Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Nottm Forest | Sat 02 Jan | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Another Fraeye inspired horror show. 0-3.
  • Options

1-2 loss, match thread from 1.45..will try and report if possible on the protests as well

Concentrate on the protests, it will be more entertaining.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options

Has there ever been a pre match summary predicting a Charlton defeat

Absolute nailed on away win

Nope because I always refuse to put a bet on a Charlton defeat so don't even like to think of a defeat for us (Despite it most likely happening)
  • Options
    Could be anything but forest are a better team that wolves in my view. 0-3. Some of the injured players dont seem to be too keen to get back.
  • Options
    Shock win,1-0, but...
  • Options

Shock win,1-0, but...

... we then play the second half
  • Options
    Sure we'll play outstanding football for 44 minutes then implode. Can't see anything but a 0-4 hammering. Think that clown KF is here for the duration though. Let's hope the protests are well supported!!!!
  • Options
    We'll lose no doubt
  • Options
    The only thing that you can safely predict is more Charlton injuries. To predict points for us you need a reason, and I can't think of one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the beginning of the season it was, "Charlton have not scored in the first 44 minutes" now it is "can Charlton last 44 minutes without a player going off injured?"
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I think we have been lulling the rest of this division into a false sense of security. We have great management and coaches, our players are well above average for this league and therefore I feel RD, like some great big cuddly Belgian Santa Claus will tell everyone in the know at midnight tonight to "take ze gloves ov, huh!"...

And if you believe that load of old bollocks then have I taught you nothing all these months?

0-3 to Forest

Happy New Year fellow Addicks!
  • Options
    1-2 Forest. Look forward to hearing how the protests go
  • Options
    About the team ; tariq must play left back; Makienok must not get onto the pitch; Jackson must start; these are the pre-requisites. We will lose anyway but will ship fewer goals this way and I won't feel as miserable . Bloody hell. It really has come to this.
  • Options
    We will win this

That is all.
  • Options
    Owners 0 - Fans 1
  • Options
    3-0 to Forest.... but the crowd are utterly united.... firmly behind Varney... the protests are a huge success causing real problems as the car Park isnt really big enough... and the message is getting through loud and clear...
  • Options
    Happy New Year All! 2-0 defeat tomorrow.... but hoping for a cheeky one nil home win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Forest don't win this game, I think their fans would have every reason to be mightily annoyed with their side. The tactics should be simple - be strong defensively - Charlton will play a lot of forwards but they won't be too hard to stop going past you, a three man midfield will be too much for them, and put the ball in the box as much as you can, if you can't score, they will assist you in doing so.
  • Options
    Henderson
    Solly Diarra Sarr THD
    Cousins Ba Jackson
    Vaz Te Makienok Reza

Pope Fox Lennon Moussa Muldoon Ahearne-Grant Ceballos
  • Options

During the protests can we protest against Trevor kettle as well, most inept ref ever

let's hope we will have the whistling kettle on our side tomorrow
  • Options

During the protests can we protest against Trevor kettle as well, most inept ref ever

Best joke of the year so far.
  • Options

Best joke of the year so far.
    early days my man .. early days (or day) ((:>) .. h n y Gary and let's hope it's a good one for everybody, specially anyone concerned or connected with CAFC
  • Options

If Forest don't win this game, I think their fans would have every reason to be mightily annoyed with their side. The tactics should be simple - be strong defensively - Charlton will play a lot of forwards but they won't be too hard to stop going past you, a three man midfield will be too much for them, and put the ball in the box as much as you can, if you can't score, they will assist you in doing so.

Forest are a straight-forward 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 team, which means two wide players. If we don't play two wide players to match up, Solly & whoever is at Left Back, will be constantly exposed to 2 v 1s. We need to match up.
    If we play 4-4-2, we will also play up against their main weakness at Left Back. Mancienne who is not a left back and Lichaj at right back is also vulnerable.

This game will be won and lost in Central Midfield, as most games are. Jackson/Ba need to improve their performance from Monday, and get the better of Lansbury/ Vaughan. They were too deep, too negative and second best against Wolves. Whoever dominates possession in the central areas, will dictate the pattern of play. If Forest get plenty of the ball, they will get the strong and mobile Oliveira running in behind our Back Four.
  • Options
    @Tutt-Tutt .. I wrote the following on another post a few days ago .. I aint had a change of heart in the meantime:

(((exactly this .. though Luzon was playing this way at the start of the season with long balls up to Makienok .. remember we got points at Forest and Derby, VERY hard fought for and well earned points .. after BigMak's injury at Cardiff (methinks) .. Luzon changed tack, tried to play 'clever football' and the team was lost and hardly got another point under his tenure .. Fraeye is trying to be too clever also, whether this is at the behest of Duchatelet, a quest for pretty play is a matter for conjecture .. whatever .. back to bash and crash when required as unseemly and ugly as it may be .. better to get lots of ugly points than to play pretty and get hammered ..

Mills the dirty bastard Forest man is coming to the Valley .. his tackle on Reza at the City Ground deserved six months in the slammer and not a mere yellow card .. I wont be there but I'd like to think that rather than boo our own players, the 'fans' will boo this dirty slag and put him right off his game .. lastly .. Vaughan caused us a lot of problems alongside Lansbury .. they will need to be stopped .. Lansbury is another one who likes a bit of a high tackle and a sly elbow .. Henri .. break a leg !! ((:>) ... )))

I will just add .. COME ON YOU ADDICKSAAAAAAA !! .. we NEED the three points
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

I will just add .. COME ON YOU ADDICKSAAAAAAA !! .. we NEED the three points

We also need a decent manager, an owner that gives a shit and a CEO that doesn't think she knows everything. Sadly, none of them are likely to happen.