Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Could someone from the club please explain how this is progress.***

Comments

• Options

Colin where are you?

If he's got any sense he's on his way home from the pub.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

aliwibble said:

Erm @Stig was the mis-spelling of "Ignorance" deliberate, or an immaculately timed typo?

I took it to be deliberate
    Ha ha, well I'm flattered that you'd think it was deliberate. Definitely just slipshod work though.

Thanks for pointing it out. Amended now.
  • Options

Stig said:

INGSOC landscape

Okay i will fall for it, but what does INGSOC stand for.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingsoc
  • Options

They are progressing, academy on track, relegation on track
    Once they have established the club in League 1 possible even league 2 it should be easier to shop window the academy youngsters and sell them on at a profit.
    Simple break even.
    What about the supporters? We are just a nuisance, a footballer factory doesn't need annoying plebs whinging about a once proud club, history blah boring blah.
    So there you have it folks, now you know your place put or shut up.

That is the way I feel we are valued by these people and it's breaking my heart. I used to have the tingle when a smelt the fried onions and burgers on match day at the valley. Now days I just wonder why I bother, maybe a wont for much longer, we will see.

But being in at least the Championship makes our academy much more attractive to players and parents than being a L1 club. The higher the level a player plays at, the higher the transfer fee as well.
    There are also much quicker and cheaper ways to get relegated than the revolving door policy we have had on players and managers since Roland took over.

I'm not sure what the plan is but I'm pretty sure is nothing as clandestine as thickandthin is suggesting.
  • Options
    @Stig the second one down on the left side doesn't show who said it.
  • Options
    I honestly do not know where this journey is going to end, not just our league position but the whole fabric of our club.
    JJ says that keep changing coaches is not helpful; he is right but this man looks out of his depth.
    We have a world cup winner in our side plus players that could be going to the Euros. They expect and demand to have a coach who knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    Didn't KM say that Roland doesn't do failure?
    I wonder what his definition of failure is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Now will the sodding trust do something???

They are, haven't you heard the joke about 20,000 people through the gates at home matches.
  • Options

pettgra said:

I honestly do not know where this journey is going to end, not just our league position but the whole fabric of our club.
    JJ says that keep changing coaches is not helpful; he is right but this man looks out of his depth.
    We have a world cup winner in our side plus players that could be going to the Euros. They expect and demand to have a coach who knows what he is doing.

Players at any age and level want a manager/coach who they can look up to, respect and ultimately learn/develop under.

It is no surprise that the whole first team squad have pretty much given up the fight already when they have this inexperienced, clueless clown in charge! How can somebody with his lack of experience and knowledge of football at the top level command the respect needed from professional footballers to succeed???

As I have posted previously, we could buy 4-5 new top level championship players in January to improve the quality of the squad but if you have this clown in charge it isn't going to make any difference whatsoever. You need the new additions along with an experienced manager/head coach who will instantly earn the respect of the whole squad,including the likes of JJ, Diarra and JBG as the most experienced members of the squad. This type of appointment would hopefully get the players and fans back on side in the short term and lead the fight for survival for the rest of the season.

This isn't going to happen under RD so we are basically screwed. I have already resigned myself to watching Charlton in league 1 next season.

I hope you are wrong; however, I fear you are right

</blockquote

• Options
    edited December 2015
    pettgra said:

pettgra said:

Players at any age and level want a manager/coach who they can look up to, respect and ultimately learn/develop under.

It is no surprise that the whole first team squad have pretty much given up the fight already when they have this inexperienced, clueless clown in charge! How can somebody with his lack of experience and knowledge of football at the top level command the respect needed from professional footballers to succeed???

As I have posted previously, we could buy 4-5 new top level championship players in January to improve the quality of the squad but if you have this clown in charge it isn't going to make any difference whatsoever. You need the new additions along with an experienced manager/head coach who will instantly earn the respect of the whole squad,including the likes of JJ, Diarra and JBG as the most experienced members of the squad. This type of appointment would hopefully get the players and fans back on side in the short term and lead the fight for survival for the rest of the season.

This isn't going to happen under RD so we are basically screwed. I have already resigned myself to watching Charlton in league 1 next season.

