Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Colchester FA Cup Match.

13»

Comments

• Options
    The problem with letting rip at Colchester is that it is the least atmospheric stadium you could encounter. However the car park and players/VIP entrances are easily accessible to any large congregation of supporters before the match.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Will Meire and Murray turn up? Smaller ground, closer to 'fans' and the prospect of being embarrassed by large away-end hostility to them in front of Colchester's directors?

• Options

mogodon said:

Will Meire and Murray turn up? Smaller ground, closer to 'fans' and the prospect of being embarrassed by large away-end hostility to them in front of Colchester's directors?

I'm in their main stand Saturday on Meire watch.
  • Options
    Let's give M&M hell. Simple as that.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

If we lose. Will Fraeye go ? If so I will take that.

I can't see one result in the Cup making a difference, after the poor results for the last 2 months? If anything a bad performance at Huddersfield next week might be more significant.
  • Options

markmc68 said:

I can't see one result in the Cup making a difference, after the poor results for the last 2 months? If anything a bad performance at Huddersfield next week might be more significant.
    Fair shout there.

One point from Huddersfield and Hull, particularly if we lose to Huddersfield then I reckon the axe will come down.

On bad runs Peeters and Luzon have been given the boot.
  • Options

mogodon said:

I'm in their main stand Saturday on Meire watch.
    Take lots of pictures of her. That will piss her off even more.
  • Options

markmc68 said:

Fair shout there. One point from Huddersfield and Hull, particularly if we lose to Huddersfield then I reckon the axe will come down. On bad runs Peeters and Luzon have been given the boot.
    But there was talk earlier that Fraeye had been given a certain number of matches as a guarantee. That would make sense as to why the board refuse to even discuss his position or actually acknowledge there is an issue. And for Fraeye himself it would explain why he ditched the job he had .... he would not have done so had he been a genuine 'interim' and so possibly only in situ for days/weeks
  • Options
    mogodon said:

markmc68 said:

Fair shout there. One point from Huddersfield and Hull, particularly if we lose to Huddersfield then I reckon the axe will come down. On bad runs Peeters and Luzon have been given the boot.
    But there was talk earlier that Fraeye had been given a certain number of matches as a guarantee. That would make sense as to why the board refuse to even discuss his position or actually acknowledge there is an issue. And for Fraeye himself it would explain why he ditched the job he had .... he would not have done so had he been a genuine 'interim' and so possibly only in situ for days/weeks
    If that was the case, we'd need evidence that they had genuinely been looking for someone permanent, as replacing KF with another interim head coach would look every worse!

Perhaps, because KM has been so busy interviewing candidates this week, that's why they got Richard to do the statement today...
  • Options
    We will win 3-1 and face Chelsea at home next round Hazard will love the ground so much he will demand a free transfer to the addicts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicks
  • Options

We will win 3-1 and face Chelsea at home next round Hazard will love the ground so much he will demand a free transfer to the addicts.

Nah, he's been rubbish this season.
  • Options
    My dad is a Col U fan, and apparently they arent that enthusiastic about this game so theres a chance there could be as many Charlton fans as Colchester in the ground come 3pm Saturday!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

My dad is a Col U fan, and apparently they arent that enthusiastic about this game so theres a chance there could be as many Charlton fans as Colchester in the ground come 3pm Saturday!

Hardly a surprise is it - we don't even want to watch us.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

If they aren't enthusiastic about the game then the least they can do is join in protests against Meire, Murray, RD and Fraeye ...
  • Options
    Has anyone tried contacting the CUFC fanbase and asked for support?
  • Options

Why would they? A team 2nd bottom of L1 is hardly likely to be sympathetic to us!
  • Options

Why would they? A team 2nd bottom of L1 is hardly likely to be sympathetic to us!
    Why not?
    Their main active forum seems to be the U'sual at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/
    (Having trouble registering and logging in presently)
  • Options

Would be amusing - and rare - to have both sets of supporters calling for change. Only we can't sing "sacked in the morning" at Fraeye because we know he won't be, regardless of the result.
  • Options
    I really hope that some of you travelling tomorrow can be there when the team coach (that's the one with 4 wheels, not the one with no brain) arrives at the ground tomorrow. At a small club like Colchester, it should be possible to get fairly close to the players and manager disembarking. If Carol should pass by within earshot, I wonder if someone could possibly give him some friendly advice about how most fans feel about his current employment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I really hope that some of you travelling tomorrow can be there when the team coach (that's the one with 4 wheels, not the one with no brain) arrives at the ground tomorrow. At a small club like Colchester, it should be possible to get fairly close to the players and manager disembarking. If Carol should pass by within earshot, I wonder if someone could possibly give him some friendly advice about how most fans feel about his current employment?

But also let the players know, the customers are right behind them
  • Options
    Hi, as we have now sold over a 1000 tickets, am I right in my understanding that we have moved stands? If so, is it sit where you like?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Hi, as we have now sold over a 1000 tickets, am I right in my understanding that we have moved stands? If so, is it sit where you like?

Got my ticket in the restricted sale and was behind the goal then as well. Think it was the plan from the beginning.
  • Options
    Must have been something I ate last night but I dreamt that I had forgotten we were playing and had to look up the result on my phone to see we'd won 4-0 with a hat-trick by someone who's name was unfamiliar. Probably about the only thing about that dream likely to come true is having a player whose name is unfamiliar...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Would be amusing - and rare - to have both sets of supporters calling for change. Only we can't sing "sacked in the morning" at Fraeye because we know he won't be, regardless of the result.
    Unlikely, as in the second half or 5.15PM are the normal sacking times for Duchatelet.

• Options
    Any ideas where to park?
  • Options

I think we might get a result, as long as we don't resign Llera.

Oi he's the best free kick taker we've ever had
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Any ideas where to park?

I saw somewhere there is park and ride for city centre by j28 off A12 and that this is only 10 minutes walk from ground. Have no idea if it is correct though. worth a try?