Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Boycott" BY club sponsors and advertisers?

2»

Comments

• Options

PL54 said:

The 5 primary club sponsors are:

The Royal Borough of Greenwich
    The University of Greenwich
    Nike
    Mitsubishi
    Andrews air conditioning people

How are you going to boycott them exactly ?

Get organised or be laughed at.

Move house, quit uni, sell my clothes, sell my car and cool my home with ice buckets and fans.
    They're called 'customers' mate
  • Options

mogodon said:

Agree a boycott is targeting the wrong people as they are tied in to deals for the season. BUT ... emailing the companies and pointing out that their association with the club is not doing them any favours is a legitimate tactic. If nothing else, they may contact the commercial team and that message is likely to feed back.

We have a player sponsorship package that we won't be renewing under current circumstances. When we first sponsored, the club was well regarded and we were happy to be associated however, now we feel that Charlton is potentially a toxic brand. I hope to get a chance to put this to Katrien at some point.
    Don't take any prisoners Jorge, you never used to :wink:
  • Options
    The director of Sykes is a decent bloke (north stand season ticket holder).
    I am unaware of what their present contract locks them in for, but wouldn't expect them to continue under their present ToC.

• Options
    Perhaps sponsors could be persuaded to do as I have done, albeit in a small way as a shirt sponsor, and write to KM regarding detrimental impact on corporate image by association with negative aspects of the prevailing situation, and ask for reassurance of planned improvement (i.e. new permanent, suitable, manager). Won't get any response (other than 'message read' for the email), but the point will be made?
  • Options
    Cant help but get the feeling that it is all unfolding and imploding for KM and RD. Surely it cant be long now.
    The only thing that could hold it all back is RD's obstinance.
  • Options
    The fact that RM took the trouble to phone Airman suggests this has had some impact.
  • Options

The fact that RM took the trouble to phone Airman suggests this has had some impact.

Any idea what was said?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I think Airman has said all he can reasonably can - To suumarise what Airman posted on here- it wasn't particularly amicable, Murray spouted some accusation about Varney that Airman was already aware of. Murray said he would talk to Varney then the owner, but Airman didn't feel that converstaion would be very productive given Murray's position on Varney.

You asked the question last year and I replied this. At least better than our CEO.