Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U21 today.

Game in four hours. Anybody know where?

Comments

• Options
    VCD waterlogged so looking for a new venue as reported the OS yesterday (as you knew)
  • Options
    Not yet. Wherever it is - will the teams be able to get there in time?
    (I have an idea in the back of my mind that there's a ground somewhere in SE7 available.....)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Not yet. Wherever it is - will the teams be able to get there in time?
    (I have an idea in the back of my mind that there's a ground somewhere in SE7 available.....)

Meridian or Marathon?
  • Options
    Yes Henry as I knew, but it is possible a new venue has been chosen but not posted on the OS and a regular might have heard.
  • Options
    I am going but I haven't heard where.
  • Options
    Maybe it will be postponed.
    Maybe it will be switched to the Brentford area.
    Maybe it will be at Sparrows Lane
    Maybe a secret venue.

I wonder if the referee knows?
    Three and a half hours to go.
  • Options
    Does seem strange that they're so bothered about this match going ahead... Usually if an U21 match gets called off due to a waterlogged pitch it'll just be played at a later date, wonder if the team will include Vetokele along with game time for Ceballos / Johnson?
  • Options
    The OS posted at ten past two yesterday afternoon that VCD is waterlogged.
    The players need to know, Brentford needs to know and the officials need to know.
    It is possible that a potential venue today has to be checked for waterlogging this morning, but even with this cup game people ought to know one way or another by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm told it will still be going ahead and in 'this area' not switching to Brentford.
  • Options
    OK thanks.
    Do you know where in this area and when all interested parties might find out?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    seth plum said:

OK thanks.
    Do you know where in this area and when all interested parties might find out?

Likely to be at Sparrows but behind closed doors.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The OS posted at ten past two yesterday afternoon that VCD is waterlogged.
    The players need to know, Brentford needs to know and the officials need to know.
    It is possible that a potential venue today has to be checked for waterlogging this morning, but even with this cup game people ought to know one way or another by now.

VCD played at home last night. Did they know there was going to be an overnight heavy downpour?
  • Options
    It is taking place at the Valley, behind closed doors 'for security reasons' I have just been told when I phoned Sparrows Lane reception.
  • Options
    Sparrows Lane main reception phone number is
    0208 294 2097
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It is taking place at the Valley, behind closed doors 'for security reasons' I have just been told when I phoned Sparrows Lane reception.

We've taken Messi on trial and we don't want it getting out to the press before the deal has been done.

Either that or they're worried that its too close to Karel Fraeye's office and that protesters will be in attendance...
  • Options
    They are probably just being a bit "stroppy" with customers that might want to go along ...
  • Options
    Only just now announced on the OS. They say they would like to apologise to supporters planning to attend. I imagine Brentford fans and players families, and Charlton players families will be prevented from entering the ground.
    The Valley could have been decided on yesterday and adequate arrangements made.
    If it is about health and safety (which will probably be the reason given) then it could have been managed with a little effort I would say.
  • Options
    Really disappointed about this as was planning to attend. Seems a cop out following Saturdays demonstrations.

We have them on the run:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Problem with all non-first team games at the Valley is that is costs so much to open even just the one stand. Stewarding and other staff have to to paid, cleaning, catering etc etc.

TBH if you pitched up youre more than likely get in but appreciate not all want to take the the risk of travelling and me being wrong about that.
  • Options
    There will be a smattering of Brentford fans affected.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

0208 294 2097

If I ring and ask nicely will they put me through to Carol for a chat?
  • Options

seth plum said:

0208 294 2097

If I ring and ask nicely will they put me through to Carol for a chat?
    They might. Les Reed used to like a chat on the phone.
  • Options
    From the OS: "The club will provide full highlights of the clash, which will be available to watch on our official YouTube channel."

What does that mean I wonder? Presumably not live. But I guess "full" highlights means more than just goals?
  • Options
    If they are streaming the game on the youtube channel that is excellent.
    Full highlights suggest some time after the game is over.
    Unless there is some kind of regular update somewhere with bits of film.

Rather confused here.
  • Options

seth plum said:

If they are streaming the game on the youtube channel that is excellent.
    Full highlights suggest some time after the game is over.
    Unless there is some kind of regular update somewhere with bits of film.

Rather confused here.

We would have loved to stream the game, but not able to do so as the venue was only confirmed this morning.

We'll have one main cameraman, an unmanned camera in the North Upper and the usual GoPros in the goalmouth so we can provide (hopefully) some extensive highlights.
    OK Understood.