Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taking Back our Charlton - Blackburn onwards

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
No Boycott of matches, we go, we protest, positive action - at least until season ticket renewal time..

Protest at the games, don't buy food or merchandise, flyer others and spread the word, we embarrass the regime until they sell up.

But the fans must be involved in any future ownership, this is the only way we can stop this madness, in our club, in our game.

No more spivs, property deals, threats to our historic home, or experiments run by idiots who know nothing about our game, our league, our history.

To any new owner, work with the fans and we will bring you the magical 20k, this is the way success works at Charlton, it has been done before and it can be done again.

Comments

• Options
    I looked in the club shop today at 2.35pm. Only 3 people in there. Financial hurt is working. Keep it up.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I have an idea for the flyers too
  • Options
    I've been thinking that we should make a conscious effort to regain a connection to the players. If we could manage to have the players on side, that could be huge. Of course no player would openly come out and slate the regime, but if we all knew that they were fighting for US, that would really fuck off the powers that be.

The chant 'Support the Team, Not the Regime' would look great on a well-made banner...
  • Options
    Exactly. Keep the pressure on.
    Boycotting now will not help the cause.
  • Options
    Fair comment, but just what do you mean by disrupt? Pitch invasions? Throwing tennis balls on the pitch? I'm all for bringing all the pressure available to get this lot out but not by damaging the club which could result in huge fines from the League / FA and possible points deductions etc. I for one have not quite given up all hope of staying up and the last thing we need would be points deducted. Unless, of course, you feel that the risks engendered by such actions (points deducted and expulsion from the FA Cup) are the only way to rid CAFC of the present owners. Ask yourself if you are prepared to accept any or all of the above consequences?
  • Options
    I do wonder if there is too much dilution and not enough strategy, perhaps its just me, my gut says this is not the valley party campaign. Think a quiet meeting might help. If I'm the only one who thinks that then fair enough, if not drop me an inbox.
  • Options
    razil said:

I do wonder if there is too much dilution and not enough strategy, perhaps its just me, my gut says this is not the valley party campaign. Think a quiet meeting might help. If I'm the only one who thinks that then fair enough, if not drop me an inbox.

Definately agree that there is too much dilution, but its just everyone pouring out with ideas that no doubt will be filtered and out will come the best ones to target.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sure but distribution is one issue, the other is gimmicks that are appealling but ineffective
  • Options
    This is all very well but I am not sure that the regime will respond to 'being embarrassed'...I'm of the opinion that actually we do need to be more extreme moving forwards...need to show them that 'this is what an empty stadium looks like' (i.e. this is where you are heading) and so on...

I also think that we still need a definitive idea of the number of people who actually are dissatisfied (I wrote this on another thread)...yes, 1,000 people protested, but that means that 9,000 (or so) didn't....why didn't they? Didn't know about it? Didn't care? Don't agree? We are in a much stronger position when we have an absolute idea of who is dissatisfied and - more importantly - who is willing to put their feelings into action... There are several f/book groups and then there is everything that is happening on here but we are still only speaking to a small percentage of the fan base....we need to go further and engage with 'all' fans if we are to truly succeed in getting them out.
  • Options
    razil said:

I think perhaps a list of potential ideas in one centralised place, and a mechanism for discussing particular ideas could be a way forward. I also don't think anyone should be dissuaded from pursuing their own ideas if they wish.

Successful ideas will be successful, unsuccessful ones will fail. Essentially casting the net far and wide.

The reason I think there is a requirement for a centralised list and individual discussions is simply because I fear there may end up a point where there's a duplication of efforts/concerns, and there may be some worthy ideas that are going un-noticed in the noise which could do with a helping hand.

The idea of "a quiet meeting", although sensible and undoubtedly well intentioned, does lead to the possibility of this ending up being inclusive - which I would've thought was the last thing we want, we need input from the entirety of those who are interested and either have the creativity to form an idea, the skill-set to enable others to pursue those ideas or simply the energy to act on their enthusiasm.
  • Options
    Was boycotting, but went Saturday and thought the protests were superb. Am going to going to Colchester now to helpto keep the good work going...
  • Options
    Sorry, meant going to go.....
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    TEL said:

I would have thought that after all the media coverage and social media coverage a bigger percentage of our fan base are now aware of whats going on. Im concerned that all this talk of taking over the west stand if we draw at Colchester is just giving Meire and Co the heads up......time to go a bit more underground with the ideas guys.

