Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC, CASTrust, Duchatelet & Meire - Now is the time.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the thoughtful and equally respectful response @PragueAddick
  • Options
    Prague. I'm glad that there is a recognition that the mood has changed even quite recently. I feel completely confident in what you guys are doing. Thank you for such an open reply.
  • Options
    Has this just been ratcheted up a notch after Katriens Summit interview ?
  • Options
    We've managed to agree out statement now and get it up before the break

http://www.castrust.org/2015/12/447270/

BTW some people reported problems with the site, but @rikofold who is at work today has managed to fix it, so please try again if you had problems earlier
  • Options

BTW some people reported problems with the site, but @rikofold who is at work today has managed to fix it, so please try again if you had problems earlier

Good and accurate write up but it still doesn't explain what the trusts next course of action is going to be.
  • Options
    The statement is a very good one.
    It ends with 'we need it now'. However the next statement, which I suggest ought to come out very soon, ought to end with the same words with the addition of 'or else'.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The statement is a very good one.
    It ends with 'we need it now'. However the next statement, which I suggest ought to come out very soon, ought to end with the same words with the addition of 'or else'.

Agreed, more as a rallying call to supporters as I don't think KM and RD care other than avoiding embarrassment.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    A welcome communication, but more needs to be done (in the New Year) to consult the Trust membership, its not a survey now its a consultation - very important distinction.

This is also not back to the Valley, its far less black and white - forgive the irony. Its a harder issue because it causes apathy rather than action, altho there are some similarities, those who care (which includes Trust and others) cannot rest and expect forces of old to pick up the pieces afterwards, it may be too late to save the patient by then.

The Trust must make a judgement and soon. It must steer the agenda with the club with a timetable, this cannot be allowed to dally any longer the way it has.

(Edited: because all of us need to step back and enjoy xmas, want to make that clear, am also not criticising intentionally, very hard job, unpaid and people have lives, and theTB do a Sterling job of it)
  • Options
    as someone once said.....

There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus -- and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it -- that unless you're free the machine will be prevented from working at all!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

I think Katrien clarifying (to an extent) what the strategy is and how she perceives the fans may explain her lack of engagement despite a genuinely superhuman amount of encouragement from the Trust. Personally not sure if it's even worth trying anymore.

You need to pour yourself another drink, take the weekend of, and take some time to reflect.
    CAFC is in your DNA mate, keep the faith, .......only a fool does not question there faith at times.

• Options
    To add to @PragueAddick's comments, it seems to me that right now there are two channels of influence active: the external influence of protests, and the internal one of dialogue. The former have taken good shape thanks to @Airman Brown and @Addickted2TheReds, and the Trust are leading on the latter.

It strikes me that people are asking the Trust to take action not only already being capably addressed by other supporters but which will almost certainly result in us halving those channels available to us. That seems foolish to me.

It would be different perhaps if no protest action was being organised - and the club is well aware we back the b&w campaign (not least because its objectives are very close to those that arose from the Woolwich meeting).

Anyway, our statement yesterday makes clear that far from waiting for January to end we're working throughout to try to get the club to do things in a timely manner. There is some reality about the availability of senior club staff during a transfer window though.

I do observe that some of the criticism is from people who are not only not members of the Trust but who have previously expressed their view we shouldn't even exist. For those then to effectively blame us for supporter inaction is a little hard to swallow, especially when we've been active on this very issue for over a year, whilst the same fans were telling us we were interfering busybodies creating an imaginary threat to bolster our numbers.

Ho hum. Merry Christmas :smile:
  • Options

Its a good statement that starts to reflect the Trust members hardening of attitude towards the owners. It recognises that the ultimate power to improve the situation or not is the club itself. After Katrien Meire's interview, she does make it pretty clear where she stands on supporters and strategy and whether we have any standing to express an opinion at alll. It will be very surprising to see anything different. Still, it is good to see what January 16 transfer window brings before jumping into the deep end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The point is not whether both are advanced in their effect, but more that they are available to us. We may or may not agree on the opportunity talking offers us, but why abandon it to leave ourselves just one option of something that may or may not be effective? It's only a few weeks ago people are saying the club would never talk to the Supporters' Trust, now they are we're being told to abandon it?

I really don't get the clamour for the Trust to do everything, unless it's simply that others can't be arsed.

