Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Could someone from the club please explain how this is progress.***

Comments

• Options
    RD would benefit from picking up the phone to the Watford owner and getting some much needed advice on how to run a successful network of clubs!

They are going from strength to strength under their foreign owner who has utilised his network to great effect!
  • Options
    rananegra said:

I can't come up with any sort of rational explanation for the way RD chooses to run Charlton into the ground, as he has been successful in other areas of life.

So failing a rational explanation, I can only think of an irrational explanation. Perhaps his middle name is Nigel and him buying Charlton was part of a pincer movement for the stripy ones in removing potential competitors?
    Or maybe he is somehow connected in some arcane way with the ancient Bermondsey curse laid against us that prevents us winning games against the denizens of the Toolbox?
    Or maybe he is actually an alien and this is part of his Mork and Mindy-style method to learn about the ways of us humans.

I know all these are far-fetched. But just as likely as anything else, no?

It is quite simple really, with his business he knows what he is doing and concentrates on that to make his money. Need I add more
  • Options

RD would benefit from picking up the phone to the Watford owner and getting some much needed advice on how to run a successful network of clubs!

They are going from strength to strength under their foreign owner who has utilised his network to great effect!

Bet he makes it to balanced budget or better much quicker than RD too.
  • Options
    They are both an utter disgrace... and they need to APOLOGISE and take responsibility for what is clearly an utter shambles...

The fact that the "US and Them" feeling is so strong that some fans actually feel a slight smugness when we lose says it all...

Apologise and change direction of simply F off...

• Options

Where are the people who have been defending the owner in the past? I would like to hear their point of view?

Why ? So you can gloat ? I told you so,not helpful imo
  • Options
    vff said:

Where are the people who have been defending the owner in the past? I would like to hear their point of view?

@bobcafc7 seems to have disappeared ! Remember him lolling every one of my summer posts when I mentioned that the players coming in were not proven and I thought the squad looked thin! Heyho.
    Right on cue. Happy Christmas @bobcafc7 !
    Very true. Wondered how long it would take him. Nothing constructive to actually say / write though sadly.
  • Options
    I don't think we have bad players. We just need a good manager and for Rd and KM to let him sign his own players even if not given a huge budget. The club is actually in good shape in terms of squad, academy and stadium. We are so close yet so far from a winning formula and it is only the stubbornness of the board that is stopping us from progressing.
  • Options

Why ? So you can gloat ? I told you so,not helpful imo
    That wasn't my intention. Some people have been very forthright in their defence of RD and scathing in their responses to those that disagreed. See the posts above for examples of that. I would be interested to read what they now think. It would be nice for them to have the courage to apologise if they have now realised they were wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

vff said:

@bobcafc7 seems to have disappeared ! Remember him lolling every one of my summer posts when I mentioned that the players coming in were not proven and I thought the squad looked thin! Heyho.
    Very true. Wondered how long it would take him. Nothing constructive to actually say / write though sadly.
    Well it was good to see @bobcafc7 still around, I got the lol thing as well. It's good to take things lightly. With Charlton's situation what else can you do ? Life goes on. People don't always agree. The happy christmas thing was genuine. We are all Charlton Athletic supporters in the end and want what's best for the club.

My opinions on the squad and Duchatelet have been consistent. I would be very happy at a change of direction and approach, but I don't see that happening. I live in hope always that things will come good eventually. That's what part of what makes me a Charlton supporter. Even when things don't look good, you can still believe. Good that bobcafc7 has stopped the lol to every comment that they disagreed with though.

Anyhow. A Happy and successful New Year to Charlton Athletic @bobcafc7, @Athletico Charlton and Charlton supporters everywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    It seems unlikely that dwindling crowds won't lead to ins/outs in January. If ins include rumoured Yann and Dervite I'm unsure whose decision that would be. I expect Sarr (harsh), Ba, Bergdich, Watt, Moussa, a keeper and perhaps Fox, JBG or Mak to leave. Even Igor on loan. Would you want an inept and failing manager to identify shortcomings in the squad and possible ins or do you get rid in the next week or so?
  • Options
  • Options

It seems unlikely that dwindling crowds won't lead to ins/outs in January. If ins include rumoured Yann and Dervite I'm unsure whose decision that would be. I expect Sarr (harsh), Ba, Bergdich, Watt, Moussa, a keeper and perhaps Fox, JBG or Mak to leave. Even Igor on loan. Would you want an inept and failing manager to identify shortcomings in the squad and possible ins or do you get rid in the next week or so?

I'd get rid of him tonight and I'd be annoyed with myself for taking too long.
    But then I'd pick a new manager randomly from the phone book and be annoyed again when things don't improve
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

Well it was good to see @bobcafc7 still around, I got the lol thing as well. It's good to take things lightly. With Charlton's situation what else can you do ? Life goes on. People don't always agree. The happy christmas thing was genuine. We are all Charlton Athletic supporters in the end and want what's best for the club.

My opinions on the squad and Duchatelet have been consistent. I would be very happy at a change of direction and approach, but I don't see that happening. I live in hope always that things will come good eventually. That's what part of what makes me a Charlton supporter. Even when things don't look good, you can still believe. Good that bobcafc7 has stopped the lol to every comment that they disagreed with though.

