Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views Charlton v Nottingham Forest

13»

Comments

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

Not really sure why Fraeye is receiving so much criticism for playing Holmes-Dennis at right back. He was our best player away at Birmingham in that position and looked extremely comfortable, competent and accomplished, not to mention setting up the winning goal from that position.

Because it meant Chris Solly went to central midfield.
    I was referring to the comments about how irresponsible it was to place a young left sided full back on the right side of defence regardless of where Solly was playing
    Oh, in which case I don't mind THD playing there, but given the context - i.e. Solly moving to centre mid - it's an idiotic decision and one I wholeheartedly disagree with. It's not because THD was at RB so much as the Solly thing - he looked directionless in the centre of the park - complete change in his body language.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Am i right in saying that the last 3 games, that old chubby boiler Kettle has been in charge of with CAFC, there has been 5 red cards ?

Hollands and Wagstaff in the 1st division.
    The 2 Bolton lads at the valley.
    and TBH yesterday.
  • Options
    The first half was probably the most boring half of football I have watched. Neither team promised anything and it seemed we were setup for a goalless draw (which at home is not appealing to us fans customers). Their goal just before half time obviously rendered that plan useless.

Second half was very encouraging. JBG coming on changed things and we looked very threatening. Solly was excellent, apart from when he was moved strangely into midfield, and Harriott was superb. Glad to have him back.

I was very pleasantly surprised that we scored and good that Big Mak got it. In my opinion, THD deserved to get sent off (you don't pull someone back blatantly if you're already on a yellow) but we could have won if it weren't for 2 world class saves by their keeper from Cally.

Noticed that the players let Fraeye walk back on his own again whilst we clapped them. If we play like we did in the 2nd half consistently then we have a good chance of staying up.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Not really sure why Fraeye is receiving so much criticism for playing Holmes-Dennis at right back. He was our best player away at Birmingham in that position and looked extremely comfortable, competent and accomplished, not to mention setting up the winning goal from that position.

Because it meant Chris Solly went to central midfield.
    I was referring to the comments about how irresponsible it was to place a young left sided full back on the right side of defence regardless of where Solly was playing
    Oh, in which case I don't mind THD playing there, but given the context - i.e. Solly moving to centre mid - it's an idiotic decision and one I wholeheartedly disagree with. It's not because THD was at RB so much as the Solly thing - he looked directionless in the centre of the park - complete change in his body language.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Welcome ST, haven't noticed your posts before. Had to check you weren't Viewfinder or has he re-branded?
  • Options
    No doubt a difficult side to pick with all the injuries, tiredness and small squad. Dull first half and a pity that both JJ and Mak went for the same ball in front of the goal!
    Much better second half and JGB made a very good contribution and helped put us on the front foot. Callum had a very good match - he is fit, found his proper shooting boots and has a new found confidence.
    Whole team lifted their game in the second half. Solly was great and that tackle near the half way line at the closing stages of the game was terrific albeit borderline scary!
    Sadly baby Sarr had possibly his worst game but there is potential there. Liked the look of the guy from Middlesb' who managed to stamp his authority on the team without touching the ball much!
    Really enjoyed the last 30 minutes or so of the game and the draw felt very much like a win to me.
    We are not getting cut adrift and with Poyet and probably Yann coming next week I am sure that we will be okay for this season at least!
  • Options
    Good points; Harriot, solly, team spirit with 10 men in second half, cousins , Williams looks promising, Gudmundson is totally our most gifted player. Points; vaz te was not really there at all and made me feel quite angry when he returned for the second half. Thought everyone else tried their best ; some obvious ones are too inconsistent to be safe defensively. When are we going to ever get three points?
  • Options

Welcome ST, haven't noticed your posts before. Had to check you weren't Viewfinder or has he re-branded?

