Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch Invasion

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm getting to the point where I'd probably consider it.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I only once ever "invaded" the pitch at the Valley. When Cliff Durandt scored a last minute winner against Southampton in the last but one match of the 62/3 season. The win kept us in with a chance of avoiding the drop going into the last game at Walsall.
    As I clambered back over the wall to the terrace behind the goal at the covered end a copper come over, clipped me round the ear and told me to "bugger off home son"

Happy days.

Hadn't signed Durrandt that long from Wolves IIRC, banana shot I was led to believe @mistrollingin . Never saw it because I was down by the level crossing when the roar went up, Dad had dragged me out saying something like 'C'mon son that's our lot we're down I've had enough of this crap'. .............53 years on not much changes does it :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I only once ever "invaded" the pitch at the Valley. When Cliff Durandt scored a last minute winner against Southampton in the last but one match of the 62/3 season. The win kept us in with a chance of avoiding the drop going into the last game at Walsall.
    As I clambered back over the wall to the terrace behind the goal at the covered end a copper come over, clipped me round the ear and told me to "bugger off home son"

Happy days.

Hadn't signed Durrandt that long from Wolves IIRC, banana shot I was led to believe @mistrollingin . Never saw it because I was down by the level crossing when the roar went up, Dad had dragged me out saying something like 'C'mon son that's our lot we're down I've had enough of this crap'. .............53 years on not much changes does it :wink:
    Only difference Red is back then we had a very good manager, Frank "Tiger" Hill and 11 players who gave their lot for 90 minutes every week.
  • Options
    Support the Black and white the stay behind idea is the best one on mass it costs Rd money and will see if km can manage the situation as it unfolds, Rd will want it closed down quickly and there will be no way of removing anyone,

If you enter the field of play its illegal and you can be forcebly removed by ob and arrested,

Stay behind wear black and white and suport each other dont get segregated by personal opinions over Internet arguments, reume that shit once you have left the ground and have caused them distress
  • Options

cafctom said:

When you say "we" who do you mean?

Change the record mate.
    No thanks, I like this one.

If people have an idea then own it, say "I" don't hide behind "we" waiting for someone else to take the lead.

And I'm not your mate, chum.
    Well obviously when i said we i was referring to other fans ! I wouldn't hav much impact running on the pitch alone !
  • Options

Some fit youngsters should blag a spot on the sofa. Dressed as Pinocchio they should run on the pitch at half time and try to evade the stewards as long as possible.

Are there any strings attached to this protest.
    Don't get involved in that stuff mate you'll get a ban, I'd keep my nose out if I were you :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Look if you are going on the pitch to protest , at least do it properly, wear a mankini, proper Charlton.
  • Options

Look if you are going on the pitch to protest , at least do it properly, wear a mankini, proper Charlton.

fattmatt said:

I'm getting to the point where I'd probably consider it.

Black Mankini with a big white belly Matt.
  • Options
    I'm actually for this idea if I'm honest but obviously need100s of bods to do it properly of which I don't think will happen and organising it on here is the last place I'd consider organising it!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There does not have to be an actual pitch invasion, just a plan for a pitch invasion, and then a massive load of Roland's money spent on a great big standoff between expensive stewards and our support gathered down by the fences.
    Couple this with a mass purchase of tickets in the centre of the West Lower (could we do a transfer there on our current tickets?) to let the dug-out and the Directors Box learn a few home truths.
    There would have to be a surreptitious plan regarding the West Lower because the club would get wise to us, the customers/supporters/enemy and try to prevent an unusual surge in demand, but it could certainly be done.
    Especially if you say you're a Bournemouth supporter when you try to buy your seat.

It is kind of a good point. Start a rumour of a mass pitch invasion every single game, maybe send a couple of "you better watch out this Saturday because there will be 2% of the Charlton fans storming the pitch" and that will cost a few grand every game. Then sit back and read our train timetables and eat our prawn sandwiches whist reading the Guardian and giggling at our middle class naughtiness.
  • Options
    I'm with you on the Guardian and train timetables, being a middle class (now) gay whales against racism kind of bloke, but not the prawn sandwiches, sorry.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I'm with you on the Guardian and train timetables, being a middle class (now) gay whales against racism kind of bloke, but not the prawn sandwiches, sorry.

Like I said, it is actually one of the best ideas I have seen so far. It causes more disruption than anything else I have seen, without any kind of real malevolence about it, which we would never have the appetite for here.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Potential life ban from Charlton??? Sounds great!!

If they really wanted to act decisively against people who took part in this and send a clear warning to the others then the punishment would be a free season ticket.
  • Options
    All for protests of any kind but a pitch invasion would result in bans, and as it would clearly on be a few hundred at best it would play into the dreadful Miere's hands as it would allow her to say that again a small minority are protesting while the majority are almost beside themselves with happiness at her antics.
  • Options
    Fuck the bans no one will get banned, but the one thing it does is give them the ability to control how long the protest goes on for, if its fans who wish to conduct the protest then its fans who need to dictate how it plays out not the Club
  • Options
    mogodon said:

All for protests of any kind but a pitch invasion would result in bans, and as it would clearly on be a few hundred at best it would play into the dreadful Miere's hands as it would allow her to say that again a small minority are protesting while the majority are almost beside themselves with happiness at her antics.

prosecution, fines and bans from all grounds. A criminal record causes all sorts of problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It may sound lamb, but how about handing out Black or White balloons for everyone to individually blow up and release at kick off in the stands. with a simultaneous release plan at kick-off and over the course of first 5-10 minutes surely a few hundred could get blown around and work their way onto the pitch and cause chaos. Nobody is going to be arrested for a balloon and the potential disruption of hundreds could be as significant as a pitch invasion and also keep the B & W theme going. The media may also pick up on this one too.
  • Options
    We didn't run on the pitch when we won the league, think this 'invasion' idea should be put to bed!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

We didn't run on the pitch when we won the league, think this 'invasion' idea should be put to bed!

I seem to remember quite a few people on the pitch at Carlisle, but after winning the league and at the presentation end of season game against Hartlepool there were distinct requests from the club to stay off the pitch after the game.

This however is no celebration and the purpose of a protest is to draw attention to a saddening issue, but pitch encroachment could result in banning orders which would be playing into RD and KM's hands. They may well want to use the law to keep out the vocal and proactive protesters, so I believe staying off the pitch if avoidable is a better option. A rolling roadblock to prevent the oppo team getting to the ground could be fun, if 1000 fans cars were to converge on the streets around the ground prior to their coach arrival, with a rolling road block, it could be funny seeing them get out of their coach and walk to the ground.