Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    As expected ...will be interesting to see them again
  • Options
    Talal said:

Not against the signings but just seems like lazy scouting to me

Cub scouts are being used on an interim basis I believe
    We can't afford scouts we have girl guides (do they still exist).
  • Options
    Movements to try to settle the fans, we ask for Championship experience and they simply can't go wrong here as they do have Championship experience... with us!
  • Options
    not sure about Poyet coming back ... if he can't get in the MK side, is he as good as lots/many/most on here think ? .. also, he didn't want to stay before, and who can blame him, however, I for one will not welcome him back as a prodigal son now that he's failed elsewhere
  • Options
    I'm not sure whether I'm getting deja vu or deja preview. I'll be dead before they stop doing this every January.
  • Options

not sure about Poyet coming back ... if he can't get in the MK side, is he as good as lots/many/most on here think ? .. also, he didn't want to stay before, and who can blame him, however, I for one will not welcome him back as a prodigal son now that he's failed elsewhere

He was that good for us and our squad hasn't got better since he's left so it would be a good signing even if it is to try and appease the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just shows how desperate the regime is. Anyone actually doing any real scouting since Chapple went?
  • Options
    First things first. We need a new manager, then let him decide what players we need. Then Fraeye can go back to the Belgian third division - if anyone there wants him.
  • Options
    The fact is that neither of these players are ideal, but both of them are better than the players currently playing in their positions.

Our central defence is appalling. Roger Johnson is not great but he is miles better than any of the other players playing in this position.

As regards to Poyet, after he walked out on us I cannot stand him, BUT if he could reproduce some of the form he showed for us previously he would be a big asset.

I think with Poyet it all depends on the reception he gets from the Covered End. If he gets abuse "Judas" ect he might not over exert himself, but if his welcomed back like the prodigal son we might see a Diego Poyet trying to prove himself.
  • Options
    Poyet - no thanks, if we are talking about a defensive midfielder I thought young Jordan was very effective yesterday, now if Poyet can do a Scotty Parker type job then yes please
  • Options
    All will be forgiven if he helps keep us up.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Cub scouts are being used on an interim basis I believe
    Club Players are being used on a interim basis i believe. ( Roger Johnson ETC)
  • Options

The fact is that neither of these players are ideal, but both of them are better than the players currently playing in their positions.

Our central defence is appalling. Roger Johnson is not great but he is miles better than any of the other players playing in this position.

As regards to Poyet, after he walked out on us I cannot stand him, BUT if he could reproduce some of the form he showed for us previously he would be a big asset.

I think with Poyet it all depends on the reception he gets from the Covered End. If he gets abuse "Judas" ect he might not over exert himself, but if his welcomed back like the prodigal son we might see a Diego Poyet trying to prove himself.

If true about Poyet then maybe good news if he comes in as a play breaker/ball winner because that's what we desperately need, imho.
    I've liked Diarra as a holding mid, tbh. Anyone know how long Diarra is out for?
  • Options
    In our position and with our squad they'll both improve us, hopefully help us stay up while we continue trying to force RD to sell up.

I don't mind that they're short term and known to us. If we make longer term signings under this ownership there's the risk we'll see more Lepoint's and Bergdich's, especially in the January window while we're 23rd in the league.
  • Options
    Shows a complete lack of a decent scouting system going after players you once had.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you look at the responses on his Twitter post about leaving the filthy franchise scum their two bob fans seem to say they can't see why he's going.
  • Options
    They were contracted players previously. This time, as I understand it, they would be loanees.

How motivated would they be in those circumstances?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

They were contracted players previously. This time, as I understand it, they would be loanees.

That's my concern too ...but it could work out well despite this ... they need to be in the shop window as both careers have stalled.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

My experience of loanees is that, if they are looking for a club and new contract - not just sent out by their existing club to get some game time, they usually do really well and put in a maximum shift.

Unfortunately, it's after they've been offered, accepted and signed a contract based on their loan performances, that they all too often take their foot off the gas.

I would expect Diego to be good for us as he is a natural battler and still very young so not tainted by the long term spoils of professional football.
  • Options
    Since Kashi got injured, we have been very light in midfield, so Poyet would definitely be an asset for us.

I think he would be motivated, he's not played much at West Ham, and flopped at MKD, so can't afford another mediocre loan spell.
  • Options
    Back to the Future
  • Options

The scouting may be lazy but at least it's European-wide lazy scouting.

God bless the Network.