Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Web Summit Video - Shareable Edits

While many of us have watched the full 20 minute video of the Web Summit panel, the length of the video means that it's highly unlikely that it's been shared and watched across the wider fanbase.

I think it's important that everyone gets to hear what Katrien thinks of us and the future of the club in her own words, so I've made a couple of brief videos of two of the key points of the talk. One is 30 seconds and the other just over a minute, so perfect for sharing on social media etc.

I've deliberately not placed any comment or opinion on the videos themselves, or the associated YouTube pages, so that viewers can draw their own conclusions... after all I think she does a pretty good job of damning herself with her own words. The two statements I've chosen are in my opinion the most important to get out there, and don't require context when watched in isolation.

Any assistance sharing these across Facebook, Twitter, etc. would be great. Not only will more fans be informed of Katrien's opinions before Saturday, but hopefully media outlets and journalists will be more likely to click through and watch a viral-friendly video like this too.

Video 1 - Matchday Proposition
https://youtu.be/kgtOexcktRM

Video 2 - Our Club
https://youtu.be/GGCeoxawIwE

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for this - very handy.
  • Options
    Excellent work, well done!
  • Options
    The woman's lost the plot completely !!!
  • Options
    Brilliant. Well done.
  • Options
    This is a great bit of work. It is ironically taken out of context, but surprisingly sums up the context of this regimes attitude to Charlton Athletic if that doesn't sound too 'weird'.
    Many thanks LFE.
  • Options
    Shared on the @CAFCBlackNWhite Twitter account.
  • Options
    Great work LFE.
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Options
    Thanks all

If anyone could share on the Facebook group that would be great. (I don't post on there)

We're up to 68 and 42 views on the videos already which isn't too shabby for just over half an hour!

I hope Katrien appreciates us helping her message get heard!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish she would just f**k off.
  • Options
    Couldn't we organise and film our own CL web summit where we slag her off!
  • Options
    Great idea but one thing to consider; the majority of viewers don't get beyond five seconds of a video. Therefore you need to get your hooks in as soon as possible.

• Options
    That shouldn't be too hard
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    JiMMy 85 said:

Great idea but one thing to consider; the majority of viewers don't get beyond five seconds of a video. Therefore you need to get your hooks in as soon as possible.

Cheers, that's true and I did consider this, but without the opening slate I wasn't sure what context there would be for the viewers... although since uploading and using a custom thumbnail I suppose that I could have just relied on that instead to convey that side of things.

I may do another edit later and update YouTube then.

EDIT: Videos now trimmed so they dive straight into the "action"...
  • Options
    Shared on facebook.
  • Options
    You're a star LFE
  • Options
    129 and 107 views respectively - hopefully these will keep getting shared between now and 5pm Saturday!

Maybe the SLP or Newshopper will embed one or both of them to a story tomorrow?

Could be good clickbait for one of the nationals too - while I doubt little old us would merit much printed column space right now hopefully one of their clickbait-hungry websites might pick it up. I've emailed the Mirror Online and will try a few more in the morning...
  • Options
    These videos confirm that she sees the fans as the same as customers making a decision over what restaurant or cinema they like.

The funny thing is that she has been lucky that football fans generally aren't like that - it is actually a bonus to a football club owner, not a hindrance as she seems to be implying.

Surely there is nothing more needed to add to the argument against attending any more matches. Do as you would if the food in a restaurant were awful - don't go anymore. Let the pretty witch eat her own words.

And when she comes out of the match she'll find an angry mob taunting her and criticising her in the same way she does the fans on TV.

Let her know whose f******g club it really is. It's got nothing to do with shareholders - actually some of us were shareholders and had them written off recently..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    No plans to try and get into the premiership then! Just bring academy players into the first team and sell them on enjoying them while we can. She really doesn't understand the passion of football fans comparing us to restaurant clientele. Wow if that is your plan why would you make that public. How stupid is this woman? There are some things as a CEO you need to keep to yourself. I am more worried than ever after seeing that. CAFC - Crewe Alexandra Football Club. Selling your best young players!
  • Options
    If she were a restaurant owner, presumably you would get 14 chips for £25. Consume seven of them, regurgitate those seven, and packaged with the remaining seven Katrien can sell the result on to Claridges for £500 per portion as local artisan chips.
    Win Win, we get to eat the chips before the nobs up town, and Roland makes £475 per go, minus tax and usual expenses.
  • Options
    Where and what was this Web Summit ? What audeince was she talking to?
  • Options
    Thanks for that.

She can hardly contain herself as she spouts out her contempt for the fans customers.
  • Options
    She literally just doesn't get it.

They need to go now.

I'll do whatever it takes to help get rid of them.
  • Options
    RD has to be truly mad.... surely ... he has instilled hatred and anger from a great club in Belgium and basically wrecked it ... and now he is trying to do the same for us...

he needs to see a shrink... there has to be some deep seated historical issues that has resulted in him trying to take one of the most emotional experiences you can get in life, and try and drain all the emotion out to make it a business devoid of personal attachment... like a restaurant... lol... sooooooo out of touch...

I'm not even angry anymore, I feel sorry for these people...

A new broom will sweep these away ... it has to...

By everything that is right in the world....
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Jesus H.... she is clueless about what football means to a fan. She has truly damned herself with us. Along with emailgate I am not sure who was more stupid, her or the Silent Bomber from Reading.
  • Options
    How many restaurant /cinema goers go every other week to a Toby /Odeon where they have had a bad experience that takes them 5 hours to get too
  • Options
    I have watched the whole video already but still i keep playing these two clips and thinking did she really just say that? Unbelievable Jeff.
    If that does not make everyone stand up and sing Saturday and wear their black and white scarfs i do not know what will.
    Perhaps everyone should swing the scarfs around their heads when singing to make the black and white theme even more prominent.
  • Options
    I do wonder if her command of the language, or lack, of it compounds things sometimes. I also wonder if she isn't skiving her way through the job, involving herself in the fun bits but neglecting the day to day. Whatever, she is so far out of her depth in this role, she is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean! If RD lets her get on with it, only involving himself from time to time, it would explain a lot.