Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordanian billionaire Hasan Abdullah Ismaik considering buying Premier League or Championship club

2»

Comments

• Options

Can never understand why these super rich supposedly astute business men are prepared to spend hundreds of millions on acquiring Premiership clubs, yet overlook clubs like us who could be picked up for a song. They could spend 10 -20 million on good players and a decent manager and most likely be in the Premiership very quickly.

A lot of people have that idea as well, some get it right eventually (e.g. Leicester) but can take time (e.g. Derby)

On the flip side, spending a fortune on a PL team can be a risk as well. For example, you have the guy who spent a fortune to buy Fulham, only for them to be relegated

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/lookalikes/170172/shit-lookalikes-shahid-khan-new-fulham-owner-ron-jeremy.html
    And now a transfer embargo
  • Options
    So we dont like / want Roland cos he dont care about Charlton, now this Jordanian bloke wants to buy a Championship club and were all hoping its us he wants!!

Its like saying Hitler is a maniac lets swap him for Musollini
  • Options

Can never understand why these super rich supposedly astute business men are prepared to spend hundreds of millions on acquiring Premiership clubs, yet overlook clubs like us who could be picked up for a song. They could spend 10 -20 million on good players and a decent manager and most likely be in the Premiership very quickly.

A lot of people have that idea as well, some get it right eventually (e.g. Leicester) but can take time (e.g. Derby)

On the flip side, spending a fortune on a PL team can be a risk as well. For example, you have the guy who spent a fortune to buy Fulham, only for them to be relegated

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/lookalikes/170172/shit-lookalikes-shahid-khan-new-fulham-owner-ron-jeremy.html
    Ron Jeremy would do a better job than Roly Douchebag
  • Options
    We are stuck with Roly. I'm sure he sees us as a long term project.
  • Options
    Realistically how much longer has Roland got left? Don't know if he has enough time for a 'long term project'
  • Options
    braydex said:

I've just been reading this and thought about posting it on here and asking fans to bombard the Jordanian with begging letters and e-mails!!!

I will personally be tracking him down on 'linkedin' to ask him to consider buying us and appointing Jose as our new manager.

Mourinho I hope.
  • Options

So we dont like / want Roland cos he dont care about Charlton, now this Jordanian bloke wants to buy a Championship club and were all hoping its us he wants!!

Its like saying Hitler is a maniac lets swap him for Musollini

Quite so. What we really need is a consortium of wealthy people who are Charlton fans first and foremost. But do such people exist?
  • Options
    I am probably incredibly ignorant but know nothing of this Jordanian bloke.

Is he fit and proper and I mean really rather than in a Blatter sense!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Made his billion through Arabtec, a construction company operating primarily in the UAE (based on Wiki entry)

IA jumps to conclusion

Slave labour. No thank you.

There was a Panorama documentary about the poor conditions in which the workers had to live.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

LenGlover said:

Made his billion through Arabtec, a construction company operating primarily in the UAE (based on Wiki entry)

IA jumps to conclusion

There was a Panorama documentary about the poor conditions in which the workers had to live.
    It's a fair point. Are there any ethical billionaire's out there!?!?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/05/201352375248751541.html
  • Options
    Ethical practises and billionaires rarely go together. Would an Abramovich type character be OK? Charlton fans always find something to moan about. Unbelievable. This guy is never going to buy Charlton.
  • Options

Nah, the cocks ups would be huge!
  • Options
    If Roly was to sell up, most of you lot would have nothing to post on here!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

If Roly was to sell up, most of you lot would have nothing to post on here!

Great, bring it on, I can then get my life back :wink:
  • Options

Ron Jeremy would do a better job than Roly Douchebag

He'd have no trouble keeping us up!
  • Options
    Surely it'll be West Ham as they have the Olympic stadium and potential to grow.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    IA said:

LenGlover said:

IA jumps to conclusion

If the Guardian made football clubs...