Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Videoing protestors

2»

Comments

• Options

LouisMend said:

@TelMc32

That says the video was put up at 5:11.

If memory serves me correctly the guys filming us in blue didn't get there until about twenty to six.

Guys in blue were there when I came down the stairs at I'm guessing 5:10-5:15
    Oh...
    They swapped. Presumably one shift finished and another one started.
  • Options
    Well KM annoyed everyone when she filmed the protesters herself, so she hired in a film company for her private viewing yesterday. She will be sending out the banning orders soon.
  • Options

Well KM annoyed everyone when she filmed the protesters herself, so she hired in a film company for her private viewing yesterday. She will be sending out the banning orders soon.

Don't worry, about the banning orders, she be sending them via Royal Mail., they're go the same way as the season tickets.
  • Options

Don't worry, about the banning orders, she be sending them via Royal Mail., they're go the same way as the season tickets.
    Does that mean we can do these things again?!

Yann Kermorgant was supposed to be delivering my banning order for the last couple of months but still no sign.
  • Options

That won't happen as it would mean communicating with fans and, as we know, she doesn't lower herself to do that
  • Options
    rikofold said:

@henrythecat might be able to confirm but I think they are uni of Greenwich students who film the game.

In any case if you go on a demo these days you'll be filmed anywhere.

As Ibsen said "when you fight for justice don't wear your best trousers"

It was indeed UoG students. I was with them supervising and making sure they didn't get hassled. I was there as part of my duty of care to the students and there were no CAFC staff with us. Incidentally, the only people who challenged the students were some stewards trying to clear the stairs.

As happens at most games, we were asked to provide footage of what was going on around the Valley as well as the match. It was the student's choice to film the protest and from the student's view, it was a good opportunity to do something that they wouldn't normally get, live journalistic filming of a protest. The ones filming are not Charlton fans, so to them it is a paid job. But I did take the opportunity of explaining why the protest was happening and they understood.

I can't comment, because I don't know, what the footage has been used for.

edit: I've just read rest of thread. Those filming do not see anyone protesting as 'the enemy'. Inside the Valley there is definitely a bunker mentality going on. I would say, from what I saw in the office, that they are not sure what to do about the protests and there is almost a denial that things are not right.
    It can't be easy to notice something's not quite right, given the thousands of people standing in the way...
    you can't hear the protesting from the office...
  • Options
    rikofold said:

LouisMend said:

Does that mean we can do these things again?!

Yann Kermorgant was supposed to be delivering my banning order for the last couple of months but still no sign.
    My season ticket was sold to a Premier League club before it was even ready
    Get on to a VG committee member, he sort it out for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

rikofold said:

@henrythecat might be able to confirm but I think they are uni of Greenwich students who film the game.

In any case if you go on a demo these days you'll be filmed anywhere.

As Ibsen said "when you fight for justice don't wear your best trousers"

It was indeed UoG students. I was with them supervising and making sure they didn't get hassled. I was there as part of my duty of care to the students and there were no CAFC staff with us. Incidentally, the only people who challenged the students were some stewards trying to clear the stairs.

As happens at most games, we were asked to provide footage of what was going on around the Valley as well as the match. It was the student's choice to film the protest and from the student's view, it was a good opportunity to do something that they wouldn't normally get, live journalistic filming of a protest. The ones filming are not Charlton fans, so to them it is a paid job. But I did take the opportunity of explaining why the protest was happening and they understood.

I can't comment, because I don't know, what the footage has been used for.

edit: I've just read rest of thread. Those filming do not see anyone protesting as 'the enemy'. Inside the Valley there is definitely a bunker mentality going on. I would say, from what I saw in the office, that they are not sure what to do about the protests and there is almost a denial that things are not right.
    It can't be easy to notice something's not quite right, given the thousands of people standing in the way...
    you can't hear the protesting from the office...
    That's the "Private" side...you hear all the shouting & screaming on the "NHS" side of the wall!! :wink:
  • Options
    Presumably the protest could be heard loud and clear inside (despite the lowering of the blind halfway through)
  • Options
    Lets protest about the protest being filmed. Get over it ffs.