Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

songs/artists you are not proud to like

which songs or artists do you like, but have not got the guts to admit it to the mrs/mr/friends etc.
you know what i'm on about, you're on your own and a corny/poppy song comes on the radio and you find yourself knowing the words singing along to it and enjoying it.
i suppose i'd better start. few years back found myself singing along to a song called too close. i thought it sounded very mid-late 80's soul. to my disgust it was blue's debut single.
have since found out the song was a cover of a 1997 'hit' by an american r&b band called next.

Comments

• Options
    MCSMCS
    edited October 2006
    Ok, you that know robbbie williams mug, well i dont like him, the smarmy git, 'look at me i am filthy rich' what a plonker! I also hate his music with a passion.

Bearing all this in mind, whenever he is on tele doin a concert or on the radio, i know all (well most) of the words and will sing/hum along, then there is the stark reality that ' Crumbs (would of said f word but remembered afka's swearing post) i hate this No mark' then have to stop. Que Ollie looking around for a gas oven to put his head in!
  • Options
    i'm a sucker for a good ol power ballad !!!
  • Options
    by the way, these admissions are not to be aired outside of these cyberwalls.
  • Options
    too right !

Right, I'm off now to have my lavender scented bath, and listen to my Jennifer Rush CD....
  • Options
    Damn right paul, i have my reputation to think of!! I mean robbie willhams ffs
  • Options
    TT
    edited October 2006
    PBS - Next did the original i believe... filty song!

You want to get yourself down Guilty pleaseures, I was in a cab last night with a few people from work and some Dolly Parton & Kenny Rodgers song came on i found myself singing along...

I love crap music music and i'm proud! The only stuff i really dislike is anything from 'blands' like Keane, Coldplay, Felling & worst are probably Orsen
  • Options
    I still have a copy of (and have listened to on occasion) Nik Kershaw's greatest hit's (and no it isn't a blank CD)
  • Options
    Sugababes.

Saw them at V and they were brilliant.

Gonna be singing Push the Button all day now...
  • Options
    I find myself singing along to pretty much any cheesy 80's cr@p...

I am also a closet Neil Diamond fan !!!! - my Nan is so proud...
  • Options
    daniel bedingfield

love cheese tho, and no shame in sugababes, i've seen them twice. supporting take that and also at glastonbury a few years ago. love em I also love girls aloud

don't actually own any of the above tho, just wouldn't be sad if it came on in the car/club/pub etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love all the bird bands , sugarbabes , girls aloud , atmoic kitten , pussycat dolls !
  • Options
    the music or to look at?
  • Options
    Both as it goes !
  • Options
    Quo.
  • Options
    I never get the Guilty Pleasures thing. I like loads of things and I guess some of them may not to fashionable but never embarrassed to say if I like something. Why should you be?
  • Options
    Massive Coldplay fan, which I always get stick for, really like stuff like A-ha, OMD and the Pet Shop Boys.

And I like my pop music.
  • Options
    I've found myself liking Depeche Mode...
  • Options
    Depeche Mode are class, no gulity pleasure there
  • Options
    can't help but like the PussyCatDolls,Aguilara,Joss Stone,Katie Melua,J Lo,Alicia Keys,Maria Carey,both Bedingfields,Jamelia,Jamiroquai and last but definately not least Usher.

Can't help but sing along to Chesney Hawkes 'The one and only'. Very apt title.
  • Options
    its hard to face the truth... cos i'll never be with you....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ooh yeah katie melua. love her.
  • Options
    take that - shine. i really like it.
  • Options
    Take That have matured into a decent singing group. They're new album is excellent. People keep on about them not being a band as though don't play instruments. They are not a band, they are a singing group just like the Drifters or Four Tops etc. No one had a go at them.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shut up Your Face - Joe Dolce. Was proud when I bought it. Perhaps not quite so proud now (but I still like it).
  • Options
    Shampoo. I still believe them to be the greatest all female act this side of Amsterdam
  • Options
    Take that are playing the O2 arena down at the Dome at the end of november me and my pals who are all old enough to know better are going... if we get the tickets that is.
  • Options
    yeah, i've emailed my mate who I went to see them at milton keynes with

tempted to go, if the price isn't horrific. if they go on sale before april i can't tho. got glastonbury to pay for!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Take that are playing the O2 arena down at the Dome at the end of november me and my pals who are all old enough to know better are going... if we get the tickets that is.

'Take That' are Legends end of.....that from a Funky House DJ...!
  • Options
    Tom Jones - AND I'M PROUD!!!
  • Options
    I like the odd David Bowie track but I don't tell too many people about it. Otherwise if you like something (other than heavy metal, Queen or musicals) what's the problem? ;-)