I hope you are wrong; however, I fear you are right

</blockquote
  • Options

pettgra said:

Para 2 is bang on. Players will soon work out if a coach is talking shite. They are probably waiting for the next one, or a chance to move on. Tony watt has already escaped, and I don't blame him.
  • Options

They are progressing, academy on track, relegation on track
    Once they have established the club in League 1 possible even league 2 it should be easier to shop window the academy youngsters and sell them on at a profit.
    Simple break even.
    What about the supporters? We are just a nuisance, a footballer factory doesn't need annoying plebs whinging about a once proud club, history blah boring blah.
    So there you have it folks, now you know your place put or shut up.

That is the way I feel we are valued by these people and it's breaking my heart. I used to have the tingle when a smelt the fried onions and burgers on match day at the valley. Now days I just wonder why I bother, maybe a wont for much longer, we will see.

But being in at least the Championship makes our academy much more attractive to players and parents than being a L1 club. The higher the level a player plays at, the higher the transfer fee as well.
    There are also much quicker and cheaper ways to get relegated than the revolving door policy we have had on players and managers since Roland took over.

I'm not sure what the plan is but I'm pretty sure is nothing as clandestine as thickandthin is suggesting.
    TBH neither do I, but the whole situation seems to defy logic to such an extent could you honestly rule anything out?

Like most of us I am so pissed off the only amusement I can get right now is trying to work out the strategy of a bunch of complete idiots
  • Options
    Where are the people who have been defending the owner in the past? I would like to hear their point of view?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015

Where are the people who have been defending the owner in the past? I would like to hear their point of view?

On that point has anyone ever seen curbs1965 or Colin1961 in the same room :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Oakster said:

As Meire reminded us neatly a year ago at the time of the Luzon appointment debacle:

“Of course I can understand their frustration and they have every right to be [frustrated],” she said. “But I hope they understand the owner wants the best for Charlton. He does it his way and they need to accept that.

“They will not always agree with our decisions. No fans in the world will always agree with the decisions of the board. I always try to take into account the fans, but sometimes you have to make hard decisions.

Just opened this thread and this was as far as I needed to go. 'He does it his way, and we need to accept that.'

I would accept it if his way was proving anything like a suitable strategy to run a championship football club. It's laughable. By those very words he should put the club back on the market and cut his losses. It's not working, it's not going to work.
  • Options

@bobcafc7 seems to have disappeared ! Remember him lolling every one of my summer posts when I mentioned that the players coming in were not proven and I thought the squad looked thin! Heyho.
  • Options

They may well be like a computer nerd group unwilling to hold their weekly meeting at The Den during a home game?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2015

@bobcafc7 seems to have disappeared ! Remember him lolling every one of my summer posts when I mentioned that the players coming in were not proven and I thought the squad looked thin! Heyho.
    Right on cue. Happy Christmas @bobcafc7 !
  • Options
    Oakster said:

As Meire reminded us neatly a year ago at the time of the Luzon appointment debacle:

“Of course I can understand their frustration and they have every right to be [frustrated],” she said. “But I hope they understand the owner wants the best for Charlton. He does it his way and they need to accept that.

“They will not always agree with our decisions. No fans in the world will always agree with the decisions of the board. I always try to take into account the fans, but sometimes you have to make hard decisions.

Its actually not a bad statement, except if they consistently make bad decisions then it's crap.
  • Options
    I can't come up with any sort of rational explanation for the way RD chooses to run Charlton into the ground, as he has been successful in other areas of life.

So failing a rational explanation, I can only think of an irrational explanation. Perhaps his middle name is Nigel and him buying Charlton was part of a pincer movement for the stripy ones in removing potential competitors?
    Or maybe he is somehow connected in some arcane way with the ancient Bermondsey curse laid against us that prevents us winning games against the denizens of the Toolbox?
    Or maybe he is actually an alien and this is part of his Mork and Mindy-style method to learn about the ways of us humans.

I know all these are far-fetched. But just as likely as anything else, no?
  • Options

I think the last thread of patience has finally snapped for even the most optimistic of us, including myself.

At least we can all unite now with a Fraser-esque 'We're Doomed!'
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I've just heard somewhere RD is friends with SJ.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

I think the last thread of patience has finally snapped for even the most optimistic of us, including myself.

At least we can all unite now with a Fraser-esque 'We're Doomed!'
    Fraeyer-esque 'we're doomed' ?