Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 98%

Dont get me wrong they have made some shocking decisions and the performances have be pretty dire but they have also made some really positive changes.

I am also happy with Poyet and Johnson signing instead of some Belgium second division players. Maybe this is a sign they are learning and started to realise how tough and demanding the championship is.

Anyway my point is we are in a huge relegation scrap and I dont think changing ownership of the club at such a crucial time is the way forward at the moment. We wont be able to get new owners in before the jan transfer window finishes so I dont see how getting rid of them now is going to help maintain our championship status.

Just wondering if anyone else agrees or am I the 2%

Comments

• Options
    With the team relegated to all intense and purposes now, then if there is a buyer out there with the money to run are club, then the sooner RD goes the better. The current set up will be relegated from league 1 with no problems.
    A new owner now can at least plan for next season and the rebuilding of the whole club, because as well as players it needs new back room staff as well.
  • Options
    If RD does sell, January is not that big an issue. When the transfer window gently closes at the pre determined time, loans can still be done. If he decided to sell I do not believe it would have a detrimental effect on the players, but Carol may feel a little concerned as to his future, but as he is only an interim it should be minimal.

I think you may have not considered the lift this news would give to supporters and the air of positivity would lift the whole club. Carol could even end up keeping his job!!

If RD does leave, and I do think that it is his time, he will leave with my thanks for saving the club in the first place and for making so many improvements that should help the club move forward. It is such a pity that a great innovator does not understand the value of what is already there.
  • Options
    R
    msomerton said:

With the team relegated to all intense and purposes now, then if there is a buyer out there with the money to run are club, then the sooner RD goes the better. The current set up will be relegated from league 1 with no problems.
    A new owner now can at least plan for next season and the rebuilding of the whole club, because as well as players it needs new back room staff as well.

Relegated - Really!
  • Options
    Nothing has changed, as others have said before, January they panic and put quick fixes over the mistakes of the summer. Nothing they have done so far this month is permanent and in reality will end up hurting us in the long run, as it will probably see Lookman sold to pay for it.
  • Options

R

msomerton said:

Relegated - Really!
    Yes, if we win 9 of are last 21 games or gain the equivalent points that will take us to 48pts, that is knife edge survival and may not be enough. We would be winning 42.5% of are games or the equivalent of. At best we have won 4 games or 16% of are matches, and the points total is the equivalent of 27%. Do you believe this squad is capable of championship winning form even with new signing in january.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

R

msomerton said:

Relegated - Really!
    Yes, if we win 9 of are last 21 games or gain the equivalent points that will take us to 48pts, that is knife edge survival and may not be enough. We would be winning 42.5% of are games or the equivalent of. At best we have won 4 games or 16% of are matches, and the points total is the equivalent of 27%. Do you believe this squad is capable of championship winning form even with new signing in january.
    I've been saying that some games are must wins for sometime. Leeds, Wolves & Forest were all there for the taking but we failed miserably.
    I agree with you, we are all but relegated and making up he numbers in the fixtures now.
    Things could change but it would take a change in playing and management staff and a change of attitude of those who run he club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyway my point is we are in a huge relegation scrap and I dont think changing ownership of the club at such a crucial time is the way forward at the moment. We wont be able to get new owners in before the jan transfer window finishes so I dont see how getting rid of them now is going to help

Well I think most importantly is that any new owners might appoint a manager and create a coaching structure that would have more chance than keeping us up than we have now.

Can you honestly say that this team has a chance at staying up with Karal in charge? If not, then the only way that is going to change is for RD to go.
  • Options
    I think there's something in what you say, in that if we get rid of Staprix now there's no real time to turn the season around (Unless RD has been working on an exit strategy and that is why he blanked Varney's approach - ridiculously optimistic, I know, but it's sometimes good to have hope). I think there's two good reasons why we need to keep the pressure up for them to leave:
    1. To pressure them into making short term improvements - these could make the difference as to which division we'll be in next season.
    2. Because at some point they will leave anyway. At whatever point that is, it will take time for the new owners to turn things around. This club is in such a stinking mess and we can't expect miracles overnight. The quicker Two Shats goes, the earlier a new owner can start work on turning things around.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think there's something in what you say, in that if we get rid of Staprix now there's no real time to turn the season around (Unless RD has been working on an exit strategy and that is why he blanked Varney's approach - ridiculously optimistic, I know, but it's sometimes good to have hope). I think there's two good reasons why we need to keep the pressure up for them to leave:
    1. To pressure them into making short term improvements - these could make the difference as to which division we'll be in next season.
    2. Because at some point they will leave anyway. At whatever point that is, it will take time for the new owners to turn things around. This club is in such a stinking mess and we can't expect miracles overnight. The quicker Two Shats goes, the earlier a new owner can start work on turning things around.

Good points.

Too late for any sale to be completed by the end of January now.

But remember Varney was asking for a meeting in Sept 15. This would have the new Kuwait owners first chance to splash the cash.

As for Johnson. Glad he's back as we need him. Shows their incompetence that they didn't or wouldn't allow the coach to have adequate cover.

