Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold boycott?

Comments

• Options

Rikofold - what I find bizarre is how out of touch you seem to be with the people you are there to represent.

I can tell you from long experience that there is nothing new about Valley Gold members cancelling their membership in an act of protest against CAFC. However, what Charlton Club should always try and do is mitigate against this and at this time recognise the level of discontent members have with the present owners and the threat this poses to the very existence of the scheme.

Let me try and be constructive and offer a way forward.

Next week the committee should send an email or letter to those members you don’t have
    email addresses for that recognises the level of discontent and asks members whether the committee should:

1. Continue to donate money to the academy
    2. Postpone indefinitely giving money to CAFC
    3. Donate the money to another CAFC cause
    4. Democratise the chair and fans representatives on the committee
    5. Organise a meeting to discuss these issues and others that members might put forward

Before you start quoting the rules to me having this discussion is not against the law and rules can be changed as long as they comply with the law.

If you do nothing you will be in big danger of losing a significant chunk of support.

Absolutely this.
  • Options

mart77 said:

I have yet to see one decent response as to why I shouldn't quit VG, so unless I do in next couple of weeks I'll be doing just that very soon.

One good reason @mart77 We need your vote to call a general meeting and to vote to withhold Valley Gold funding from the football from June 2016
    Which is my reason for staying in
  • Options
    Maybe we could lobby for conditions on youth products in contracts seeing as vg producing them? E.g if sold after so many games vg would get 60% of the transfer fee and that reduces the longer they play for the first team.

This would do two things;
    1 if rd wants to just farm talent to sell it wont be as lucrative as before.
    2 it would mean the club would activly push player valuations up, protientialy pricing them out of the market.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Maybe we could lobby for conditions on youth products in contracts seeing as vg producing them? E.g if sold after so many games vg would get 60% of the transfer fee and that reduces the longer they play for the first team.

This would do two things;
    1 if rd wants to just farm talent to sell it wont be as lucrative as before.
    2 it would mean the club would activly push player valuations up, protientialy pricing them out of the market.

No point asking for things that are logistically impossible. Valley Gold gives money to the club, that is its purpose, so when everything is working, why would the club give money to Valley Gold. Who would sign up to that?
  • Options
    More as a goodwill gesture to show that talent wont be sold at the first oportunity more like a deterant.
  • Options

mart77 said:

I have yet to see one decent response as to why I shouldn't quit VG, so unless I do in next couple of weeks I'll be doing just that very soon.

One good reason @mart77 We need your vote to call a general meeting and to vote to withhold Valley Gold funding from the football from June 2016
    Yeah, no problem now that a plan of action is in place.
  • Options
    I am sure that rikofold will report in on today's Management Meeting as soon as he has taken a breath and found time to summarise the discussion.

I am keen to find out the outcome and to find out what happens next.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes, I am waiting to find out whether I am staying in the scheme or not. I'm sure quite a few others are too. Although I am willing to stay in to get this general meeting done, if I am needed. I may be jumping the gun, but the lack of an update tonight suggests we will be getting some bullshit when it does come! Would love to be proven wrong so much!
  • Options
    Well put, CS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem is a lot of people won't. It seems to be something Rikofold, with all due respect, just can't seem to grasp. Henry is trying to stop the funds going to the club to save the scheme. No point arguing the detail of the scheme or how it is pointless etc... It is a gesture and it is simple - why would anybody want to put money in a scheme which puts money in the pockets of people you are at war with?
  • Options
    Roland is a multimillionaire investing heavily in the academy for his own reasons. He doesn't need my money or Valley Gold.
  • Options
    Perhaps all the Management Committee are at A&E after a huge brawl broke out after heated discussions turned nasty?

I hope that KM has a right shiner from a rik left hook.
  • Options

Yes, I am waiting to find out whether I am staying in the scheme or not. I'm sure quite a few others are too. Although I am willing to stay in to get this general meeting done, if I am needed. I may be jumping the gun, but the lack of an update tonight suggests we will be getting some bullshit when it does come! Would love to be proven wrong so much!