Anyhow. A Happy and successful New Year to Charlton Athletic @bobcafc7, @Athletico Charlton and Charlton supporters everywhere.
    Blimey. I have managed to unite @bobcafc7 and @Athletico Charlton in agreement (with LOLs). There's an achievement. Next stop russia and ukraine then onto the Middle East.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

One truth is that the Trust try harder to find out what Charlton Athletic customers/supporters actually want than the club itself.

Just one example is the discotheque in Crossbars before matches which to semi quote Katrien is 'her kind of music' and intended to appeal to 'younger fans'.

Oh yeah?

How did she find out what would appeal and attract? A survey?

Don't even get me started on the big screen which is as far as I can tell universally disliked for the simple reason it doesn't carry the team line ups, substitutions, bookings and goalscorers.
    Everybody I have spoken to wants them back, indeed I could probably run a survey to prove it, but oh no, Katrien probably thinks she is driving programme sales or something.
    However such information, in these days of technology, ought to be a fundamental service for the paying customer.

I was in America in the last week, and saw two live events and the programmes (which they call playbills) were free, gratis, cost nada...because those pesky Americans have realised that when they sell an audience based product to the customer, then you ought to please the audience fully.

Charlton Athletic on the other hand despise the very audience they chase for their money.

Half season tickets?
    Half-arsed season tickets more like.
    Building a better tomorrow together?
    No, the powerful laughing at the trusting plebs more like.

I'm actually starting to forgive our big screen after visiting Burnley - they show replays of goals from previous matches DURING the game. Now that's distracting.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

One truth is that the Trust try harder to find out what Charlton Athletic customers/supporters actually want than the club itself.

Just one example is the discotheque in Crossbars before matches which to semi quote Katrien is 'her kind of music' and intended to appeal to 'younger fans'.

Oh yeah?

Don't even get me started on the big screen which is as far as I can tell universally disliked for the simple reason it doesn't carry the team line ups, substitutions, bookings and goalscorers.
    Everybody I have spoken to wants them back, indeed I could probably run a survey to prove it, but oh no, Katrien probably thinks she is driving programme sales or something.
    However such information, in these days of technology, ought to be a fundamental service for the paying customer.

I was in America in the last week, and saw two live events and the programmes (which they call playbills) were free, gratis, cost nada...because those pesky Americans have realised that when they sell an audience based product to the customer, then you ought to please the audience fully.

Charlton Athletic on the other hand despise the very audience they chase for their money.

Half season tickets?

I'm actually starting to forgive our big screen after visiting Burnley - they show replays of goals from previous matches DURING the game. Now that's distracting.
    It's probably done to remind their forwards what they need to do. Something we could adopt perhaps?
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

Oh yeah?

Half season tickets?

We'll HAVE to do that soon.....
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Oh yeah?

Half season tickets?

If memory serves me correctly you were at the meeting with KM. Why not ask the question instead of putting it on here? Yes we all want the info back but wasn't the meeting a good time as any to ask what is going on with this?
  • Options
    For how many games did this house / garage music get aired in the free bar before the match ?

I've only ever been in there afterwards.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

seth plum said:

Oh yeah?

Half season tickets?

If memory serves me correctly you were at the meeting with KM. Why not ask the question instead of putting it on here? Yes we all want the info back but wasn't the meeting a good time as any to ask what is going on with this?
    Can't remember his name, but the head of IT or communications or whatever role is responsible for the screen has posted on here and is well aware that it is not popular with the vast majority of us who post on here. His answer is that it's a short term trial and the situation is being monitored.
    The club and KM are well aware of most of our thoughts on the subject, they just don't give a shite and are always right.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

1StevieG said:

seth plum said:

Oh yeah?

Half season tickets?

At the meeting I was able to put two things to her, one was to say that having five managers in two years was excessive. her response to my point has led to many comments.
    I also put to her that those of us at that meeting came along expecting change, but what she seemed to be proposing was more of the same. Her response was a kind of 'hmmmn'.

The video will verify my contribution.

If I had had more opportunities I could have pressed her on other things, but those were the two I managed, given that there were others at the meeting too.
    Fair enough. I much prefer to have the team listings with all the relevant info and then show the goal replays ( In short supply this season ) than have the game live on the big screen covered with all those silly mottos that some genius came up with because I am actually watching the game in front of me.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    seth plum said:

1StevieG said:

seth plum said:

Oh yeah?

Half season tickets?

At the meeting I was able to put two things to her, one was to say that having five managers in two years was excessive. her response to my point has led to many comments.
    I also put to her that those of us at that meeting came along expecting change, but what she seemed to be proposing was more of the same. Her response was a kind of 'hmmmn'.

If I had had more opportunities I could have pressed her on other things, but those were the two I managed, given that there were so so many others at the meeting too.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

seth plum said:

1StevieG said:

seth plum said:

Oh yeah?

Half season tickets?

If I had had more opportunities I could have pressed her on other things, but those were the two I managed, given that there were others at the meeting too.
    Fair enough. I much prefer to have the team listings with all the relevant info and then show the goal replays ( In short supply this season ) than have the game live on the big screen covered with all those silly mottos that some genius came up with because I am actually watching the game in front of me.
    That's what's so depressing. You turn your face away from that dreadful shite they're serving up, and there it is in glorious technicolour on the TV in the corner. Bastards!