Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welsh Grand National 2015

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pp paid me out for wc
  • Options
    Put wc on in ladbrookes shop.
    They indicated 5 places on line.
    Would this be the same for a walk in bet?
  • Options

Cheers Dave and Soapy. Onward and upward (hopefully)

AND Woodford County as well... £61up!

Thanks again
  • Options

Pp paid me out for wc

Did you put this bet on since yesterday?
  • Options

Not always. Coral fucked me over with the same thing and they sponsored the race!!
  • Options

Cheers peanuts, ew on Woodford and flyer for me

Ditto.Thanks PM.
  • Options

Pp paid me out for wc

Did you put this bet on since yesterday?
    About 10mins b4 start.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Back to work on Monday. Small profit, cheers Peanuts.

Cheers Dave and Soapy. Onward and upward (hopefully)

AND Woodford County as well... £61up!

Thanks again

Cheers peanuts, ew on Woodford and flyer for me

Ditto.Thanks PM.
    Cheers CHG, Soapy and Chicago - many thanks for having confidence in my model.
    Sorry we missed the winner but next time hopefully.
  • Options
    Peanuts: I took a punt on Mountainous to win the GN @40-1 e/w after that run. Do you think that was a good decision?
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Thanks as always Peanuts.

Had the two e/w in the top five. Only had a very little bet on them as not working at the mo, has paid for a curry and a couple of vey much needed beers after today's result.

Cheers red. Much appreciated. Enjoy the ruby.
    Hopefully we'll go one better at Aintree.
    All the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    meldrew66 said:

Peanuts: I took a punt on Mountainous to win the GN @40-1 e/w after that run. Do you think that was a good decision?

Looks a decent bet to me Chief. Surprised he's as long as 40s, suggesting the received wisdom is that he must have heavy ground.
    It's obvious why, looking at his career, but he was in a nice rhythm and looking good with the leaders when departing (bit of a tame fall) at the 9th in the 2014 GN (Good to Soft officially). I can't recall his GN stats off the top of my head but I remember the model fancied he'd handle decent ground better than was generally thought. I think he had some form somewhere (PtP maybe) in a respectable time.
    Especially with age, no doubt he wouldn't want it quick and they probably wouldn't run him if it looked like being so but everyone thought the ground would be too quick for Monbeg Dude last year and he came home a very competitive 3rd.
    Who knows what the ground will be like in April but obviously it couldn't be any wetter right now and I wouldn't rule out having a nibble of that myself.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Great stuff once more Peanuts!
  • Options
    Cheers Len, were you invested?
  • Options

Cheers Len, were you invested?

We were but I got told off by Len's Little Girl for initially going 4 rather than 5 places! We did manage to put a smaller amount on 5 places too luckily.
  • Options
    She's a shrewdie is LLG. Mrs Molloy's not spoken to me all evening 'cos of the same .....................it has it's compensations. :smiley:
  • Options

Not always. Coral fucked me over with the same thing and they sponsored the race!!
    Great, Done mine in coral shop on WC.

Didn't even consider they would differ on line to walk in on the places.

Last time I use them I think.
  • Options

Great, Done mine in coral shop on WC.

Didn't even consider they would differ on line to walk in on the places.

Last time I use them I think.
    I wouldn't expect anything less from Coral. All front and no substance. I took them to IBAS and they took a total of six months to respond to my complaint.

Closed my account immediately. Plenty of other bookmakers who will take my money willingly!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    A brief postscript to the race.

ADJUSTMENT OF AGE FOR POSTPONEMENT

The first 5 home were aged 11/9/9/9/9 but the sweet spot for the trends is 6~8 y-o winners. BUT we were only 9 days after all horses turn a year older as in the WNs of Jan 2011 and Jan 2013 - the only other WNs since 2003 when a winner or runner-up has been older than 8.
    Winner aside (special factors), 2nd~5th would have been aged 8 had the race been run as originally scheduled.
    Likewise, the failure of the fancied “7 year olds” (Cogry and Red Devil lads) confirms that 6 year olds (which is effectively what they were) that are not French-bred (French breds are typically early maturers) have a terrible record.

WINNERS ONLY vs WINNERS & NEAR-MISSERS MODELS

Conventional "winner-only" trend models didn't do well - winner too old and 3rd too much weight - and my own version used as a cross-reference didn't help my final selections but only a minor tweak has been needed to my original (winners & <4L places) model, which had predicted thus:

1. FIREBIRD FLYER, WOODFORD COUNTY
    2. SHOTGUN PADDY, CHASE THE SPUD
    3. BENVOLIO, BOB FORD, MOUNTAINOUS, SAROQUE, TOUR DES CHAMPS

All the front 5 + late faller Bob Ford rated in these top 9 and FF closing down the winner fast at the line.
    Model's had the necessary two minor tweaks (Mountainous age penalty removed because of low weight and previous WN win at higher OR / WC penalised for 5lb claiming jockey - only one claimer [Brian Crowley -3lbs on Jocks Cross in 2000] has won or been a near-misser in WN - should have spotted that beforehand).
    Ready to roll once again in December - one better next time :smiley:
  • Options
    Cheers Peanuts. Portrait King didn't quite make it but Paddy paid out on Firebird and Woodford so I finished £50 up. That said, I probably drank it before kick off on Saturday. Pretty sure Roger Johnson was in the pub from 10am with me!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Nice one TelMc. PK ran well for a long way and got a bit interferred with. He and Chase The Spud both got disadvantaged early.
    Doesn't look like he'll be rated high enough to have another crack at the GN but he'll be a bloody good shout in the Eider, if he's OK, now he's back down to his winning mark.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    2018/19 Welsh Grand National - Thursday 27th December 2018 @ Chepstow: ....................searching for Peanuts :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

2018 Welsh Grand National - Thursday 27th December 2018 @ Chepstow: ....................searching for Peanuts :cold_sweat:

Dawson city was his early pick.
    Think it’s on the grand national 2019 thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!