Anyway, my main point about the naysayers wasn't a dump of emotions but to point out we've taken a long term view even for those who not only disbelieve but would have us abandon our approach at the beginning of the year. Now those same people are saying we should abandon our approach again because they now see what we were saying and want a fight. I'd ask you all to trust us. If the club abandons its commitments to us all, then they will have closed down one option, but at of today I don't get see how we gain from reducing our options.
  • Options

rikofold said:

To add to @PragueAddick's comments, it seems to me that right now there are two channels of influence active: the external influence of protests, and the internal one of dialogue. The former have taken good shape thanks to @Airman Brown and @Addickted2TheReds, and the Trust are leading on the latter.

It strikes me that people are asking the Trust to take action not only already being capably addressed by other supporters but which will almost certainly result in us halving those channels available to us. That seems foolish to me.

It would be different perhaps if no protest action was being organised - and the club is well aware we back the b&w campaign (not least because its objectives are very close to those that arose from the Woolwich meeting).

Anyway, our statement yesterday makes clear that far from waiting for January to end we're working throughout to try to get the club to do things in a timely manner. There is some reality about the availability of senior club staff during a transfer window though.

I do observe that some of the criticism is from people who are not only not members of the Trust but who have previously expressed their view we shouldn't even exist. For those then to effectively blame us for supporter inaction is a little hard to swallow, especially when we've been active on this very issue for over a year, whilst the same fans were telling us we were interfering busybodies creating an imaginary threat to bolster our numbers.

Just when I thought then Trust had finally got it they come out with this.

There is no similarity with what Spell it out are asking for and the outcome of the Woolwich meeting.

SIO has clear specific, timebound outcomes. The Woolwich meeting had a vague wish for more dialogue.

Now the Trust is trying to say "you lot carry on protesting and we'll pick up the dialogue and have our meeting with KM off the back of it".

Please get off the fence, not as individuals but as a board.

Stop asking for vague outcomes. Demand specific, timed actions from the club.

The few very small wins for the fans have come as a result of the car park protests and the 2%/SIO.

Ask for more and better players, ask KM to explain her remarks on the video, criticise the format and make up of the T20k group, demand a better manager, better comminication, state what action you will take if and when these things don't happen be it marches, protests, media campaigns, boycotts, complaints to governing bodies, etc etc etc etc. You Could even offer your help as a trust giving out sone black and white scarves before Wolves. You have a stall why not use it for something useful?

I'm guessing you are going to say we support the scarves, we need to wait, we need another survey, we need to leave the door open.

No, you need to act.
    " Any popcorn left love? Ok. Twiglets will have to do"

:-)
  • Options
    I endorse the action to seek meaningful dialogue but let's be honest here, it has hardly been forthcoming from the club with any meaningful action has it?

At what point would the trust board think that the time has come for another course of action?
  • Options
    What more can they do to us that they haven't already started?

It's been too easy for them for the simple reason that most of us are reasonable people.

This situation is no longer, and perhaps never was, reasonable.

We need to make it difficult for them to pursue their current strategy ...they want to change the rest of the league to their point of view which is laughable inasmuch as it is unachievable.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Just when I thought then Trust had finally got it they come out with this.

There is no similarity with what Spell it out are asking for and the outcome of the Woolwich meeting.

SIO has clear specific, timebound outcomes. The Woolwich meeting had a vague wish for more dialogue.

Now the Trust is trying to say "you lot carry on protesting and we'll pick up the dialogue and have our meeting with KM off the back of it".

Please get off the fence, not as individuals but as a board.

Stop asking for vague outcomes. Demand specific, timed actions from the club.

The few very small wins for the fans have come as a result of the car park protests and the 2%/SIO.

Ask for more and better players, ask KM to explain her remarks on the video, criticise the format and make up of the T20k group, demand a better manager, better comminication, state what action you will take if and when these things don't happen be it marches, protests, media campaigns, boycotts, complaints to governing bodies, etc etc etc etc. You Could even offer your help as a trust giving out sone black and white scarves before Wolves. You have a stall why not use it for something useful?

I'm guessing you are going to say we support the scarves, we need to wait, we need another survey, we need to leave the door open.

No, you need to act.
    Wow.

Were hardly on the fence. We've stated very clearly which direction we're going to lead in, long before protests started, and it's that for which you're criticising us. You might find more similarities with B&W were you to read our statements and reports from q1 this year.

There is no good reason why we should throw away one of just two channels open to us when you - well Joe, and Rick - are doing a perfectly fine job in my view of the other.

The thing is Henry you and others want your cake and eat it. Quick to criticise, slow to give credit, you don't want to join the Trust but you're quite happy to believe you should have more influence on our decisions than our members.

Our position is quite clear, as per Steve's statement on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas. X