You're definitely jumping the gun !
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    let's see then. Was expecting an update - can't see one! If I'm wrong, would truly love it!
  • Options
    Think we should give them 24 hours - would still be an awful lot quicker than updates emerging from the Fans' Forum.
  • Options
    Miere has locked them all in laundry baskets
  • Options
    I do appreciate people put their own time into this, but I also feel that the money I pay in is not respected by those people. Why should it take so long to update clearly unhappy paying customers?
  • Options
    Hang on guys, the meeting was only tonight wasn't it? For all we know it only ended 5 minutes ago, and they still need to actually get home! Whilst I am also eagerly awaiting an update, let's give them a chance.
  • Options
    It is nearly eleven o'clock!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe I haven't understood, I thought that the answer was that no money will be passed to the club by ValleyGold until June.

With matters as they are, valley gold reps will not support a transfer.

Stopping valley gold membership before then runs the risk of making a scheme valued by many unsustainable.

Changes to the transparency of where the money is or will be spent are required but continuing to build a war chest for the next ownership and using the increased money as a bargaining chip seems more sensible than just stopping with it particularly given the club doesn't get any money until after June and The tenor of the conversations in relation to just handing over cash to the existing regime has changed over the last few weeks.

You can't change the terms of stuff like this over a week or two.

The donations to the protest fund have been considerable and I have donated (not yet to Valley Gold) but that is a different situation.

I would encourage ongoing support of Valley Gold.

I would also encourage Rikofold to consider whether he can be comfortable producing a statement along the lines that he will work to ensure that no payments are made from the fund under the existing regime without reasonably broad agreement that these supported the aims of the members. Some sort of voting system could be set pinto support this.

I think it would be a shame, and also not be very influential, if the scheme just died. I think it would be more powerful if the scheme became bigger and more selective or transparent about where the money went.

Would those thinking of leaving support this or is it too late?
  • Options
    Rik lives in Ashford give him a break, anyway there may be a news blackout from the meeting.
  • Options
    Yes, you have misunderstood. I am paying money now - if in June it is decided to pay money to the club, the money I am now paying will go to the club. The decision has to be made now, no farting about, no sitting on the fence explaining the scheme. We are at war with the owner or we are not. It may be a gesture, but gestures need to be made and they need to be made NOW.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Yes, you have misunderstood. I am paying money now - if in June it is decided to pay money to the club, the money I am now paying will go to the club. The decision has to be made now, no farting about, no sitting on the fence explaining the scheme. We are at war with the owner or we are not. It may be a gesture, but gestures need to be made and they need to be made NOW.

You realise the people you're criticising for not updating you immediately aren't actually paid by Valley Gold ? Rich lives quite far from the Valley and has a very young family, getting home and seeing his folks is slightly more important than satisfying your insatiable desire for some comment from the committee meeting tonight (which lets be honest you only want so you can undermine it and then declare you're quitting VG anyway).

Completely unreasonable from you to be fair Muttley.
  • Options
    OK, Muttley, so a statement that no money will be payed to the club under current situation not strong enough to continue your membership.

You currently want a no money to be paid while the club is under current ownership, under any circumstances and unless this is provided, you will cancel your subscription?

• Options
    Why would I do that if it is what I want to hear. I actually told people on this thread to wait for Monday. I have waited for Monday and Monday is nearly over. I have been in Valley Gold since it started, I went to all the Sellout games, I don't need you telling me what is reasonable thanks!
  • Options
    Crikey o Reilly!

Give em a chance.
  • Options

Why would I do that if it is what I want to hear. I actually told people on this thread to wait for Monday. I have waited for Monday and Monday is nearly over. I have been in Valley Gold since it started, I went to all the Sellout games, I don't need you telling me what is reasonable thanks!

Bloody hell.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I already know what I am going to be told - it will be what I was told on the first pages of this thread. My current stance is out of anger for the lack of respect for the position some of us who don't want Valley gold to die have been given in this thread. It is all this we dont undertand this or that like it is tiresome. Well, one thing that has been forgotten, for all the time committee members put in, is that I have paid thousands of pounds int the scheme and the dismissive tones I feel we have received has pushed the wrong button!
  • Options

I already know what I am going to be told - it will be what I was told on the first pages of this thread.

Thought that might be the case.