Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordanian billionaire Hasan Abdullah Ismaik considering buying Premier League or Championship club

Comments

• Options
    I have a feeling that we would be waaaaay down on this gents list of clubs to buy.We could send a begging e-mail.

• Options
    NO CHANCE
  • Options
    braydex said:

I've just been reading this and thought about posting it on here and asking fans to bombard the Jordanian with begging letters and e-mails!!!

I will personally be tracking him down on 'linkedin' to ask him to consider buying us and appointing Jose as our new manager.

This should be the Trust's sole objective for the next few months! Get this bloke in and RD out! :wink:
  • Options
    Talking about Jose - i wonder if he might consider coming to Charlton......... as owner?
    When you think about it, he must have a few bob, and could get backers - he lives in London, we would be perfect for him to build something and make big.
  • Options

Talking about Jose - i wonder if he might consider coming to Charlton......... as owner?
    When you think about it, he must have a few bob, and could get backers - he lives in London, we would be perfect for him to build something and make big.

I'll take that.....bombard the Special One with begging letters and e-mails!!! He can be owner/manager. Keeps it simple.
  • Options
    i would welcome the billionaire.
  • Options
    Ismaik is currently the majority shareholder of the German club 1860 Munich but has grown frustrated by the rules which, he said, prevent him from assuming full control and investing the way he wants to gain promotion to the Bundesliga.
    Another network!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Ismaik is currently the majority shareholder of the German club 1860 Munich but has grown frustrated by the rules which, he said, prevent him from assuming full control and investing the way he wants to gain promotion to the Bundesliga.
    Another network!

But if you are going to be stuck in a network, is it better to be stuck in one with a German 2nd Division team, with a Billionaire owner hoping to get to the premier league or a Belgium who collects crap teams from around Europe in the hope of earning himself a few extra quid at the expense of those teams league positions, history and fan's loyalty, whilst not spending any money and selling off and letting out parts of the various stadiums?

I know which network I would prefer to be in right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'd be more interested in Fleet Badgers
  • Options
    As if.
  • Options
    Ismaik is the CEO of Arabtec Construction. I'm sure we would bombard their e-mail addresses and hope he gets them :smile:
  • Options

Is this a job for Ackworth.... He likes to contact potential investors?

He is the man, that is for sure. Let's club together for the air fare and tell him to beg, beg and beg.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Another takeover thread
    Maybe its why Roly has been so tight on the old purse strings?
    Please , please Hasan , get us of this...
  • Options
    Schools broken up then.
    Jesus some of the comments and ideas.
  • Options
    He talks of "...the fans and the experience of being at the stadium and having fun - and the history also..."

We don't have any fun at the moment and, according to Katrien, no history either!!

I suspect that rules us out completely!! :neutral:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

He talks of "...the fans and the experience of being at the stadium and having fun - and the history also..."

We don't have any fun at the moment and, according to Katrien, no history either!!

I suspect that rules us out completely!! :neutral:

You're probably right Tel, just as well most of us have got a sense of humour and this site to vent our spleens on, otherwise we'd all loose the will to live :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    braydex said:

Scoham said:

Another network!
    But if you are going to be stuck in a network, is it better to be stuck in one with a German 2nd Division team, with a Billionaire owner hoping to get to the premier league or a Belgium who collects crap teams from around Europe in the hope of earning himself a few extra quid at the expense of those teams league positions, history and fan's loyalty, whilst not spending any money and selling off and letting out parts of the various stadiums?

I know which network I would prefer to be in right now.

1860 Munich are in the same position as us - 2nd from bottom in the 2nd tier.

They're in a worse position actually - 6 points away from safety
  • Options
    So a billionaire who did all of his due diligence on a German team. Spent a ton of money on them THEN realised he only had 49% of the voting rights and now wants out with the team 2nd bottom.

Lack of due diligence sounds like this is the sort of chap TJ and MS should have found to buy the club last time around!

These stories pop up every so often and most of the time nothing materialises much like the Nigerian chap a month or two back.

• Options
    Have to question why he is frustrated by not being able to invest in the way he wants by the fans due to the 51% rule, surely they would have no problem if he wanted to invest in giving them a top class squad of players.

Not that it will happen anyway.
  • Options

I have a feeling that we would be waaaaay down on this gents list of clubs to buy.We could send a begging e-mail.

What's not to like ?

The biggest London based club outside the Prem.

Add that special, non Flemish word "potential".

Maybe me & Curb_it should pay him a visit......

:wink:

• Options
    PPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Can never understand why these super rich supposedly astute business men are prepared to spend hundreds of millions on acquiring Premiership clubs, yet overlook clubs like us who could be picked up for a song. They could spend 10 -20 million on good players and a decent manager and most likely be in the Premiership very quickly.
  • Options
    Indeed, why spend £200 million on Everton when you could get Charlton for a fraction of that.
  • Options

Have to question why he is frustrated by not being able to invest in the way he wants by the fans due to the 51% rule, surely they would have no problem if he wanted to invest in giving them a top class squad of players.

Not that it will happen anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. Clearly we are seeing one side of the story. I would be interested to know the details of any plans he may have. Surely if the plans are credible, the 51% will back them?