Poyet I welcome back too but again too late. Kashi has been injured and badly missed for months. Why wait so long while we struggled other than because Roland doesn't believe in paying players to "sit around".

Panic buys after lack of foresight.

So just like last year. Nothing learnt and staying up (we're not relagated yet) is the limit of our playing ambition.

And paid for by selling Watt and, a big maybe , Lookman.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    If we do stay up this season, and I admit that is still possible given that there are other poor teams around us. If we continue on the current trajectory we will go down next season. It is better protesting to prevent a disaster, than as a result of one! If anything, an upturn in results would give us even more reason to get this mob out.
  • Options
    If the owners left today, or soon, we could clear the decks as best we can and plan a credible League One campaign for next season.
  • Options
    Hope this doesn't turn into another RD bashing post, as we've dozens of those. The thread starter is offering a slightly different view and a platform for others who may be thinking similar, so would be good if it doesn't get dominated by the opposing view please.
  • Options
    Id suggest the pro-RD fan base is larger than 2% personally, but the anti-RD is probably around 60-70% now.

Agree that signing ex-players who were good for us is better than signing awful unproven players with no experience of or desire for the division - but it's hardly ground breaking. They so far have done the absolutely bare minimum in player signings and in doing so have proven that they got it wrong YET AGAIN in pre-season.

As far as I'm concerned though, unless we get a manager who knows how to utilise the squad we have in this league we can sign whoever we want, it just wont make enough of a difference. We're nothing without tactics and KF is completely and utterly clueless to a level which must leave the players with little hope or motivation, let alone the fans.

So basically, a change in ownership would mean these mistake may stop. When you're looking beyond the next 5 months it's clear to see that the sooner this happens the better.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

R

msomerton said:

Relegated - Really!
    In the last 5 years the team with the lowest points to still survive was Birmingham in 13/14 on 44 points. We currently have 20 with 21 games left meaning we'll need 24 points to match that. 24 points = 8 wins.

8 wins looks unlikely considering we've currently had 4 all season out of 25 games. We're playing Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham all this month though. Win those 3 and then it starts to seem more possible. Still doesn't look brilliant however.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But we could be out of the bottom three if we win our next game. So other teams around us will need roughly the same target.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Interesting OP, and I do agree that there is no time to change owner before the end of Jan. However, for me the results aren't important right now, a massive shift in the way the club is run and employing experienced personal in practically every job associated with CAFC is.
    Also, the signings of Poyet and Johnson are just smoke and mirrors and are designed to placate the floating protester. After the first season as owners/CEO the CEO said that they did not realise how competitive the Championship was, and that they have learnt, so most gave her the benefit of doubt, but they have not learned.
    I dont really want Douchbag to sell, after all he has a bob or two, I just want him to drop his ridiculous business model, that we all know is not working, and invest in good players, I dont want Messi or Ronaldo, just players that are fit for purpose at the level we play at.
    But we still have time to sack the Liar, and that should be done as quickly as possible, surely her position is untenable and what other club/business would deal with her on a long term basis having seen the demos against her.

• Options
    The club asked folk to buy season tickets for a better tomorrow. Maybe they will not sell up, but perhaps explain what they mean by better.
  • Options
    I agree that if he sacked her, clearly stating it was because she didn’t accurately present his objectives, appointed a manager the fans could get behind like Riga and hint that his procurement system would be reviewed, it would probably put the protest on the back burner. The issue is, she probably has accurately presented his objectives and he probably still thinks his approach is the right one! So basically we are up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle.
  • Options
    You are one of the 2% now francis4england !!
  • Options
    Whilst it is impractical to complete the legal side of a takeover before the end of the month, it is possible to feed off the effect of a change in ownership (and management) before then. Also, player acquisitions could be sanctioned, I believe, if a takeover is agreed, subject to the sale conditions, although January is notoriously difficult to get the players you really want.

Nevertheless, I cannot see that a change of ownership now would have any detrimental effect whatsoever on the team and most likely it would have a positive effect all round. Plus, the sooner the club starts the long rebuilding process, the sooner it will be in a position to support a challange at the top end the league, whatever league that might be !
  • Options
    In all honesty, If I was a buyer, I would want to wait and see how the season pans out. If we get relegated, a choice is there whether they buy at a much cheaper price or buy at all.
  • Options

msomerton said:

R

msomerton said:

Relegated - Really!
    In the last 5 years the team with the lowest points to still survive was Birmingham in 13/14 on 44 points. We currently have 20 with 21 games left meaning we'll need 24 points to match that. 24 points = 8 wins.

8 wins looks unlikely considering we've currently had 4 all season out of 25 games. We're playing Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham all this month though. Win those 3 and then it starts to seem more possible. Still doesn't look brilliant however.
    That is a very depressing read
  • Options
    In response to the OP, I admire your optimism and faith in the regime but although I very much doubt we will have a change of ownership this season, if it did happen I don't think it will keep us from going down, I don't think anything will. I don't want this good intention thread to turn into another anti RD thread either but it's very difficult with very little positives to focus on.

We are going down 95% sure on that, what we need to think about though is are we going to get back up and push on in the championship again under the current regime? Personally, I very much doubt it.