Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Probably already been announced?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Who is responsible for signings now. We have no chief scout or director of football. We have no (credible) manager. So is Meire (who, with respect to my daughters, knows as much about players as they do) making the decisions? Or the absentee owner? Someone is deciding who we should (re)sign and sell. So who?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Who is responsible for signings now. We have no chief scout or director of football. We have no (credible) manager. So is Meire (who, with respect to my daughters, knows as much about players as they do) making the decisions? Or the absentee owner? Someone is deciding who we should (re)sign and sell. So who?

I honestly don't think it's Meire and I don't think it's RD. But I also don't think its Fraeye (lol). Genuinely worrying that we have no idea.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I'll guess at Jim Davidson.
  • Options
    I watched Johnson in the Indian Super League and I'd be pretty surprised if he's up to it anymore, Bikey was also playing in that match and he looked a better bet.

Poyet's a good shout.
  • Options

mogodon said:

I honestly don't think it's Meire and I don't think it's RD. But I also don't think its Fraeye (lol). Genuinely worrying that we have no idea.
    I remember overhearing a conversation on the train to Wolves away in August, by Katrien to someone called David. The crux of the conversation (from her end) was that he was doing a deal. It turned out it was a player departure. But just from that I think our finance man has a lot to do with it.

I should add this is just a guess, based on one overheard conversation.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I watched Johnson in the Indian Super League and I'd be pretty surprised if he's up to it anymore, Bikey was also playing in that match and he looked a better bet.

Poyet's a good shout.

If Johnson's worse than Naby Sarr I'll get a ..........
  • Options
    I think we were in agreement it was right not to offer him a contract. He will be an improvement over Sarr and possibly Lennon but we need better. With Poyet, if we lose and he plays badly, he will become a scapegoat. Not a good signing unless fans are made aware that the intention is to re-sign him at the end of the season. Signing players you know when they are not fantastic choices, suggest a weakness in the scouting network big time.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Poyet's a good shout.

If Johnson's worse than Naby Sarr I'll get a ..........
    Steady on now, I didn't go that far !
  • Options

Talal said:

Not against the signings but just seems like lazy scouting to me

Cub scouts are being used on an interim basis I believe
    We can't afford scouts we have girl guides (do they still exist).
    "My proposition is a unique one to supporters, that they can watch the Premier League scouts of the future before we sell them."