Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Web Summit Video - Shareable Edits

2»

Comments

• Options
    My tweet on this was seen by just under 6,000 people.

Hopefully there was a good conversion to views for you mate.
  • Options
    I think she's saying this stuff because she's getting abuse. Her comments were a bit of a whinge about the fans, the hindrance is the complaint emails that distract her from not doing anything else.

I am not sure she's saying "these fans are idiots, they don't realise a football club is just like a supermarket" as much as she's saying "they have a different connection to a football club, even though it's a business like everything else, and I am getting that passion in the neck."

Not defending her, I can't stand the woman, and she's deeply flawed in that position, but I am not convinced the comments are quite as bad as they seem.
  • Options
    If only she'd not described us as 'weird' in doing so. I've said before, she is responsible for the words that she uses. I'm not sure how quickly I'll forgive that her comments make Karren Brady look appealing in comparison.

I'm prepared to give her some benefit of the doubt only on the basis that her commitments to greater engagement with supporters came after that summit - perhaps Mr NASL talked some sense to her - but then actions speak louder than words and (i) a last minute change of plan on the Target 20k, and (ii) failing to yet commit to constituents or dates for the strategic advisory group don't fill me with confidence, to be frank.

The revelations from Liege in another thread is making it very hard to have any faith in this regime to be frank.
  • Options

My tweet on this was seen by just under 6,000 people.

Hopefully there was a good conversion to views for you mate.

883 views on the "Our Club" video and 308 on the "Matchday Proposition"... great stuff.

I'm glad I did this as comments I'm reading around various sites/Twitter etc show that some people are definitely seeing this for the first time... and the best thing of course is that she's spelling it out all in her own words.
  • Options
    The problem with this regime, is they can talk about us fans as much as they like, but they are a laughing stock in the boardrooms across the country.
  • Options
    ADMIN. WHY IS THIS MEMBERS ONLY ?

I'm trying to share this, but cant .
  • Options

I'm trying to share this, but cant .

Fixed it for you...
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I'm trying to share this, but can't .

Fixed it for you...
    And I've fixed it for you both before some lurking troll does :wink: . Sorry, I'll get my coat :blush:
  • Options

I do wonder if her command of the language, or lack, of it compounds things sometimes. I also wonder if she isn't skiving her way through the job, involving herself in the fun bits but neglecting the day to day. Whatever, she is so far out of her depth in this role, she is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean! If RD lets her get on with it, only involving himself from time to time, it would explain a lot.

Nothing wrong with her English, that cannot be fallen back on as misinterpretation etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I think she's saying this stuff because she's getting abuse. Her comments were a bit of a whinge about the fans, the hindrance is the complaint emails that distract her from not doing anything else.

I am not sure she's saying "these fans are idiots, they don't realise a football club is just like a supermarket" as much as she's saying "they have a different connection to a football club, even though it's a business like everything else, and I am getting that passion in the neck."

Not defending her, I can't stand the woman, and she's deeply flawed in that position, but I am not convinced the comments are quite as bad as they seem.

They are, coupled with filming protests, another show of disregard for the fans.
  • Options
    Fair play for this, LFE.

It must have been tempting to take the 'ownership' comments out of context but I think you have included the full quote in that video (I've not watched the other one).

I'm still 100% sure she's not saying football fans are weird. She's saying the situation is weird in comparison to other businesses. 'Unusual' would be more appropriate if she needed to make that point (which she didn't). Her spoken English is not strong enough to make this kind of point
  • Options
    Oh dear Katrien, you are without doubt the most naive CEO ever to have been placed in charge of the day to day running of a professional football club.
    Now you may think that I am "weird" for making that statement, but you have just ensured that I have absolutely no confidence in you to do your job for the good of "MY" football club and as sure as night follows day it is "MY" football club. It belongs to me and every other devotee who have invested their lives following Charlton Athletic.
    I now have zero respect for you. That fact will remain until you have exited the building and gone back to the fanciful land from whence you came. Please don't bother to say goodbye as it really hasn't been a pleasure meeting you
  • Options
    IA said:

Fair play for this, LFE.

It must have been tempting to take the 'ownership' comments out of context but I think you have included the full quote in that video (I've not watched the other one).

I'm still 100% sure she's not saying football fans are weird. She's saying the situation is weird in comparison to other businesses. 'Unusual' would be more appropriate if she needed to make that point (which she didn't). Her spoken English is not strong enough to make this kind of point

But we all know football is different from other "businesses". That can hardly be a shock to anyone connected to the sport and especially not someone who pretends to be running a professional football club.

