Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Duchâtelet....

2»

Comments

• Options

I think squirrel face will buckle and we'll have a new CEO by next season, but reckon Duchatelet may hold tight.

Just a hunch.

As long as it's someone who can remember where they left their nuts.

• Options

Football in London is about to undergo massive change.

Chelsea, Tottenham and WHU have major stadium developments in hand. AFC Wimbledon, QPR and Brentford are also actively planning new locations. Palace now have $$$$ to burn and it is only a matter of time before that old main stand suffers a company fire. Millwall, Arsenal, Orient and Barnet are already done, and Fulham and D+R are stuck where they are. In total there will be an additional 100000 seats to fill per fortnightly cycle.

Where do we fit in ?? Under our present ownership we will have an almighty struggle to compete and just to survive, but yesterday proves conclusively that when the path ahead is cleared it is the fans who will take the club forward - again. My fervent wish would be that we become the Dulwich Hamlet of the Football League - welcoming, inclusive and above all fun once more.

If the momentum now builds and the right owner materialises we could be in for another golden age.
  • Options
    Like others I am unhappy with the current ownership. I am encouraged by the signings being made now, but as @Henry Irving says this is almost pointless if we continue to experiment next season with an understrength squad. I also believe the appointment of Fraeye is perverse.

Watford have shown that a network model can work. I suspect if Roland had led us to the Prem we wouldn't have these demonstrations.

Our network has felt like a poor man's version of that. Perversely Standard being sold has meant we could not bring in any decent cast offs. In my view Astrit, Bulot,Buyens,Ben Haim and Watt were all good signings although I accept they also sent some real donkeys over as well.

What will happen to the Valley if Roland sells? The sort of buyers being discussed will in my view move us to the Peninsula. Would playing in the planned Stadium on the Gasworks site feel like 'our Charlton '.I have seen it denied that we will move Swanscombe, but not the North Greenwich site.

In short I would welcome new owners and support the protest. I just want to know what the end game is.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Like others I am unhappy with the current ownership. I am encouraged by the signings being made now, but as @Henry Irving says this is almost pointless if we continue to experiment next season with an understrength squad. I also believe the appointment of Fraeye is perverse.

Watford have shown that a network model can work. I suspect if Roland had led us to the Prem we wouldn't have these demonstrations.

Our network has felt like a poor man's version of that. Perversely Standard being sold has meant we could not bring in any decent cast offs. In my view Astrit, Bulot,Buyens,Ben Haim and Watt were all good signings although I accept they also sent some real donkeys over as well.

What will happen to the Valley if Roland sells? The sort of buyers being discussed will in my view move us to the Peninsula. Would playing in the planned Stadium on the Gasworks site feel like 'our Charlton '.I have seen it denied that we will move Swanscombe, but not the North Greenwich site.

In short I would welcome new owners and support the protest. I just want to know what the end game is.

Very good post.

I would not be in favour of moving at ANY time.

This is a problem with new owners as to what their ideas would be.
  • Options
    if a buyer is concerned about possible relegation he can insert a RD type clause that lowers the price if it happened
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

You don't stay with a wrong un missus on the basis you might never get another one or get an even worse one. You give her the elbow and have the self esteem and confidence to know there will be a queue of stunners lining up to take her place.

You might if your an ugly git!
    he's got your number @RodneyCharltonTrotta !

• Options
    It was confirmed by Airman on here and on the VOTV website that the Varney lead interest was/is a full takeover.

Who knows what their ultimate goal is but I personally find it hard to believe PV would be so keen to get them to the negotiation table with RD if it was not a good thing for us fans, as he is one of us.
  • Options
    I would like to know more about how Two Shats ended up selling Standard. It seems to me that he was seemingly intransigent in the face of demonstrations from their fans and then, all of a sudden, grew bored of the situation and sold up with no prior warning. For a megalomaniac he really is the most pathetically shy of specimens, so he never said anything. Maybe he was unhappy with the conflict with the Standard fans for a long time but preferred to keep quiet about it, perhaps not to let them know they were winning. If this is the case it gives us great hope. He may be fed up with the unappreciative Charlton customers, the greedy owners owners of other clubs for not sticking with FFP and his incompetent CEO. Perhaps he is enjoying the relegation struggle no more than us. After all, for a bloke who seems to fancy himself as the second coming of something or another, it's hardly an ego-boosting position to find himself in. Maybe his selling of Liège is a good omen for us.

Whether it is, or whether it isn't though, I can't see his dopey underling lasting much longer. The fun will be sucked right out of this job as soon as those two brain-cells connect and she realises that 2% is probably a very big over-estimation of how many people think she's doing ok. She'll not be able to go galavanting off to Ireland or similar anymore pretending that she's something hip with the young executive set, because she knows she'll get found out. And remember when she joined here, for a short while she was the all action CEO, wearing t-shirts, cleaning seats and gurning like a hippo. She'd do anything that would massage her ego and endear her to the fans. There'll be no more jobs like that anymore because everyone hates her. Bye bye Katrien. Try not to cry too much.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Valley11 said:

Feel free to delete this post if it's already been discussed but I'm struggle to see if it has.
    Do we know whether the Varney offer was additional money coming into the club, in the form of buying a stake? Or whether it was an outright takeover?

I ask because, while we push to get rid of the current regime - and I whole heartedly support that - what are the options if Duchatelet sells up?

Now that's a question I have been asking for some time!

Opens popcorn, sits back and waits in anticipation!
    Not in a bloody cinema I hope!?!? (See Star Wars spoiler thread!)
  • Options

Richard J said:

Very good post.

I rest my case!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If RD is interested in a club that has now shown it is a proper club rather than a simple business, he could chuck CF, KM and other assorted flak takers under a bus, apologise, buy a good manager and spend around £10m (or£20m) on long term quality buys this season.

He would need to get onside some of the key support he has cut out.

If he can't do that, he may as well sell now rather than later when he will get a lot less. Your £50m debt is only worth £50m for a going concern in the championship sunshine.

Otherwise you are selling a depreciated and screwed up enterprise (I reckon he's losing at least £1m per days protests on enterprise value)
  • Options
    Agreed, if we can get the ar*ehole to sell that would be best.

As I said elsewhere my son came out of yesterday singing 'I'm Charlton till I die, I'm Charlton till I die, you know I am it's clear I am, I'm Charlton till I die.'

He sang it all day today and I want that to be true.

Let's try and get him to sell as plan a)
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Richard J said:

Very good post.

I rest my case!
    The Belgians have got to go, the damage is irrepairable.