and Palace in the Champions League?

Hopefully Leicester yes. Always nice to see the so called lesser clubs sticking 2 fingers up at the 'big' teams.

Hopefully the other team you mention self implode. But I still can't help feel a bit envious.
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

There's 1 very happy punter out there tonight £5k better off

God imagine had they lost yesterday and Arsenal or Man City won on Monday...
  • 21 games gone, kept off the top only by goal difference.

Champions league qualification hopes looking better and better by the week.
  • 3 points clear at the top, 15 games to go. None of the other teams seem to want to win it. Why not?
  • Makes me remember when we were forth until we sold Scott Parker :(
  • I'd love them to do it.
  • Read on racing post that there's a punter in Guildford that has £75.00 at 5000/1 on Leicester to win the league anti post at start of season, would love them to do it, Arsenal are notorious for being bottle jobs and man city are too unpredictable
  • Mackle said:

Makes me remember when we were forth until we sold Scott Parker :(

I was thinking about the same thing! It would be great to see them win the league title though.
  • It would certainly shake the big teams up if they steal one of their Champions league places, hope Ranieri does it as he seems decent enough and took a lot if stick re the tinkerman. I guess his critics will say that Leicesters smaller squad means he has less chance to cock things up.
  • Leicesters remaining fixtures;

would love to see them win it at stamford bridge, and then to show john terrys face he might even go up and try and get a medal;

Leicester v Liverpool Tue 2 Feb
    Man City v Leicester Sat 6 Feb
    Arsenal v Leicester Sun 14 Feb
    Leicester v Norwich Sat 27 Feb
    Leicester v West Brom Tue 1 Mar
    Watford v Leicester Sat 5 Mar
    Leicester v Newcastle Mon 14 Mar
    Crystal Palace v Leicester Sat 19 Mar
    Leicester v Southampton Sat 2 Apr
    Sunderland v Leicester Sat 9 Apr
    Leicester v West Ham Sat 16 Apr
    Leicester v Swansea Sat 23 Apr
    Man Utd v Leicester Sat 30 Apr
    Leicester v Everton Sat 7 May
    Chelsea v Leicester Sun 15 May

• Halix said:

It would certainly shake the big teams up if they steal one of their Champions league places, hope Ranieri does it as he seems decent enough and took a lot if stick re the tinkerman. I guess his critics will say that Leicesters smaller squad means he has less chance to cock things up.

Thing is they are now ten points clear of United in 5th who aremt playing anywhere near well enough to catch them.

I can't see them not making the top 4 now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Read on racing post that there's a punter in Guildford that has £75.00 at 5000/1 on Leicester to win the league anti post at start of season, would love them to do it, Arsenal are notorious for being bottle jobs and man city are too unpredictable

He needs to lay that bet off.. Well at least some of it!

• Leicesters remaining fixtures;

would love to see them win it at stamford bridge, and then to show john terrys face he might even go up and try and get a medal;

Leicester v Liverpool Tue 2 Feb
    Man City v Leicester Sat 6 Feb
    Arsenal v Leicester Sun 14 Feb

OUCH!!... If they get anything from those three games, then surely they'll win the Premier League

The last three games could be huge too though
  • Halix said:

It would certainly shake the big teams up if they steal one of their Champions league places, hope Ranieri does it as he seems decent enough and took a lot if stick re the tinkerman. I guess his critics will say that Leicesters smaller squad means he has less chance to cock things up.

Thing is they are now ten points clear of United in 5th who aremt playing anywhere near well enough to catch them.

Chelsea AND Man U not making the Top 4 would be staggering, but entirely possible now!
  • 3 points clear with 15 games to go. It would be an amazing if Leicester could win the title, although there's obviously a long way to go. If they could, I think it would be an achievement on a par with provincial clubs like Derby and Forest winning the league in the 1970s shortly after being promoted. I never thought I'd see that again.
  • People are going to hate me for saying this but Charlton have been top of the Premier League for 17-days
  • Halix said:

Chelsea AND Man U not making the Top 4 would be staggering, but entirely possible now!
    Probable I'd say, I think it'll be Arsenal, Leicester, Man City and Spurs in the top four spots, which order they come in will be interesting.
  • I don't mind what order as long as Palace don't sneak in there. Now they've got Adebayor they can only go one way.
  • Nothing but admiration for Leicester good luck to them. They play at a high tempo and hurt teams on the break, their performance against Stoke on the weekend was outstanding. I think they will make the top 4 unless they have a mega meltdown and good for them.