It's that she still finds it weird and is stupid enough to say so in such a disparaging way, in public and on video that is, well, "weird"
  • Options
    The part where she states it's weird about fans blah blah blah... and that she thinks the people listening to this shit will be thinking "This is quite informative" Shows she's gone into a job having far less knowledge of football then you could possibly imagine. So embarrassing for our club.
    She doesn't know how/when to keep her trap shut.
    Lies a lot and always at the wrong times and too honest of her feelings other times.
    Complete tool, idiot.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The 'weird' thing is that she has professed to being a St Truiden fan for years ...yet she still doesn't get it.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

The 'weird' thing is that she has professed to being a St Truiden fan for years ...yet she still doesn't get it.

A 'Sky' fan possibly.

None of them get it either.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

A 'Sky' fan possibly.

None of them get it either.
    Mmm could be.
  • Options
    She's simply just weak.
  • Options
    Katrien wants to drive 'customers' away from all lounges and suites to make room for this traditional Belgian game, which is not weird in any way, oh no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_OGxW62Epw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So....in essence .... HER shareholders club (because as she so rightly says ...we are the just customers) have no intention of getting the team promoted. In actual fact, it would be far better all round, to be demoted to League 1 because the wage bill will reduce dramatically. She will then plough more money into the academy to prime the youngsters for selling on to the more worthy Premier or Championship clubs. That leaves 'US WEIRDOS/CUSTOMERS' to travel miles each week for 2nd rate slop they pass off as football, drink rubbish, overpriced coffee and extortionately priced food.... Eh no thanks... I'd rather sit in front of the TV watching Sky with a piece of toast ... cheaper, warmer and more satisfying ATM. Oh yes, just as a side... as a 'customer', if I get bad service or am unsatisfied with a product, I either get a refund or complain or both... That's how the majority of us 'weirdos' roll.
  • Options
    vanilla said:

So....in essence .... HER shareholders club (because as she so rightly says ...we are the just customers) have no intention of getting the team promoted. In actual fact, it would be far better all round, to be demoted to League 1 because the wage bill will reduce dramatically. She will then plough more money into the academy to prime the youngsters for selling on to the more worthy Premier or Championship clubs. That leaves 'US WEIRDOS/CUSTOMERS' to travel miles each week for 2nd rate slop they pass off as football, drink rubbish, overpriced coffee and extortionately priced food.... Eh no thanks... I'd rather sit in front of the TV watching Sky with a piece of toast ... cheaper, warmer and more satisfying ATM. Oh yes, just as a side... as a 'customer', if I get bad service or am unsatisfied with a product, I either get a refund or complain or both... That's how the majority of us 'weirdos' roll.

100%
  • Options

IA said:

Fair play for this, LFE.

But we all know football is different from other "businesses". That can hardly be a shock to anyone connected to the sport and especially not someone who pretends to be running a professional football club.

It's that she still finds it weird and is stupid enough to say so in such a disparaging way, in public and on video that is, well, "weird"
    I think you've rephrased what I said but in a way to make it seem like you're disagreeing.

Where she said "weird", she should have said "unusual". That's the kind of language difficulty that I've mentioned on here before. In any case, she is describing the situation, not the fans, as "weird".
  • Options

I have watched the whole video already but still i keep playing these two clips and thinking did she really just say that? Unbelievable Jeff.
    If that does not make everyone stand up and sing Saturday and wear their black and white scarfs i do not know what will.
    Perhaps everyone should swing the scarfs around their heads when singing to make the black and white theme even more prominent.

Err, I believe that idea's been suggested before, scabs ....

• Options
    IA said:

IA said:

Fair play for this, LFE.

I think you've rephrased what I said but in a way to make it seem like you're disagreeing.

Where she said "weird", she should have said "unusual". That's the kind of language difficulty that I've mentioned on here before. In any case, she is describing the situation, not the fans, as "weird".
    Incorruptible, why are you splitting hairs?
  • Options

IA said:

IA said:

Fair play for this, LFE.

Why start examining that interview in minute detail when for a huge number of fans, this was the defining point ?
    Em, because it's a defining point

I completely agree that she should stop talking about Charlton fans in interviews.

From the Web Summit video, I think the focus should be on the "vision", not the "weird".
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

IA said:

Fair play for this, LFE.

Why start examining that interview in minute detail when for a huge number of fans, this was the defining point ?
    Em, because it's a defining point

I completely agree that she should stop talking about Charlton fans in interviews.

From the Web Summit video, I think the focus should be on the "vision", not the "weird".
    I wonder what Meire thinks about how the cricket is getting on in South Africa.
  • Options
    I found this and perhaps the young lady (yes, that was meant to sound patronising) might care to have a read about what others think of Charlton supporters.
    Particularly the paragraph extracted I found quite poignant, perhaps it might explain why we think we might be able to contribute a bit more than she gives us credit for and why I believe there are people outside the club better equipped to do the day to day running than some of those in it.

"perhaps as a result of the fact that the club owes its life to the untiring efforts of its supporters while in exile."
    http://h2g2.com/approved_entry/A1091710
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    stonemuse said:

She supported St Truiden like Tony Blair supports Newcastle & David Cameron supports W Ham/A Villa.