Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should Morgan Fox Be Playing In Central Defence Instead?

I thought Morgan was one of many players that played below par yesterday, and as many have previously alluded thought his long term future may be in central defence.

Is now the time to play him alongside Harry Lennon in central defence, where a lack of pace catches Morgan out frequently playing in the full back position..

Diarra could be out for a while , looking at him hobbling off the pitch yesterday, I'm not too sure that Sarr is ready for first team football, and could be destroyed if Benik Afobe plays for Wolves, so could we have Fox at centre half,, alongside Lennon, and Holmes Dennis at left back, if Bauer is out of the frame.

Crazy idea, or worth a punt?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks , I'm not gonna sleep well tonight , I'll be having nightmares of Fox and anyone as centre backs
  • Options
    Has anyone actually seen him play at centre back?
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Has anyone actually seen him play at centre back?

Yes i have seen him for the U18s and U21s. He looks more comfortable than at Left back.

• Options
    They are both predominantly left footed so one will be on his "wrong" side.
    They are both young and comparatively inexperienced and would exposed to a critical position without a steadying hand alongside.
    Fox's confidence is crushed, Lennon's probably just a matter of time.
    One or both could be destroyed for good in our current predicament.
    So, no! ;-)
  • Options
    Morgan Fox should be playing in Central........... America
  • Options
    Morgan fox should be playing left outside.
  • Options
    True fans you lot.
  • Options
    this has been mentioned before by me and others .. he's 6' 1" .. now an experienced first teamer with over 60 games under his belt .. he's quite brave and aggressive & decent in the air .. he'd do well as a second centre back, rather as Francis the ex fans favourite ((:>) lol, has been converted by Eddie Howe from a decent full back to a VERY good central one ..

modern full backs need to be supple, fast and versatile, able to cross accurately, they need the talents of an old style winger as well as a defender .. full back nowadays is quite a difficult position alas Fox has none of these attributes, though he is quite quick .. what he does have (as above) are traits more associated with centre backs .. I can see him alongside Bauer .. doubt it will happen though .. Sarr and Lennon as well as Bauer are probably more in the manager's mind as central defenders right now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

True fans you lot.

Were you at Bristol yesterday ?
  • Options
    No, he should not be playing at all
  • Options

iamdan said:

True fans you lot.

Yes, was you?

• Options
    iamdan said:

iamdan said:

True fans you lot.

Yes, was you?

Yes, thats why i dont want him near a Charlton shirt again.!
  • Options
    Fox shouldnt be playing football at all
  • Options

iamdan said:

iamdan said:

True fans you lot.

Yes, was you?

Yes, thats why i dont want him near a Charlton shirt again.!

I'll report back when we start hammering Harry Lennon or Ade Lookman.
  • Options
    I think Karel could be missing a trick here, and it could be the making of Morgan, not sure KF has got the balls to do it, Euellie might.
  • Options
    Yer you do that and take fox with you
  • Options
    He's a natural centre back I always thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For Man United.
  • Options
    worth a try
  • Options
    WSS said:

Morgan Fox is a fine left back who has been left horribly exposed all season by the fact that:

1. We have not had anyone on the left wing
    2. When we do it is a converted 18 year old striker

He has been overrun and overloaded all season. Has he been any worse than Chris Solly?

True Charlton scapegoat.

Solly has been utter junk as well but he has some credit in the bank

If Fox is playing Championship football as a regular starter in a years time then I'll concede that he is not the next grant Basey that I see him as
  • Options
    Fox plays left back like a centre back i.e. Hasn't a clue half the time and just hoofs it upfield.
    Could be converted to CB but only alongside Diarra or Bauer. Could even be the making of him ala Peter Shaw in 70/80s who became so inept at Right Back he was booed (sometimes worse) constantly, only to switch to CB and become a hero.
    Worth a try as I think his confidence at LB is beyond repair and also that THD is so superior in that position
  • Options
    Fox can't pass the ball, can't move and is hopeless when the opposition midfielder drags the ball across his side side. Apart from that, he'd make a good centre half
  • Options
    Henderson
    Solly Sarr Lennon Fox THD
    Jackson Cousins
    Reza Makienok Lookman

523 turning into a 343 when we attack, probably the best way to play as we'd need more defenders on the pitch, the problem then is Konsa and Charles-Cook would be the cover on the bench, with Diarra and Bauer both out
  • Options
    Fox at present is too lightweight to be a CB in this physical league, even forgiving his defensive frailties. Expect Konsa to get gametime soon (next match if Alou and Bauer crocked) and even stay aways like me will be impressed. Could be bigger than Lookman.
  • Options
    If the answer is Mak, what is the question? Offers no goal threat. Unlike some I'd not even welcome Yann back (unless converted to mf) because the brief glimpses of sunlight have been our pacy forwards and THD, Ba breaking forward and stretching the big tough defenders in our league. Igor back in the mix soon? Harriott? Bulot not getting games. Pace is the answer. Watt would help if we had a people manger rather than a yes man. Sure JBG and JJ had a hand in his departure but I know who I'd prefer in starting 11.