He's not new. I like the fact that it says 'member' next to Thundercock.
  • Options
    Thanks to the booooos and sarcastic cheers that fired up Big Mak to respond and score , appreciate it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks to the booooos and sarcastic cheers that fired up Big Mak to respond and score , appreciate it

I wonder if any of them utter morons were the ones clapping him off.
  • Options
    65% League One nightmares again
    35% We scrape together a few old pros to hang on in the Championship
  • Options

Big Mak was superb at home to sheff wednesday and won 90% of headers.

Against Ipswich he won 1 header all day and had a total mare, which he admits too.

one sarcastic cheer in the next home game would have been understandable,
    but to keep it going was poor. Getting behind Harriott from the Beginning of yesterdays match helped him no end.

Don't know if being a coach and manager at one time at youth level helps my take on players, but i'm yet to see a player from park football to International football improve if getting stick. i will admit to laughing at Simon Church once which i will forever feel guilty for :blush:
  • Options
    (3 goals for big Mak so far; 11 by the end of the season
  • Options

I thought the criticism of Fraeye for putting Solly in the middle was harsh. Luzon did the same thing and Solly was brilliant in the middle.

Solly did wobble when Fraeye did the same this time round but I firmly believe Solly would make a very capable midfielder

Don't ever recall thinking Solly was brilliant in the middle and I think when Luzon did it there were little other options, yesterday there was as was proved after the sending off
  • Options
    Well its a funny old game as they say. Firstly I have to applaud Harriot for a stirring perfromance and it was nice to see a CAFC player who actually seems to care, same for Solly who was excellent and young Cousins who had his best game for a while. This was an improvement on the Wolves game and we showed some fight, tested the Forest keeper, especially at the end.

Now the bad bit, this demonstrated that Fraye is a complete bell end, the idea of moving Solly into mid-field and putting THD at right back was verging on insanity, I feel for the lad as he was exposed very badly by a decision that even the most basic of coaches would not have made. Add to that JBG was very good and I fear that this was the shop window opening I suspect he will be elsewhere by the end of January.

We are stuck with a coach who is clueless, a CEO that thinks Football fans are customers and an owner who only has interest in the financial spread sheets the situation remains dire. Honestly the best (and I fear only) thing we can do is to get behind the team. Relegation appears to be more likely than ever, we all had this conversation this time last year and then we had 31 points, what happens after that is anyone's guess.
  • Options

Am i right in saying that the last 3 games, that old chubby boiler Kettle has been in charge of with CAFC, there has been 5 red cards ?

and TBH yesterday.

Is he back as well?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

and TBH yesterday.

Is he back as well?
    To be honest, Ross, Having THD, JBG,RCC,KAG,EHB,TBS (out on Loan)
    MBW and AMB in the Academy and ABA and TBH who have left;

Can you see now why i miss my 1st hero Matt Tees !

• Options

ross1 said:

and TBH yesterday.

Is he back as well?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

and TBH yesterday.

Is he back as well?

RVT
  • Options

seth plum said:

So, the new bloke turns up on Saturday morning, and by afternoon he is telling all the other players what to do.

We would all like that from our new co-workers on their first day wouldn't we folks?

I don't understand why you are critical of Rhys Williams. I thought it was absolutely terriffic, that we had a player out there, who could assume the captain role of organising & motivating the team.

Someone needs to tell the likes of Sarr, Fox and Ba what to do.

We have been crying out for this for years and years, probably since Kinsella left.

Well done Rhys, keep it up mate.
    I would have thought Sarr, Fox and Ba would know what to do

a) because they're footballers
    b) because they're selected
    c) because the manager/coach has prepared them properly.

I am not against the new bloke, I am incredulous at the footballing situation we are in.
    A new bloke turns up in the morning and tells the other players what he thinks they ought to be doing in the afternoon.

And the new bloke who's influence you say we're crying out for is here for a month.

To me it is a mess, and the new bloke Rhys Williams, however good he is, comes across to me as a symptom of that mess.