I saw one lad on Twitter calling people out for protesting and questioning them over what they wanted and pretty much calling them spoilt. But you get tools everywhere and only one so far is pretty good considering he must be the 98%.

I agree that we need to stay one step ahead and perhaps secrecy may help. BUT on the other hand, the disruption caused by them trying to pre-empt and prevent any of our plans could also be quite satisfying and lead to a few more embarassments...

"Charlton CEO demands own stand in cup tie: Meire concerned about plotting customers"

That would be just about her only possible defence from the plans regarding the West Stand.

Plotting in public also makes coordination a doddle.
  • Options
    razil said:

If only there was some sort of fan lead organisation willing to lead and facilitate the protests : - )
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sure don't want to discourage anyone, just think a pooling of resources and agreed action plan of a smallish group might make us more effective.

Like I said if people don't agree nor want to collaborate fair enough.
  • Options
    razil said:

Sure but distribution is one issue, the other is gimmicks that are appealling but ineffective

The Irony of that comment !

As you know Razil, as she has no understanding that CAFC are for Life ,not just for Christmas, Gimmicks are the only thing she's got a handle on.

• Options

razil said:

If only there was some sort of fan lead organisation willing to lead and facilitate the protests : - )
    So its up to 'you and me' Ben, you game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

razil said:

The Irony of that comment !

As you know Razil, as she has no understanding that CAFC are for Life ,not just for Christmas, Gimmicks are the only thing she's got a handle on.

quite, and believe me I wasn't intending to criticise any of the efforts so far
  • Options
    razil said:

Sure don't want to discourage anyone, just think a pooling of resources and agreed action plan of a smallish group might make us more effective.

Like I said if people don't agree nor want to collaborate fair enough.

From what I have seen or heard, that is pretty much happening already behind the scenes, and with what seems to be good success.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Fair comment, but just what do you mean by disrupt? Pitch invasions? Throwing tennis balls on the pitch? I'm all for bringing all the pressure available to get this lot out but not by damaging the club which could result in huge fines from the League / FA and possible points deductions etc. I for one have not quite given up all hope of staying up and the last thing we need would be points deducted. Unless, of course, you feel that the risks engendered by such actions (points deducted and expulsion from the FA Cup) are the only way to rid CAFC of the present owners. Ask yourself if you are prepared to accept any or all of the above consequences?

Yes the horns of the dilemma.

I would say that nobody wants relegation.

I am not sure how points get deducted (fines I would be ambivalent about), but I suppose it would be for preventing a match from happening.

I would look for something that avoids that, but is somehow disruptive, like looking like there will be a pitch invasion, delaying the opposition coach, phoning the club saying the referee has been delayed for half a day, certainly access to the screen and the PA is tempting. Delaying the entrance of the support by taking ages at each turnstile, six 'delayers in a team at each turnstyle each ahem misunderstanding the system and taking five minutes per person.
    Crowds are invited to make some noise so there must be potential there, not all whistles are referee Acme Thunderers, and anyway a surreptitiously concealed refs whistle would be hard to detect.
    Sheesh.
    I hate myself for writing this stuff actually.

However the deafening silence of the regime pretending nothing is happening is very irritating, if what we've done so far doesn't work, then we have to do more in my view.

• Options
    if we get a draw at colchester the replay would be a cash game so would we be inclined to not attend at all and risk going out of cup as no support there or attend fully and support the team?.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Delaying the entrance of the support by taking ages at each turnstile, six 'delayers in a team at each turnstyle each ahem misunderstanding the system and taking five minutes per person.

I think the turnstiles manage this all by themselves. On the down side, all that would do is delay people who want to get into the ground from doing do and thus piss them off. Those in the lounge wouldn't even notice. They still think we get 14,000 for every home match.
  • Options
    We need to do things that won't inconvenience the fans and won't harm the club (ie get us fined, deducted points or made to look like thugs in the media). Boycotts a good start, and of everything from programmes to food and drink (toilets exempt from this action). If that woman is still there come the summer then nobody should buy new kit. Season ticket renewal is a personal choice but suspect a lot won't renew anyway if the Wicked Witch of the West Stand is still in situ.